Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im pretty sure i have seen various parts(door handles, flares, hardtops) listing either black or gray color molded. I don’t think one is significantly worse than the other... but are they mixing black and gray trim on the same vehicle? I think that is kinda tacky
Sponsored

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed the same thing. I don't understand the gray. I think it just looks like faded black. I would hope that black hard top is available.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am hoping to purchase a 2 door Wildtrak in Shadow Black with the matching Shadow Black roof, wheels, grill, etc. I will also be pricing a 2 door Badlands. For that vehicle the Carbonized Gray would be my choice. I believe the Badlands will come with Carbonized Gray grill, wheels, etc. Will see how the prices compare, either may work for me. It is fascinating how details regarding black and gray vary between the two models.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In this pic the flares, top, and door handles all look consistent.
Ford Bronco Colors molded trim and roof colors 6AB0F196-FEBD-4722-A130-63615FC81D82
Not sure if it’s gray or a charcoal black, but seems to look good together.
You are correct, this all matches very well. I also like the matte finish. I assumed this was a preproduction unit which would not be available. I was using the Bronco 360 colorizer as a guide. We know the 2 door Broncos are the Badlands model and the 4 doors are the Wildtrak model. There you can clearly see the matte versus shiny component parts.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are correct, this all matches very well. I also like the matte finish. I assumed this was a preproduction unit which would not be available. I was using the Bronco 360 colorizer as a guide. We know the 2 door Broncos are the Badlands model and the 4 doors are the Wildtrak model. There you can clearly see the matte versus shiny component parts.
If it has shiny fender flares (aside from Sasquatch flares), door handles, or mirror caps, it is an Outer Banks trim. I'm fairly certain that is the only trim you'll be able to get 'shiny' painted components on (aside from optional painted tops).

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im pretty sure i have seen various parts(door handles, flares, hardtops) listing either black or gray color molded. I don’t think one is significantly worse than the other... but are they mixing black and gray trim on the same vehicle? I think that is kinda tacky
It's super weird because literally NOBODY would ever ask for a "faded black" look for any part of a vehicle. It's super dumb. Make it black, make it white, call it a day. Why don't we just buy it with faded/scratched paint & scuffed wheels? The 2021 "Relic" Bronco.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it has shiny fender flares (aside from Sasquatch flares), door handles, or mirror caps, it is an Outer Banks trim. I'm fairly certain that is the only trim you'll be able to get 'shiny' painted components on (aside from optional painted tops).
You are correct , Outer Banks does have shiny painted wheels, etc. To the best of my knowledge, those wheels which come with that model as standard are not the beadlock capable. The best way to see the shiny beadlock capable wheels is to look at the 4 door model on the 360 colorized. The model is a Wildtrak. On that model the shiny black components are all matched. I believe that matching in shiny black is unique to that model.

Sponsored

DingoDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s the painted top not MIC(molded in color)

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's super weird because literally NOBODY would ever ask for a "faded black" look for any part of a vehicle. It's super dumb. Make it black, make it white, call it a day. Why don't we just buy it with faded/scratched paint & scuffed wheels? The 2021 "Relic" Bronco.
Yep, there's a reason nobody makes faded black parts and there are so many products we all buy to restore things back to black. I sure hope they change the standard hard top to black. This might be a good poll to see if people would prefer the current molded in grey hard top a black hard top.