Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://www.fordofsmithtown.net/new-inventory/index.htm

This dealer somehow has 33 Broncos in stock including 4 First Editions. I may be going out on a limb here, but I’m going to say that those First Editions that wound up in dealer stock had reservations placed by ”real” customers: Mr. Ben Dover, Mr. Phil McKracken and their spouses. NO WAY did an actual customer order an FE, received it already and just let the dealer have it to mark up. Funny that no other dealership around has Broncos in stock 🤔 So shady.

Here’s a pro-tip: if the link to see the window sticker is disabled you know the price is ridiculously marked up. They don’t want you to see what the original price was (like a Bronco customer wouldn‘t already have a ballpark figure of MSRP) 💩
Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s say you are PRS and you have a very limited guitar for $4,500. You took 100K timestamped preorders but due to pickup part shortages you’ve only been able to make 8,000 so far. But before you even made any of the initial 100K you gave 5,000 away to celebrities and influencers. So you find yourself in this conundrum so you decide to start making stripped down versions with lesser pickups and selling those to people who decided last week they might want one too. So now you’ve got all these angry preorder customers waiting for a guitar getting jumped by people who chose the lesser pickups. So you decide that the best way to fix this is to tell your distributors they’re now 5K more. So they call all their customers and inform them the guitar is now 10K because the market calls for it! “it’s 5K more or it goes on eBay that’s just the market you sucker!! Hahahaha!” Otherwise we sell it to the highest bidder!

Do you see how stupid that sounds? Me too. If a dealer had a soul he would not rip people off and sell the vehicles to those who ordered them at the agreed upon price. He also might think, “this customer didn’t want this, maybe I can sell it to another waiting customer,” and he calls his reservation list.

Call me old fashioned but jacking things up because you CAN just makes you an asshole. Regardless of if some idiot will pay it.
Yeah. Thats the part that makes this a hard pill to swallow and yours was a good analogy but dealers are not ripping anyone off if people choose not to buy. My point was that no one is being forced to buy anything at any price.

The issue everyone can agree on, and to the point you made, is if Ford can't provide the trucks people ordered, its a bit of a turn off to see them marked up. I definitely get that. I waited for over a year for my bronco, only to get an email saying it was cancelled. I even went to a local car show and the dealer had a demo there and I was so mad that I refused to even look at it. I've driven Ford trucks for over 30 years and was ready to jump ship, until I found one on a lot before the crazy markups.

My point was simply that no one is being forced to do anything they don't want to. Yes, it sucks that dealers mark them up but if people are buying them at that price, no one in the transaction is being hurt. What makes it crappy is that customers don't have theirs yet. Thats the part that is upsetting everyone. I get it.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.toddjudyfordofcharlesto...ig+Bend+4+Door+Advanced+4x4-1FMDE5DH1MLA89061

Another dealer marked off my list forever. $90k for a $48k Big Bend? Crack is whack. I understand adding ADM in this market, but this is ludicrous. I cannot wait for the production to catch up and leave these dealers fighting to sell below sticker.
If you didn't order this Bronco and have a price agreement, what are you fussing about? I'm sure the good folks on this forum would gladly sell a vehicle or anything else for less than market value because its the right thing to do. We all have heard the phrase "its worth what someone is willing to pay", that works both ways folks! A Bronco is not a necessity anything but, nobody is going to feel sorry for you if you have to pay $$$ or if someone else is going to pay $$$ driving up the price.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.toddjudyfordofcharlesto...ig+Bend+4+Door+Advanced+4x4-1FMDE5DH1MLA89061

Another dealer marked off my list forever. $90k for a $48k Big Bend? Crack is whack. I understand adding ADM in this market, but this is ludicrous. I cannot wait for the production to catch up and leave these dealers fighting to sell below sticker.
It's so disgusting. The least they could do is use some imagination and come up with some killer upgrades, paint job, something. Nope. Losers.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you didn't order this Bronco and have a price agreement, what are you fussing about? I'm sure the good folks on this forum would gladly sell a vehicle or anything else for less than market value because its the right thing to do. We all have heard the phrase "its worth what someone is willing to pay", that works both ways folks! A Bronco is not a necessity anything but, nobody is going to feel sorry for you if you have to pay $$$ or if someone else is going to pay $$$ driving up the price.
Not to be rude but I'm generally curious since I see this all the time. How are we finding these threads that have been dead for 6+ months with no activity, and resurrecting them like this is an active conversation? Again, not trying to be rude, but just trying to wrap my brain around this

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be rude but I'm generally curious since I see this all the time. How are we finding these threads that have been dead for 6+ months with no activity, and resurrecting them like this is an active conversation? Again, not trying to be rude, but just trying to wrap my brain around this
Yep- I don’t even remember this thread anymore. It’s like some hunt through threads until they can spout something about one. But hey- knock yourself out if you feel better. 🤷‍♂️

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So I am not defending the practice of ADM but I don't see this as that. All 3 models are priced at $98,888 no matter the trim so to me it seems more like a placeholder when the VIN populates on the Dealer's website. It is actually meant to discourage others from calling or coming in to ask about it so the sales people don't have to deal with a bunch of unnecessary people.
bullsh*t - I have seen plenty of dealers list that a unit is Not For Sale or a Manniquen unit on their placholders. No reason to put a high price other than to sell it at a reward. Did you call these dealers before assuming your comment?

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yep- I don’t even remember this thread anymore. It’s like some hunt through threads until they can spout something about one. But hey- knock yourself out if you feel better. 🤷‍♂️
My guess is it’s a sales person from the dealer that started this thread finding this post months later and now defending their crazy mark up.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a local used car dealer that is selling a base Sasquatch with 11k miles for $52k

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's because when you scroll down to the end of the page, there's a list of "like threads", that are often older. People click on that without looking at the time stamp. If the "like threads" were removed, I guessing a lot less threads would be brought back from the dead.
Sponsored