Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes we know how the market works. It’s theirs to do what they want. That’s all been discussed. I don’t care what someone is selling, if they are asking nearly double for it- unless it’s some collectible rare item- I find it shady, sketchy, abhorrent, etc. And guess what? When people see this in the market, many are going to say “that’s f’ing insane and I will never do business with them.” That’s also how the market works. Is there an idiot out there who may buy it? Sure. But there are probably a lot more people who thought that price is total BS and will never consider them in future purchases. The market goes both ways. So I guess the dealer can decide they're going to railroad one stupid buyer at the expense of more possible future customers. It’s a free (somewhat) country. They can charge ridiculous prices and I can call them out on it.
Blame Ford. They're the ones doing nothing about outrageous ADM's and rewarding dealers that play games with customer orders. Makes you wonder how many "abandoned" orders were forced abandonments. Given the industry, bet it's plenty. And about that name match thing conveniently dropping to 60 percent with no announcement :unsure:

Meanwhile, they purposefully squeezed some of the good guys because they called plays based on the rules of the game.

Let's Go Ford!
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But ya'll, their slogan is Friendly, Fast, Fair..

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the dealer in Charlotte who’s no haggle easy pricing simply means $20k minimum mark up!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These still crack me up. If you had, say, a guitar that was in short supply. Perhaps a PRS, and you sold it for $10,000. It's a $4,500 guitar. You listed it at $10,000 and someone gladly paid you $10,000. Where is the issue? It's a mutual agreement from both parties. You wouldnt say "You know what. I know I can get 10K for this and paid $4,500, but Im going to sell it to you for 3800 bucks because I am super fair person and you deserve it." No.

Say the market was flooded with this same guitar and no one wanted them. You paid $4,500 for it. But listed it for 800 bucks to sell it. The market is the market. You can lose out just as easily as you can gain.

Unless they are selling a Bronco they promised to someone else at MSRP, this is just how it works.

Would anyone sell their house at a premium because the housing market is so good right now? Everyone would. Not like "Yeah. I know I can get 500K and you are willing to buy it for 500K but just give me 300 for it because the builder suggested that I may be able to sell it for that" MSRP. Whats the S in MSRP?
Let’s say you are PRS and you have a very limited guitar for $4,500. You took 100K timestamped preorders but due to pickup part shortages you’ve only been able to make 8,000 so far. But before you even made any of the initial 100K you gave 5,000 away to celebrities and influencers. So you find yourself in this conundrum so you decide to start making stripped down versions with lesser pickups and selling those to people who decided last week they might want one too. So now you’ve got all these angry preorder customers waiting for a guitar getting jumped by people who chose the lesser pickups. So you decide that the best way to fix this is to tell your distributors they’re now 5K more. So they call all their customers and inform them the guitar is now 10K because the market calls for it! “it’s 5K more or it goes on eBay that’s just the market you sucker!! Hahahaha!” Otherwise we sell it to the highest bidder!

Do you see how stupid that sounds? Me too. If a dealer had a soul he would not rip people off and sell the vehicles to those who ordered them at the agreed upon price. He also might think, “this customer didn’t want this, maybe I can sell it to another waiting customer,” and he calls his reservation list.

Call me old fashioned but jacking things up because you CAN just makes you an asshole. Regardless of if some idiot will pay it.

Last edited:

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
greed .........

Sponsored

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting for the guy defending a dealer in another thread for charging $115k for a Badlands to come in here and explain how these prices are A ok……..
Tag him here. Let the entertainment begin! Going to get popcorn now!

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The red one should be their mannequin. The owners (Todd and Becky) drive it exclusively. If you want to see it, you have to call the dealership to make sure it's there. However, don't call or come down on Fridays as Todd drives it to the auto auction. This is what I was told when I wanted to look at it and test drive it (the dealership is about 20 miles from my house). I've also posted a couple of horror stories about trying to work with this dealer.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The red one should be their mannequin. The owners (Todd and Becky) drive it exclusively. If you want to see it, you have to call the dealership to make sure it's there. However, don't call or come down on Fridays as Todd drives it to the auto auction. This is what I was told when I wanted to look at it and test drive it (the dealership is about 20 miles from my house). I've also posted a couple of horror stories about trying to work with this dealer.
Well that certainly explains a lot!

Sponsored

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slime

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://www.toddjudyfordofcharlesto...ig+Bend+4+Door+Advanced+4x4-1FMDE5DH1MLA89061

Another dealer marked off my list forever. $90k for a $48k Big Bend? Crack is whack. I understand adding ADM in this market, but this is ludicrous. I cannot wait for the production to catch up and leave these dealers fighting to sell below sticker.
I saw a Wildtrak sell for $114,000 at Mecum. Same auction they had a 392 starting at $80,000 not one bid. That was the second 392 I saw at auction with no bids.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.toddjudyfordofcharlesto...ig+Bend+4+Door+Advanced+4x4-1FMDE5DH1MLA89061

Another dealer marked off my list forever. $90k for a $48k Big Bend? Crack is whack. I understand adding ADM in this market, but this is ludicrous. I cannot wait for the production to catch up and leave these dealers fighting to sell below sticker.
I use posts like this to spend my evenings finding my inner 12 YO. I go to these dealer sites and getting the sales person to confirm stupid stuff like: "Does this Bronco have all the Bronco Bolts in the front bumper? - can you please go back out and confirm how many there are?, or is the bottle opener installed, I heard they stopped putting those in the Bronco because too many people were drunk driving can you please go look to see if this one has it installed - its adds value if its there. I have a list - but for these A-holes doing this, will have to do a little work for 63% markup :)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was interested in OPs listing until I saw it was 4 cylinder so I guess I'll keep my loaded Badlands at $52k.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Green means customer order. Blue is a mannequin or dealer stock.
Not so fast. The entirety of 10/25 build week group have blue window stickers. Ford seems to have changed their stickers to appease dealers in arguing for ADM as it no longer shows ‘special orders’.
Sponsored