First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have stuck with the Badlands since I could not get in on the First Edition. Also, since the MV seats are only available in either the Badlands or Black Diamond pretty much has limited my model selection.

Here are my reasons:

1. Black Diamond has MV grey/black seats and Badlands are black. I figure I would roast less. Where are all grey MV seats Ford?
2. Black Diamond does not have the swaybar disconnect; I like to keep my suspension simple stupid. I feel there will be something better after market.

Cons:
1. I wanted the 12" LED screen and will have to settle with the smaller screen

On a separate note and some may not agree I think the Black Diamond stock wheels are the best across all Bronco wheel options. I will be going Sasquatch so I will be forced to go aftermarket.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have stuck with the Badlands since I could not get in on the First Edition. Also, since the MV seats are only available in either the Badlands or Black Diamond pretty much has limited my model selection.

Here are my reasons:

1. Black Diamond has MV grey/black seats and Badlands are black. I figure I would roast less. Where are all grey MV seats Ford?
2. Black Diamond does not have the swaybar disconnect; I like to keep my suspension simple stupid. I feel there will be something better after market.

Cons:

On a separate note and some may not agree I think the Black Diamond stock wheels are the best across all Bronco wheel options. I will be going Sasquatch so I will be forced to go aftermarket.
Suppose you're going with A51 too, like everyone else!? :oops:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are my reasons:

Cons:

What do you see as the advantage of the 12"screen?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hard core Badlands...but am kind of leaning toward Black Diamond/Squatch now. It’s a really good deal. Thanks be thing that turned me though is the grill has grown on me and I like it better than the Badlands.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bigger is better
That's what she said.

And while I can't disagree.... Lol.... I'm not figuring to watch movies or work on spreadsheets.....

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are my reasons:

Cons:

Black steelies, I have to say negative on those.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigger is better
Bigger also puts out a whole lot more light when it is dark. My 7" screen is too bright for me at night, I can't imagine the light the 12" puts out.

MikeLank20

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT, Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigger also puts out a whole lot more light when it is dark. My 7" screen is too bright for me at night, I can't imagine the light the 12" puts out.
Both my cars have a dimmer that controls the dome lights/dash brightness, i just set it and leave it. I assume this will have something similar.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both my cars have a dimmer that controls the dome lights/dash brightness, i just set it and leave it. I assume this will have something similar.
Or night mode. Our rav4 does.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most screen are smart enough to change to a black background at night and reduce brightness. A bigger screen makes the nav and off-road maps easier to see. And may allow more customizable screen options to fit more info on it.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you see as the advantage of the 12"screen?
Better cabin illumination?

On topic:
I was leaning BD but after building it out I am pretty positive I'm going Badlands.

33" tires just make more sense for Florida - doubly so when I saw you can upgrade the gear to 4:7 according to B&P with the Auto (and V6, natch).

BD w/Sasquatch was my second choice but I am leaning away from Squatch and I feel the BD should be VB - a color I fear will be too popular given it is the only non-boring option for the Base.

I'm going Standard electronics as the upgrades are too expensive for what you get (that I want).

1500 for back seat jacks? I dont need beeping and lights on the floor, thank you and I don't mind moving my rearview mirror with my hand if it is too bright outside.

Honestly the standard is basically what I have in my 2011 F150 and that works wonderfully (sans the original Sync, which is worthless now).

My wife has the equivalent of the high package in her 2017 Fusion. It is more distracting than beneficial in my estimation.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And may allow more customizable screen options to fit more info on it.
MORE info onto the screen?!?!

I can't see that as a benefit for the driver.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hard core Badlands...but am kind of leaning toward Black Diamond/Squatch now. It’s a really good deal. Thanks be thing that turned me though is the grill has grown on me and I like it better than the Badlands.
This I do agree with. BD grille is nice. I'm curious to see one live (or at least good video driving around).

Rear lights I am iffy on. The full red isn't bad but the side view isn't as appealing.
Sponsored