First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will buy what I want when I want or when Ford decides in 6 years they can produce it.
Sponsored

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero comfort

I switched from MIC to soft top back in April because I liked the ease of a soft top after seeing it in person, AND I wanted to wait for the white hard top rumored in '23. But Ford was still showing MIC a month later. I asked my dealer and he assured me the change was made and that Ford's system just wasn't updated. Then in July he told me I was "SO lucky!" because I was getting a MIC before anybody else. I didn't share his viewpoint at the time and three delays later, I'm still in a coin-flip situation as to what will actually show up . . . and when.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather have no Bronco than a more door.

thumb_to-danawnawnaw-hell-naw-to-da-naw-naw-naw-48948716.png
Ford Bronco Comfort level changing your Build based on the recent news 1628897629076

Nah 2 door> more door but I’m still getting a more door because that more door Sasquatch is bad ass and I want a soft top. Plus I can drive the wife’s 2 door lol.

OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are making the assumption that the motor company will be able to deliver on their promise of ManSquatch.

I would opine that right there is a "risk to your delivery". 🤷

You might have more faith however.
NO, I agree, I wanted ManSquatch from the begging but it wasn't available. I am not confident in anything FORD right now.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2 res badlands 2 door and have not and will not flinch.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Commodity Constraints are going to change a LOT while they are still taking delivery of parts and no manufacturing is going on.
I wish more people understood that even pre-covid, those monthly reports that make their way around here with "constraints" listed, they existed then also.
I see too many people trying to game the system by changing their builds, but they are shooting at a moving target using expired coordinates.
Ford has an official list of what will cause serious delays on your build, like Saquatch or LUX, etc etc, anything beyond that, like those reports are just really small parts of a much larger picture.

Furthermore, I'm betting the official list of Sins gets changed several times by early 22.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Given the news that we are now looking at MY '22 vehicles and being given the opportunity to change our builds, what's the plan?

Are you comfortable reconfiguring your build, maybe going SASQ MT, upgrading to LUX, adding Tow, Push Bar, or even going with one of the new colors. Is there any risk to your delivery time?

They are saying that the Reservation number matters but does it really? And will it matter if you start changing things?
I’m really interested to see what “special editions” they have for 2022. Will they keep First Edition and allow current reservation holders the opportunity to switch to it? Or will they only have the heritage edition for 2022? Either way, I hope Ford allows any color to be applied to it. My color choice was not an option for FE and would love to see that change.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been stuck in a '23 since the last round of news (MOD top), but I don't plan on changing anything major.....may wind up having to change from VB if it's dropped in '22, but plan on getting whatever equivalent blue is offered......I actually do like the color of that green gas can, but I just like blue too much long term.

I do plan on adding the roof rack to my order when I can (wasn't available with sas on 4 door).

I'm hoping A/C seats may appear by '23 haha. I unfortunately don't see a refresh/hybrid appearing by then, though. I'd say '24 is more likely for that after Ranger.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m really interested to see what “special editions” they have for 2022. Will they keep First Edition and allow current reservation holders the opportunity to switch to it? Or will they only have the heritage edition for 2022? Either way, I hope Ford allows any color to be applied to it. My color choice was not an option for FE and would love to see that change.
FE is going away regardless.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy with my build. Happy with the color which will more likely than not be dropped....

Sponsored
OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard that in Sept when ordering opens for MY '22 they are going to start taking reservations for 3,500 Special Editions, no wait 7,000 Special Editions. But only if you order during the first hour(s) before and then for some undisclosed time after the order system crashes. But ultimately they will be sold to whoever pays the dealership the most money. Got it?

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero comfort

I switched from MIC to soft top back in April because I liked the ease of a soft top after seeing it in person, AND I wanted to wait for the white hard top rumored in '23. But Ford was still showing MIC a month later. I asked my dealer and he assured me the change was made and that Ford's system just wasn't updated. Then in July he told me I was "SO lucky!" because I was getting a MIC before anybody else. I didn't share his viewpoint at the time and three delays later, I'm still in a coin-flip situation as to what will actually show up . . . and when.
Im getting a soft top, and dont want it! Id meet you half way and swap......?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Am I happy with my build? Eh, it's a compromise, as all things are.

I picked the color I hate the least. If it goes away, I will pick whichever color is left that I hate the least. If they drop the 7MT from the Base, or put a huge price increase on it, then I'll tap out and buy a Mustang. Twister Orange is looking better and better.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The original plan is the Badlands. My wife was anti-Sasquatch.

After the Off-Roadeo, she was less anti-Sasquatch. Driving a BaseSquatch was fun and affordable. I still want the MGV interior, though, so I will reconsider everything.

One plus side at being shoved into MY2022 is the secondary market will have some access to Broncos and start making some stuff to allow me to consider some options.

Color is a real possibility of being changed. I'm paying a premium for the Cyber-Orange so I am curious if they have some non-grey tones that are cheaper.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short of some crazy earth shattering options that Fords kept under wraps…only thing on the fence is the vehicle color. I want to see the official announcement for whatever name green is coming out before I move on from VB.

I wouldn’t mind a fastback option for my 2-dr, but no way I’m switching to a 4 dr.
Sponsored