Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you ever needed a reason to visit Ouray....here you go! Would you go on that cliff at the end???
Coming Down Imogene

Sponsored

Last edited:

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!!! I'm leaving to head there on the 8th of July. Can't wait to explore the area. Any news on openings of other trails? I read that imogene isn't open all the way to telluride.

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!!! I'm leaving to head there on the 8th of July. Can't wait to explore the area. Any news on openings of other trails? I read that imogene isn't open all the way to telluride.
Imogene is closed on the Telluride side for another week I believe. They are replacing the bridge at the bottom. But everything else is open. They just opened Poughkeepsie Gulch and Black Bear opens tomorrow. Everything else is open and beautiful as always!

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DAMN, I don't think my brain/body would even allow me to walk/crawl onto that ledge and look over the edge 😂

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imogene is closed on the Telluride side for another week I believe. They are replacing the bridge at the bottom. But everything else is open. They just opened Poughkeepsie Gulch and Black Bear opens tomorrow. Everything else is open and beautiful as always!
Man thank you best news I've heard today!!!!!

I'm so stokked to come out and see the area. My dad has had a lifelong dream to cross blackbear pass and we are going to be able to in his Jeep and my Bronco.

Any other trails that are must see's in the area. Our current wish list is

Black Bear
Imogene
poughkeepsie
Yankee Boy Basin
Governor Basin

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing! I did it in 2017 in a rental 4runner. One of my best adventures. I wanted to come out west this summer with my Bronco and do it again but with the cost of fuel and everything else doing a regional road trip instead.

Looks great and glad you posted the video!

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man thank you best news I've heard today!!!!!

I'm so stokked to come out and see the area. My dad has had a lifelong dream to cross blackbear pass and we are going to be able to in his Jeep and my Bronco.

Any other trails that are must see's in the area. Our current wish list is

Black Bear
Imogene
Poughkeepsie
Yankee Boy Basin
Governor Basin
That's a great list! Here's what I recommend (depending how long you'll be there for):

- Take Ophir into Telluride, grab some lunch and take the free gondola ride to the top of the mountain for some views, then take Imogene back into Ouray.
- Go up Yankee Boy and as you come back down go into Governors Basin
- Go to Poughkeepsie Gulch via 550 (Million Dollar Hwy) to 18 (Alpine Loop), then chillax at the lake after the Gulch, go up then take California Pass to the Frisco Mill at Bagley Tunnel (amazing old mining structure you can walk around in) then head over to Animas Forks (old mining museum town you can go into the houses, free), then head up to Engineer Pass for killer views. From there if you have time keep going to Silverton or you can head back down the way you came and get back into Ouray via 17, which turns into 18 back to 550.
- Take Black Bear down into Telluride then take Ophir back into Ouray. The trail turn assist works nice going down Black Bear

I hope that helps with some ideas!

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm headed to Ouray at the end of July with some vets/LEO. They're all in Jeeps, I'm the only Bronco. Imogene is one of the trails we're scheduled to do.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a great list! Here's what I recommend (depending how long you'll be there for):
- Take Ophir into Telluride, grab some lunch and take the free gondola ride to the top of the mountain for some views, then take Imogene back into Ouray.
- Go up Yankee Boy and as you come back down go into Governors Basin
- Go to Poughkeepsie Gulch via 550 (Million Dollar Hwy) to 18 (Alpine Loop), then chillax at the lake after the Gulch, go up then take California Pass to the Frisco Mill at Bagley Tunnel (amazing old mining structure you can walk around in) then head over to Animas Forks (old mining museum town you can go into the houses, free), then head up to Engineer Pass for killer views. From there if you have time keep going to Silverton or you can head back down the way you came and get back into Ouray via 17, which turns into 18 back to 550.
- Take Black Bear down into Telluride then take Ophir back into Ouray. The trail turn assist works nice going down Black Bear

I hope that helps with some ideas!
Looks like they're scheduling us to hit a couple of those

Jul 21: Trail Day (Engineer/Corkscrew)
Jul 22: Trail Day (Imogene/Ophir)
Jul 23: Trail Day (Black Bear*)

I'm excited to take the Bronco out amongst a group of Jeeps, more than a few are built up pretty good.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very nice! I love the San Juans!!!!!
The San Jaun mountains are at the top of my bucket list and the ultimate trip future trip for my Bronco.

When I'll be able to get down there all the way from AK though...who knows. I'm so jealous of everyone who can reasonably road trip to that area.

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they're scheduling us to hit a couple of those

Jul 21: Trail Day (Engineer/Corkscrew)
Jul 22: Trail Day (Imogene/Ophir)
Jul 23: Trail Day (Black Bear*)

I'm excited to take the Bronco out amongst a group of Jeeps, more than a few are built up pretty good.
You'll have a blast and those Jeep guys will look upon you with envy.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent video.

San Juan's are the only thing that would get me to move back to Colorado.

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video.. did Imogene 4 years ago on a RZR and loved it.. gorgeous views.. our trip wasnt as sunny as that video tho.. Miss living closer to there and MOAB.. ARkansas has some beauty.. but doesnt compare to all that.
Sponsored