OJ Simpson

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So does that mean in the Fall of 2019? Or does that mean that production starts in late spring of 2020?
Sponsored

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe it is slated as a 2020 model year, so it could be as early as fall 2019 or as late as spring 2020 depending on how development goes. There is still a lot to do in the next 2.5 years, and a lot could go wrong, but hopefully most of the "kinks" will be worked out with the ranger before hand.

Bronco Logic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 King Ranch, 96 White Sport, 76 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm thinking more like 2021. As in late 2020 build dates but sold as 2021 models. I hope not, but I've read a few articles that seemed to be stuck on a 2021 model year.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So does that mean in the Fall of 2019? Or does that mean that production starts in late spring of 2020?
My guess is that it will follow the pattern set by the Ranger. We'll see a auto show debut of the Bronco this spring 2019, maybe even January at Detroit, tooling etc with some demo units show up late 2019 (2020 model year); probably fourth quarter with some pre-ordering possible and demo unit driving at auto shows etc.; and full time production and deliver in first quarter 2020.

I hope it doesn't take any longer than that, I honestly don't think my car will survive that long before it explodes. I've started crunching numbers, and have determined I'd be better off buying a disposable car than trying to lease a 4Runner/Ranger/Wrnagler etc. for a year, if my current vehicle does meet an untimely demise.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that it will follow the pattern set by the Ranger. We'll see a auto show debut of the Bronco this spring 2019, maybe even January at Detroit, tooling etc with some demo units show up late 2019 (2020 model year); probably fourth quarter with some pre-ordering possible and demo unit driving at auto shows etc.; and full time production and deliver in first quarter 2020.

I hope it doesn't take any longer than that, I honestly don't think my car will survive that long before it explodes. I've started crunching numbers, and have determined I'd be better off buying a disposable car than trying to lease a 4Runner/Ranger/Wrnagler etc. for a year, if my current vehicle does meet an untimely demise.

I thought I had seen here several times where they (some Ford press releases, as I recall) referred to the Bronco as a 2020/21 model. This was some time after this whole 6g mess started rolling here (and it had been called a 2020 model from the start). Plus, since day 1 here, "they" have figured up to 2 years from Ranger launch to Bronco launch. At one point, some official statement really caught my attention that led me to believe that it's "2020" release date has been pushed back to the point it would be a 21 model. I wish I could recall exactly what it was, but it was an indirect comment that stuck out to me, like a hint. So, it wouldn't surprise me if it came out for sale some time into 2020 as a 2021 model, or later as an official 21 (fall 20) launch.

As far as replacement cars, you're on the right track. Like you, my daily beater was close to terminal. I was probably (literally) days from dropping BIG coin on a brand new, totally topped out Subaru Outback , Touring Edition, when this relatively unknown Bronco6G website dumped some incredible "concept drawings" all over the internet. My facebook page lit the fudge up with all my friends and co-workers sharing them to me. So, after doing some research into it, I gambled that it was for real this time, so I waited..... and one day a mid-level used Outback hit the market at a FANTASTIC price , so I jumped, explaining to the wife that this was a temporary purchase to get me by until 2020-ish. She's on board with the idea, not that she really had a choice in this, lol!!!

The lesson, be patient but watch the market like a hawk. Buy because the deal is phenomenal, not because you're in a bind. They'll have you over a barrel at that point. Not a good bargaining position.
I didn't just get lucky, I was prepared and jumped immediately when the opportunity presented itself.

off soap box. lol

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I had seen here several times where they (some Ford press releases, as I recall) referred to the Bronco as a 2020/21 model. This was some time after this whole 6g mess started rolling here (and it had been called a 2020 model from the start). Plus, since day 1 here, "they" have figured up to 2 years from Ranger launch to Bronco launch. At one point, some official statement really caught my attention that led me to believe that it's "2020" release date has been pushed back to the point it would be a 21 model. I wish I could recall exactly what it was, but it was an indirect comment that stuck out to me, like a hint. So, it wouldn't surprise me if it came out for sale some time into 2020 as a 2021 model, or later as an official 21 (fall 20) launch.
The more I see about the upcoming Ford vehicles, post sedan-pocalypse, the more I think the Ranger is just practice for the Bronco. The level of effort given to the Ranger for the North American market seems quite minimal, which makes me puzzle about the possibility that the vehicles sharing the T6 platform were given some shared development budget and somewhere along the decision making line the lions share of it went to the Bronco -- which will presumably need more R&D and design etc. anyway, but also opens a more significant market for Ford than another pickup which is literally only a few inches smaller than the F150 (just check out a picture of them side by side).

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

When I read that "IN" I'm really hoping for sooner rather than later. By the time Rangers are delivered I think we'll have a much better idea of when the Bronco will follow. Despite knowing more about the baby/Maverick/Puma than we do the Bronco, it seems hard to think they would release it before the model that is truly meant to follow in their namesakes tread.
Sponsored