First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright, I'll have you know that I had to set down my margarita just to take these. It was touch and go for a second there.

PXL_20220515_020125824.MP.jpg

PXL_20220515_020112561.MP.jpg
This is awesome. Do you (or does anyone) have a write up for this? I’ve seen the glove box install instructions, and this looks easier, but I’d love to know which panels/pieces I’d have to take off to access what I need.

Thanks!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is awesome. Do you (or does anyone) have a write up for this? I’ve seen the glove box install instructions, and this looks easier, but I’d love to know which panels/pieces I’d have to take off to access what I need.

Thanks!
I don't have a fancy write-up, unfortunately, but here's the tl;dr:

1. remove the short panel underneath the heater controls (comes off super easy with a trim tool)
2. use a trim tool to pry open the panel underneath the steering column (7-8 clips in total). Work it slow and it pops right off and swings downward.
3. remove the screws on the side of the temp control panel
4. working from the top center and outward, use a trim tool to remove the temp control panel. Try to loosen the top portion first. If you unclip the side portions first, the upper housing will bind against the dash under the screen and it gets super effin' hard to remove.
5. install however you need to, it's tight, but there's still plenty of room to work and thread things through

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1. remove the short panel underneath the heater controls (comes off super easy with a trim tool)
2. use a trim tool to pry open the panel underneath the steering column (7-8 clips in total). Work it slow and it pops right off and swings downward.
4. working from the top center and outward, use a trim tool to remove the temp control panel. Try to loosen the top portion first. If you unclip the side portions first, the upper housing will bind against the dash under the screen and it gets super effin' hard to remove.
5. install however you need to, it's tight, but there's still plenty of room to work and thread things through
Thank you!

Sponsored

TBroncski

Outer Banks
First Name
Tybor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered! what a great solution.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any plans on making it work with the MXT575? It's much bigger. I'm in Eastern NC...
Waiting to hear back from a customer. The 575 will fit with the bracket above the glove box. It may scrub the top if the glove box. Should know within the next couple days.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting to hear back from a customer. The 575 will fit with the bracket above the glove box. It may scrub the top if the glove box. Should know within the next couple days.
I hope it works! 🤞

then I could put an FTM-400 under the steering column hopefully

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks for this! doing the install next week and heard about #4 but not how to do it.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After watching everyone get creative with mounting the Kicker Key 200.4 up above the glovebox, it seemed like a need to be filled. Thanks to my friends at @Mountains2Metal , it is becoming a reality. Thanks for letting me be the Guinea pig guys, install video coming soon.

6B9870D5-BF34-490D-92BC-DAA3E14DAC15.jpeg

04567548-3833-42D4-BDEA-7FCE01B68C5A.jpeg
That's cool.... WTF is it? Lol