First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A week ago, I had no idea I would own another Bronco. I owned a 1980 and a 1992 from 1979 to 2003. I migrated to F-150s waiting for a possible return, but not one to play Ford's game of portals and reservations and year long waits, I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the world to return to some sense of normalcy. I get a text from a long-time friend that is fleet manager at the local dealership offering me a 2023 Wildtrak he ordered for a customer that bailed on him after his patience grew then and bought a Hennesey version. But it's black, I thought. I told him I was going to go by and drive it, because I've never even ridden in one, much less sat in one. He was leaving mid afternoon and I had to bail on him when I realized I couldn't get out there in time and told him I'd go by in the morning. He told me no one knew this was now an available, saleable Bronco and he probably could keep it under wraps until I got out there. I headed to the Auto Spa for a wash the next morning, just in case the discussion turned serious. It did and their trade value was quite bit more than what I looked up the previous evening. I asked if I could drive it home to see if it would cause a divorce, and he told me to keep it overnight. He said no one could sell it if it wasn't there and that my test ride had already gotten too much attention. He told me to let him know in the next 24 hours if I wanted it or not and after putting some more miles on it, it was an easy decision. I went through the build and price app on Ford's website and I couldn't find any boxes the guy that ordered this didn't check. So don't hate me if this fell into my lap and I didn't have to go through the whole insane order process.

Without further ado.
Ford Bronco Comment ça va? Bronco

I've made a few searches on making my Bronco a little more personal and kept getting directed here, so I figured I'd sign up so I can ask dumb questions too.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, I'm sure there won't be any hate for someone who got exactly what Ford is telling people that have been waiting for years, they can not have. Whoever backed out of that is crazy because it's gorgeous, congrats!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when is the divorce finalized? Just kidding. Well done.

OP
OP

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So when is the divorce finalized? Just kidding. Well done.
The "ask for forgiveness" routine doesn't work very well with my bride of 45 years, and I'm too old to live in the doghouse for a few months. She was actually fine with it. She was terrified to drive my truck, and this not so much.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lucky you! Gorgeous!!

Congrats...have fun with the mods...they will cost you a pretty penny...or a few nights in the doghouse, afterall!

Let the addiction begin!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black. In Looziana? Are you outta your mind, chile? Been there, and yep, it's hot.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

OP
OP

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lucky you! Gorgeous!!

Congrats...have fun with the mods...they will cost you a pretty penny...or a few nights in the doghouse, afterall!

Let the addiction begin!
Nah, she's used to carrier deliveries. First mod arrived last night.... the Autostop Eliminator. I hate this feature.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah, she's used to carrier deliveries. First mod arrived last night.... the Autostop Eliminator. I hate this feature.
That was the first one I bought, too. Works great.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A week ago, I had no idea I would own another Bronco. I owned a 1980 and a 1992 from 1979 to 2003. I migrated to F-150s waiting for a possible return, but not one to play Ford's game of portals and reservations and year long waits, I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the world to return to some sense of normalcy. I get a text from a long-time friend that is fleet manager at the local dealership offering me a 2023 Wildtrak he ordered for a customer that bailed on him after his patience grew then and bought a Hennesey version. But it's black, I thought. I told him I was going to go by and drive it, because I've never even ridden in one, much less sat in one. He was leaving mid afternoon and I had to bail on him when I realized I couldn't get out there in time and told him I'd go by in the morning. He told me no one knew this was now an available, saleable Bronco and he probably could keep it under wraps until I got out there. I headed to the Auto Spa for a wash the next morning, just in case the discussion turned serious. It did and their trade value was quite bit more than what I looked up the previous evening. I asked if I could drive it home to see if it would cause a divorce, and he told me to keep it overnight. He said no one could sell it if it wasn't there and that my test ride had already gotten too much attention. He told me to let him know in the next 24 hours if I wanted it or not and after putting some more miles on it, it was an easy decision. I went through the build and price app on Ford's website and I couldn't find any boxes the guy that ordered this didn't check. So don't hate me if this fell into my lap and I didn't have to go through the whole insane order process.

Without further ado.
Ford Bronco Comment ça va? Bronco

I've made a few searches on making my Bronco a little more personal and kept getting directed here, so I figured I'd sign up so I can ask dumb questions too.
Congratulations!! A beauty!
Sponsored