First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got our commodity list for the wholesale we're doing now, and Bronco is on it. I can't post it as I can understand Ford not wanting competitors to have it, but I can say its not as bad as I had thought.

The commodities that were mentioned before are all there, but the build % are higher than I was afraid they might be. For example, 2.7L is a commoditiy, but its not far from the estimates of build orders I've seen in articles online. I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example. Sasquatch I still think will be a bottleneck, I think it will be very noticeable, but I had previously worried it might be darn near impossible (think R model Shelby) and I don't think that will be the case. 2 door is also lower than the estimated orders, but it's not far from it, so yes its a commodity that will delay some orders but shouldn't keep backing up further and further.

So yes commodities are still going to be a problem, but it doesn't look catastrophic like I'd imagined. I could still be proven wrong, but I think biggest issues will be Sasquatch, then MIC top, then Trailer tow. (no numbers on Lux or other packages, so not sure on that).
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Ford gives you a breakdown of all the ordered items and then an estimated QTY of "on hand" parts? Maybe "on hand" is the wrong phrase but the idea still holds. If the numbers are "too close" to each other (or if the ordered # is higher) then it becomes a possible commodity issue?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got our commodity list for the wholesale we're doing now, and Bronco is on it. I can't post it as I can understand Ford not wanting competitors to have it, but I can say its not as bad as I had thought.

The commodities that were mentioned before are all there, but the build % are higher than I was afraid they might be. For example, 2.7L is a commoditiy, but its not far from the estimates of build orders I've seen in articles online. I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example. Sasquatch I still think will be a bottleneck, I think it will be very noticeable, but I had previously worried it might be darn near impossible (think R model Shelby) and I don't think that will be the case. 2 door is also lower than the estimated orders, but it's not far from it, so yes its a commodity that will delay some orders but shouldn't keep backing up further and further.

So yes commodities are still going to be a problem, but it doesn't look catastrophic like I'd imagined. I could still be proven wrong, but I think biggest issues will be Sasquatch, then MIC top, then Trailer tow. (no numbers on Lux or other packages, so not sure on that).
Thanks for sharing! Does the BL model non SQ still qualify as commodity restricted? It's not SQ, but shares several of the components it seems? My dealer is super responsive, but only have 17 orders, so it's not always the first thing they look at from Ford :)

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe that Ford uses a Just in Time ordering process and penalizes suppliers who miss. Heavily.

Tow package? Huh? That could be installed at the dealer. Surely that can't hold up anything!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my slightly biased opinion, they should just get all the 2 doors w/MIC tops done and out of the way, since the numbers are less than estimated.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ford gives you a breakdown of all the ordered items and then an estimated QTY of "on hand" parts? Maybe "on hand" is the wrong phrase but the idea still holds. If the numbers are "too close" to each other (or if the ordered # is higher) then it becomes a possible commodity issue?
When we commit to allocation we get an estimate of what they can build. This is usually national numbers and can vary to by dealer, but gives us an idea of what % of orders can have that option before you commit to taking the units.

As example (just fake options and build rates)
Option A 30-37% national, willl vary by dealer
Package B 15-20% National, will vary by dealer
Engine A 60-70% national, will vary by dealer
Option B 45-50% national, will vary by dealer.

Thanks for sharing! Does the BL model non SQ still qualify as commodity restricted? It's not SQ, but shares several of the components it seems? My dealer is super responsive, but only have 17 orders, so it's not always the first thing they look at from Ford :)
Badlands is on the list for both locking front axle, modular bumper, full time 4x4, so yes, it still has commodities that can be an issue. Heck some weeks we might even see specific colors be limited, so anything can be, the issue is when those commodities are double digits of demand higher than production is when it becomes more of a longer term delay.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example.
Thanks for some God news.

But how can MIC be a problem....its virtually the Only stinkin' top available?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You answered your own question. :ROFLMAO:
That's the exact same thing as saying "Bronco" is a constrained commodity.

Ford should just say...."you know, this is a really shitty time to be buying a vehicle....have you totally thought this through?"

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally loved the 2.7L in my F150 but went for the 2.3L for the basic idea that it might arrive a month or two earlier. Maybe as we enter April we will realize that the 2.7L is not quite as limited as we (at least I) anticipated.
Sponsored