Sponsored

Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Folks,

Just circling back to share what I ended up doing.

1. RC 2.5 lift kit
  2. RC adjustable track bar
  3. BFG KM3 - 37x12.5x17
  4. Vorsteiner - VR601BL - Tungsten Graphite
Overall, ride quality is the same in my opinion. Tires do not rub at all and have not noticed a difference in mileage.

Appreciate everybody's insight and opinions.

Here's a couple of pics.

1679862226273.png

1679862309652.png
Looks great! The wheels are +0 right? I was considering the graphite or bronze against my CG. Weight is decent too @ 27.6 lbs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riley DC

Riley DC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco and Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to thei
Looks great! The wheels are +0 right? I was considering the graphite or bronze against my CG. Weight is decent too @ 27.6 lbs.
thank you and yes they are +0 offset. I think either color would look good. I considered the bronze, but the wife wasn’t a fan. 😂

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only real area I felt any issue was mpg and that was a brutal hit. Thankfully I drive 5 miles to work with mine on 38s, mpg went from about a legitimate 17-19 city hwy to 12.5-15.
Did you forscan to change tire size? Are you just going off the built in gauge for MPG?

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, adjusted with forscan and checked with GPS

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to thei

thank you and yes they are +0 offset. I think either color would look good. I considered the bronze, but the wife wasn’t a fan. 😂
Have you noticed a significant loss in mpg's?

Sponsored

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's what I think is going on with the Hoss 3.0 confustion. I have a 2023 Wildtrac and I'm looking to level it and I have been trying to understand why these Fox struts are different from other struts used in the Sasquatch suspension and why some lifts that aren't supposed to fit are working. I've not completely vetted this out, but I think this is what is going on.

Right after I got my WT, I looked at leveling kits. I didn't want much, just an inch, and I bought Rough Country's 1" leveling kit. Before I tackled this install, I keep seeing issues where lift manufacturer's started excluding the WT from fitments, and sure enough RC followed suit. I ordered RPG's 1.5" spring collar to see if that would work and I've poured over several sets of instructions on both installs. Here's what I'm finding. It seems the Fox shocks have a different lower mount than all other Bronco builds. It also seems that the Braptor has the same lower mount as the Fox 3.0, and likely a longer strut. However, the top mount, or at least the bolt hole configuration are the same. So lifts that use only the upper mount are able to be installed.

Here's a typical level kit. It has four top mount spacers, where most have only two. You can stack them, 2 to a side, or use the one on each rear shock. The upper mount bolt patterns to the frame are the same. Many of the level kits also use a spacer on the lower mount. Here is where the confusion comes in. Here's a photo of the RC level I bought. The horse shoe shaped metal go between the lower control arm and the strut. It spaces both ends of the strut to get the lift.
Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? RC level kit

I think it's a better level solution because it splits the geometric problem of adding space to the strut mount.

Here's the two mounting points. This is a standard strut. Orange circle is the upper strut mount. Spacers go between the strut mount and the frame. The red circle is the lower mount. The Fox shock does not have this configuration and until some of these suspension companies can get a Hoss 3.0 in house, they seem to be disclaiming what will work on a Wildtrac.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? Standard strut

This is where a spacer would fit on the upper mount.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? Top spacer

A 2.5" lift has a much thicker spacer.

Here's how the Fox's lower mounting hardware looks like and this is probably a Raptor shock because it's not black and orange.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? Hoss 3 lower strut pic

So quite obviously, the lower control arm will be different on a Hoss 3.0. Here's a standard lower mount that shows the lower spacer from a leveling kit.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? Std strut lower attachment

While I couldn't fit a good pic of the lower control arm for the Hoss 3.0, all I could find is a shop diagram of the lower mounting position that should show where the difference comes in.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? Hoss 3 lower attachment

I'm going to be using the RPG 1.5" spring perch (which actually measures 5/8") and see if it will correct my rake. I plan on using the spacers for the rear upper mount in the even it ends up sitting too high up front. If I were looking for more lift than this. I'd probably use the smaller spring perch along with an upper mount spacer and a spacer lift out back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I think is going on with the Hoss 3.0 confustion. I have a 2023 Wildtrac and I'm looking to level it and I have been trying to understand why these Fox struts are different from other struts used in the Sasquatch suspension and why some lifts that aren't supposed to fit are working. I've not completely vetted this out, but I think this is what is going on.

Right after I got my WT, I looked at leveling kits. I didn't want much, just an inch, and I bought Rough Country's 1" leveling kit. Before I tackled this install, I keep seeing issues where lift manufacturer's started excluding the WT from fitments, and sure enough RC followed suit. I ordered RPG's 1.5" spring collar to see if that would work and I've poured over several sets of instructions on both installs. Here's what I'm finding. It seems the Fox shocks have a different lower mount than all other Bronco builds. It also seems that the Braptor has the same lower mount as the Fox 3.0, and likely a longer strut. However, the top mount, or at least the bolt hole configuration are the same. So lifts that use only the upper mount are able to be installed.

Here's a typical level kit. It has four top mount spacers, where most have only two. You can stack them, 2 to a side, or use the one on each rear shock. The upper mount bolt patterns to the frame are the same. Many of the level kits also use a spacer on the lower mount. Here is where the confusion comes in. Here's a photo of the RC level I bought. The horse shoe shaped metal go between the lower control arm and the strut. It spaces both ends of the strut to get the lift.
RC level kit.jpg

I think it's a better level solution because it splits the geometric problem of adding space to the strut mount.

Here's the two mounting points. This is a standard strut. Orange circle is the upper strut mount. Spacers go between the strut mount and the frame. The red circle is the lower mount. The Fox shock does not have this configuration and until some of these suspension companies can get a Hoss 3.0 in house, they seem to be disclaiming what will work on a Wildtrac.

Standard strut.jpg

This is where a spacer would fit on the upper mount.

Top spacer.jpg

A 2.5" lift has a much thicker spacer.

Here's how the Fox's lower mounting hardware looks like and this is probably a Raptor shock because it's not black and orange.

Hoss 3 lower strut pic.jpg

So quite obviously, the lower control arm will be different on a Hoss 3.0. Here's a standard lower mount that shows the lower spacer from a leveling kit.

Std strut lower attachment.jpg

While I couldn't fit a good pic of the lower control arm for the Hoss 3.0, all I could find is a shop diagram of the lower mounting position that should show where the difference comes in.

Hoss 3 lower attachment.png

I'm going to be using the RPG 1.5" spring perch (which actually measures 5/8") and see if it will correct my rake. I plan on using the spacers for the rear upper mount in the even it ends up sitting too high up front. If I were looking for more lift than this. I'd probably use the smaller spring perch along with an upper mount spacer and a spacer lift out back.
So the reason the RC 2 1/2" lift is working, is that it only has a top mount spacer?? Mine is going on on Tuesday, hoping my mechanic doesn't have any issues. 🤞 Still curious as to why Texas Dan's trans skid needed modification, but Riley did not. 🤔

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The RC 2.5" does come with relocation brackets for the differential. The 2" does not. That's the only reason I can see a difference that would impact a skid plate.. I'm just posting what I can see are obvious differences. I have not had one of these apart yet. I would really be more interested to learn the differences between the Hoss 3.0 and 4.0.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tito has taken a hard hit for some reason.🤔 Usually a lift and bigger tires takes a toll.
I went from 16.0 to 15.9 mpgs on mine over the past 6,000 miles.

9CD5A81E-A1EF-48AA-8CDB-CBD8F9BDFB36.jpeg

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The RC 2.5" does come with relocation brackets for the differential. The 2" does not. That's the only reason I can see a difference that would impact a skid plate.. I'm just posting what I can see are obvious differences. I have not had one of these apart yet. I would really be more interested to learn the differences between the Hoss 3.0 and 4.0.
They both used the 2 1/2" lift, and both used the differential drop bracket. The difference that I see is Texas Dan has a 2 door and Riley a 4 door. Maybe those skids are a bit different.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from 16.0 to 15.9 mpgs on mine over the past 6,000 miles.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 9CD5A81E-A1EF-48AA-8CDB-CBD8F9BDFB36
That is amazing and almost unbelievable with those honkers on there.😳 Looks great by the way!👍
Sponsored