First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was an article about; “wind & tire noise” on the 4door Bronco. Comparing soft top vs MIC with sound insulation.... wish someone could do that test. Is noise comparable to the Jeep soft & hard top? What’s it like at 45, 65 & 80 on the highway. I know the Jeep Wrangler is not as aerodynamic so the Bronco should be much better. Reason I ask is it takes me 1-2 hours to get to the desert, I want to know how loud this beast will be specifically with the SAS package. Can u talk on the phone at highway speeds? This beast still has to function on my daily routine. I’m not looking for a Merc whisper quiet cabin just some guidelines....
Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would anticipate it being comparable to the Jeep JL. There’s only so much that can me done with a modular top/soft top and 35s

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would anticipate it being comparable to the Jeep JL. There’s only so much that can me done with a modular top/soft top and 35s
Decibel readers are quite inexpensive these days, perhaps someone that is driving the 4door Bronco can install the app or buy one and I would be willing to drive a JL and do the same test and compare numbers. Of course tire selection matters including type or road, I’m just thinking highway speeds . Takes 3 hours to Big Bear and 6 to Mammoth and 10 to Tahoe. I ain’t 25 anymore.... insert jokes here I guess.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion, if you're worried about it, then this isn't the vehicle for you...at least not to buy first-year.

I don't know how people can't drive 1-2 hours without talking to anyone let alone on the phone. The meaty hum of 35 inch tires as the sonic backdrop to the chaotic buffeting of the wind while riding in an open air vehicle and the voices in your head are all you need for hours at a time.

Sponsored

EARL99208

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I agree......I believe that the Bronco will be quieter but how much I sadly have no clue.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never owned a Jeep but my buddy in HS did (I think it was a 95) and it was the noisiest POS ever...the soft top flopped around like crazy he only one speaker that worked....so even the music couldn’t block out the wind/road noise. Since riding around in that garage I never could bring myself to purchase a Jeep even when my wife has said she wanted one. Oddly enough he bought another Jeep about a year ago, a hard top this time.

However,I have been told that newer Jeep’s are considerably better because the soft tops have improved over the last few decades.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bestop did a video on youtube about this very thing. Ran decibel tests and temp tests between hardtop and soft tops. Check it out, its a good video. The short of it is.....no real difference between hardtop and soft.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I rented a 2018 JL Wrangler Sahara with a hard top 2 years ago, and drove 4+ hours on the interstate at ~70mph. We were able to carry a normal conversation in the front seats. Granted the Sahara has all-season tires vs. all-terrain tires on the Bronco. I would imagine the sound level would be similar or just a smidget louder.

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In my opinion, if you're worried about it, then this isn't the vehicle for you...at least not to buy first-year.

I don't know how people can't drive 1-2 hours without talking to anyone let alone on the phone. The meaty hum of 35 inch tires as the sonic backdrop to the chaotic buffeting of the wind while riding in an open air vehicle and the voices in your head are all you need for hours at a time.
The voices told me to "like" your post.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Decibel readers are quite inexpensive these days, perhaps someone that is driving the 4door Bronco can install the app or buy one and I would be willing to drive a JL and do the same test and compare numbers. Of course tire selection matters including type or road, I’m just thinking highway speeds . Takes 3 hours to Big Bear and 6 to Mammoth and 10 to Tahoe. I ain’t 25 anymore.... insert jokes here I guess.
If they are that inexpensive to buy and install then the best person to do that would be yourself and then renting a JLU for a weekend or two.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never noticed a difference in the premium soft top vs hard top on my JKU.
The noisiest part by far was the tires. 35” mud terrains are LOUD. Comes right through the floor pan and can drive you nuts. I’m hoping the tires on the Bronco are quieter and the sound insulation is much better.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Is noise comparable to the Jeep soft & hard top? What’s it like at 45, 65 & 80 on the highway. I know the Jeep Wrangler is not as aerodynamic so the Bronco should be much better. Reason I ask is it takes me 1-2 hours to get to the desert, I want to know how loud this beast will be specifically with the SAS package. Can u talk on the phone at highway speeds? ...
I think you're over estimating how noisy they both are. People talk on the phone all the time in Wranglers, so if you're expecting less interference from Bronco it definitely won't be a problem ... unless you're really picky.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I moved to Manitoba I drove the 44 hours from Nova Scotia in my Ranger with my dad. I didn't have 35s on but 32 A/Ts. No AC. Middle of August. Windows down almost the whole way. Even if they are up the old Ranger is loud with wind. He took out his hearing aids. I put in my earplugs. We drove across more than half the country only talking at rest stops and at the daily camp spot. :ROFLMAO:

Can't imagine a Bronco being worse than this. Though it is still one of my best memories.

Tl;dr: I don't give a damn if it's loud. Bring on the Bronco!

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder difference between MIC and Mod. Sound deadening is only with MIC right? Assuming, based on nothing MIC will be louder than mod, but what about MIC with sound deadening vs mod.

I doubt any difference would be enough to change my mind, just curious
Sponsored