Sponsored

Compared to a Defender - some general thoughts and concerns.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and input, I appreciate it all. For all the folks saying good riddance one less person in the bronco line... sorry guys but I'm keeping my reservation even if I wind up getting a Defender, just in case! I have set up a test drive for mid January, I'll let y'all know what I think of it if anyone's curious
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not considering a Defender, but I am maybe thinking a Bronco Sport. I saw a few today. The BS Badlands with Badlands package. Leather seats are amazing. Probably has all the power and off road ability I need and is about 5K less than my current BB build.

Got to crawl around inside a Bronco Sport Base. Seats feel fine to me, plenty of legroom in backseat and plenty of cargo room. Material felt good and craftmanship seemed fine.

I've previously driven a 2018 Escape with the 1.5. I was plenty happy with its performance and gas mileage. I might just go with a Base Sport as I have a basic idea of performance and economy.

But the Bronco Sport, for me, is either Base or Badlands with Badlands package. The middle two trims don't make sense. Either buying for budget or going all-in.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The defender 90 is $54k with the off road stuff only. I’ll wait for a base Sasquatch. I’m not paying $50k for a vehicle to run through the woods in. $36k is already more than i want to spend, lol.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The defender 90 is $54k with the off road stuff only. I’ll wait for a base Sasquatch. I’m not paying $50k for a vehicle to run through the woods in. $36k is already more than i want to spend, lol.
Especially when the cheaper of the two is more reliable.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We hope.

Y2ksport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner Off road premium
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would get a Jeep before I went to the LR. I like the look and idea of a LR but not the price or their track record on quality/reliability. Not to mention it costing a leg/arm to repair out of warranty.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Defender reliability is certainly a concern, but on that note when it comes to dealer support I have already gotten a significantly greater level of customer service from my local Land Rover dealer than my local Ford dealer (I live in Denver but am part of the Granger buying group because my local dealer is terrible). So I feel like if I come into the experience prepared to spend a lot of time with a loaner while my vehicle is worked on, and I do a relatively short term lease so I’m not on the hook for long term ownership, I should have a decent experience with it. And If I time it right I can hop into a warthog when the defender lease ends ??

Sponsored

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also I have a friend trying to push me into a wrangler and he may yet succeed

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

C'mon man............

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone has options, go for it. It won’t bother me a bit if you don’t buy a Bronco.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone has options, go for it. It won’t bother me a bit if you don’t buy a Bronco.
I’m still totally in love with the bronco, I just need a new car by summer and can’t wait 6+ months on top of that. There is certainly a Bronco in my future at some point, I just may not be one of the lucky folks getting em while they’re the hot new thing, and I’m ok with that ?
Sponsored