First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Go build a badlands with the 2.7 4-door and click on hardtop sound deadening and you will see this:

Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks 1603916175290

Not saying you're wrong but what are you basing that statement on? The hardtop sound deadening option says it's a headliner. Headliners are interior.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go build a badlands with the 2.7 and click on hardtop sound deadening and you will see this:

Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks 1603916175290
Yeah, I'm tracking. I noticed that on day 1 when I was building but again, my point is that the high package says sound deadening is included. Guess this is a question for the BN interns.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the sound deadening listed in the high package refers to interior sound deadening. The hardtop sound deadening is completely different. So again sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 on the Badlands.
Not sure this is the confusion, but sound deadening is offered on the 2Dr 2.7 Badlands.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
there are 2 types of sound deadening:

1 - interior >> listed in the high package
2 - hard top sound deadening is a stand alone option which can't be had with the 2.7 4-door

Yeah, I'm tracking. I noticed that on day 1 when I was building but again, my point is that the high package says sound deadening is included. Guess this is a question for the BN interns.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
as discuss on many threads .. this is most likely true due to the weight of the vehicle as in a 2-door (and thus hard top sound deadening is allowed on the 2-door) is lighter than the 4-door.

Not sure this is the confusion, but sound deadening is offered on the 2Dr 2.7 Badlands.

Sponsored

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as discuss on many threads .. this is most likely true due to the weight of the vehicle as in a 2-door (and thus hard top sound deadening is allowed on the 2-door) is lighter than the 4-door.
Right... but it would be clearer and maybe cause less confusion for someone reading this in the future if you would stick that 4Dr in. All I'm saying.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a savy buyer will understand the options list and understand that if you option out a OBX, it is the same as Wildtrak and Badlands.
Buyer will understand, but books will not, and my experience is the more the bank will loan the more a cars worth.

I could see Badlands booking for as much as Wildtrak, but not OBX.

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am also comparing all three builds and think it will mostly come down to the interior.

Ford Bronco Comparing Fully Loaded Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks Bronco build (2)

Last edited:

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the tow package $100 more for the badlands? In the above spreadsheet...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- Wheel locks? You can buy those aftermarket cheaper
- Block Heater? Where do you live? I live in CO and even when its single digits, I don't use my block heater on my '17 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Was trying to figure out why my BL build was a few grand more, but now I see its the winch that's the difference. If I can't order the winch mount separate, then I'll just buy the Ford winch setup and replace with synthetic line. You'd think if they were concerned with cutting it so close to GVWR that they would have saved weight by offering the synthetic, but then that adds $ as well.

Sponsored

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why is the tow package $100 more for the badlands? In the above spreadsheet...
Good catch as that is not correct and they are all the same.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built out a 2.3 BL with a few options and then A Basesquatch with many more options to include the winch and the V6, prices were similar. Decision time...

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly - I find it odd all the griping about interior colors and all of that - in reality these versions can all be built pretty damn similarly - will you sacrifice something like a GOAT mode or vinyl seats if you want those, sure you will - but in reality there are only so many hardcore off roaders out there, many will go a handful of times - so pick the interior that matches the look you are going for as the top 3 trims (not including FE), can all be spec'ed out pretty much the same.
That creates a problem -- because I'm not a hardcore offroader, I don't need the $5,000 Sasquatch package. Unfortunately it's mandatory on one of these three trims, so pricing becomes much different once you try to remove Sasquatch. For my build, it was something like 52k for OBX, 53k for Badlands, and impossible on Wildtrak.

The extra 2 grand in Badlands goes towards bigger tires, "downgrading" from Leather to MGV, and losing the running board and colored flares. I'll really have to dig in to see what it gains besides tires. (Edit: Lol, whoops. Disco)

Last edited:

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the OBX is quickly going to become the more popular trim. It is still beyond me why they made a Wildtrak other than to "compete" with the Mojave. You could have easliy done that with the OBX with maybe a "Wildtrak" package add on.
i think if they knew the black modular top Would be delayed, they should have planned to make it only available for 2021 wildtrak orders to make it a unique model.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the sound deadening listed in the high package refers to interior sound deadening. The hardtop sound deadening is completely different. So again sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 on the Badlands.
Yah because that one inch of foam is so heavy it throws the GVWR off lol
Sponsored