Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a Wildtrak but I am NOT too crazy about the interior so I built out a badlands BUT I know I don't need DISCO and can't get sound deadening on the Hardtop ... so I built an OuterBanks and I think I am going with an outerbanks

BUT yeah ... prices are the same if you add the same options.
I ordered the Outer Banks because I needed both the Leather and the B&O system. I did add the Sasquatch and 2.7L and in the end am very happy.
Sponsored

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a Wildtrak but I am NOT too crazy about the interior so I built out a badlands BUT I know I don't need DISCO and can't get sound deadening on the Hardtop ... so I built an OuterBanks and I think I am going with an outerbanks

BUT yeah ... prices are the same if you add the same options.
Can you not get sound deadening on the Badlands? My order has it included.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly - I find it odd all the griping about interior colors and all of that - in reality these versions can all be built pretty damn similarly - will you sacrifice something like a GOAT mode or vinyl seats if you want those, sure you will - but in reality there are only so many hardcore off roaders out there, many will go a handful of times - so pick the interior that matches the look you are going for as the top 3 trims (not including FE), can all be spec'ed out pretty much the same.
I want a Sta-bar disconnect
and
I like the trim of the OB

If I was buying a Jeep Rubicon, I could have my cake and eat it too.

Why not with Bronco ?

Why can't you order a BD Man Squatch High or Lux ?

How about a MT OB Squatch with Wash out floor?

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you not get sound deadening on the Badlands? My order has it included.
You can, the post youā€™re quoting is from the pure speculation days of 2020, the guy above you revived this thread for some reason

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a Sta-bar disconnect
and
I like the trim of the OB

If I was buying a Jeep Rubicon, I could have my cake and eat it too.

Why not with Bronco ?

Why can't you order a BD Man Squatch High or Lux ?

How about a MT OB Squatch with Wash out floor?
BD high/lux is an obvious one, itā€™s a way to upsell to BL, same reason you canā€™t get sig lights on a BD. You canā€™t get front/rear lockers or sway bar on a Sahara, or any trim that isnā€™t a Rubicon for that matter. Ford making Sasquatch available from base up makes the Bronco far more flexible. I would say outside of not being able to get electronic swaybar disconnect with cloth seats there really isnā€™t anything jeep has configuration wise that canā€™t be done with a Bronco

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interestingly I ran the Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks trims all through the B&P and built as fully loaded and as close to each other as I could - the pricing was within a few hundred dollars overall - obviously there are different GOAT modes available on each and the sway bar disconnect on Badlands, but still, very interesting indeed.

For those struggling with interior colors and preferring a different trim's interior color options, perhaps a different trim entirely is the best decision for you.

For me, as an all black vehicle type of guy typically, I love the Badlands, the orange stitching and accents, as well as the MIC hardtop roof and matching grille, so that's the version for me.

See attached for the builds - pricing below...
Wildtrak: $59,990
Badlands: $59,745
Outer Banks: $59,425
I started this exercise, with a July 14, reservation; and I still don't have a Build Date:

I went through the same build process, maybe 50-times. I thought that I wanted the Wildtrak, but I couldn't stand those CRAPPY seats, with the Tan color on the outside, and the contrasting color (Black, to match the fender flares, wheels and tires, trail guides, and top), on the inset of the seat. This has got to be the Dumbest "I want to make a name for myself" decision that has ever been made in automotive history!!! Then combine this with a "no Black seat" option, on a high-end model, and there is no end to the stupidity associated with this trim.

Now, in 2022, they also removed all of the Color Matched features on the Wildtrak: Five door handles = $695 and two Mirror caps = $445. Well, so much for the trick words, from Ford. 'Reservation Holders will not incur a price increase'. However, they forgot to say, that they will decrease the value of your previous build, to save THEM an extra $1k.

I finally reordered, again, as a Model Year 2022. This time, I ordered it as a Badlands. Still no Build Date. Nothing too hard about it... I even removed the Sasquatch package, from my build, to make it easier. I'm not changing, again!

2022 Badlands
Oxford White
Sasquatch -- was deleted from my order
Lux
MIC Top

I'll make my own Sasquatch... I purchased 4-Fox Elite 2.5 coil over shocks, and a Camburg UCA from Juggernaut Performance -- about $4700; Aries Power steps from Alligator Performance -- $1499; Method 18 x 9, with a "0" offset; 18 x 35 x 12.5 BFG K03's; and a bunch of "trinkets".

I'll drop off the Top, door handle covers, mirror backs, and grill, at LINE-X to have their "really thin" Ultra Coat, and when it's done... I'll like it, even if nobody else does.

That's the thing about Jeeps (I've had three) and Bronco's (my first was a Brand New, 1966)... all of these things are Personal, and we shouldn't care what anyone else thinks.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there really isnā€™t anything jeep has configuration wise that canā€™t be done with a Bronco
[/QUOTE]
Rubicon and Non Rubicon models can all have the highest trim packages including body colored fenders , door handles and wait there's even more, body color matched modular roofs...

Bronco doesn't have anything yet to match the Xtreme Recon for running gear plus Trim Level

Bronco matches up just over level, imho , on the drivetrain running gear by offering SAS across all the models but falls short on Trim across the models compared to Jeep
Sponsored