Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

funny as I was thinking about sharing my conclusions via a post as you did.

I am leaning towards the OuterBanks because:

- I can get sound deadening on the hardtop
- I like the grill better and not the cheese grater grill on the Wildtrak and Badlands
- You can get body painted mirrors and door handles
- side steps are standard and my wife would appreciate this

I would prefer the Badlands interior BUT I know I would most likely never use DISCO and DISCO would just add weight and complicate the under body with hydraulic lines going everywhere.
I think the OBX is quickly going to become the more popular trim. It is still beyond me why they made a Wildtrak other than to "compete" with the Mojave. You could have easliy done that with the OBX with maybe a "Wildtrak" package add on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat, wont' go OBX as I see it loosing out on resale, but am caught between Badlands and Wildtrak

I've decided I'm just going to look at both until ordering guides come out and pricing is more definite, I'm afraid we'll find out the auto isn't included in 2.7 or some other issue that I'm not going to get too serious on my choice until I believe the options and prices.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think a savy buyer will understand the options list and understand that if you option out a OBX, it is the same as Wildtrak and Badlands.

I'm in the same boat, wont' go OBX as I see it loosing out on resale, but am caught between Badlands and Wildtrak

I've decided I'm just going to look at both until ordering guides come out and pricing is more definite, I'm afraid we'll find out the auto isn't included in 2.7 or some other issue that I'm not going to get too serious on my choice until I believe the options and prices.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a savy buyer will understand the options list and understand that if you option out a OBX, it is the same as Wildtrak and Badlands.
Yes, if an OBX is all optioned out there is no difference between it and Wildtrax. Except badges and some paint and an extra GOAT mode.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I will slap on a badlands sticker when I sell my Outerbanks and no one will ever know.

LOL!

Yes, if an OBX is all optioned out there is no difference between it and Wildtrax. Except badges and some paint and an extra GOAT mode.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will slap on a badlands sticker when I sell my Outerbanks and no one will ever know.

LOL!
lol, ya unless they look for the disconnect.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been going through those three fully loaded and have eliminated OBX as an option. Basically, for the same price you can get the sway bar disco and an extra GOAT mode.

More importantly for me (just my opinion of course), it comes down to the interior choices. Out of the three trims, the only interior I like is the Black w/ Cyber Orange accents so Wildtrak is also out of the running (unless more options are offered).
I'm shocked they don't offer the blackout leather option for Wildtrak considering everything about this model is black accents (mirrors, grill, wheels, roof).

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sound deadening is included in the high package on Badlands. If the vinyl seats were optional on OBX, I would go that route with Sasquatch instead of a stock BL, since the body-colored mirrors and door handles look much nicer.

Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the vinyl seats were optional on OBX, I would go that route with Sasquatch instead of a stock BL, since the body-colored mirrors and door handles look much nicer.
Same here.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 4-door on the Badlands.

Sound deadening is included in the high package on Badlands. If the vinyl seats were optional on OBX, I would go that route with Sasquatch instead of a stock BL, since the body-colored mirrors and door handles look much nicer.

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 on the Badlands.
Not as a stand-alone option but it is listed as part of the high package, which is available on Badlands. Guess we need confirmation to be sure but if it's not included they should remove it from the high package description and drop the price.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the sound deadening listed in the high package refers to interior sound deadening. The hardtop sound deadening is completely different. So again sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 4-door on the Badlands.

Not as a stand-alone option but it is listed as part of the high package, which is available on Badlands. Guess we need confirmation to be sure but if it's not included they should remove it from the high package description and drop the price.

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the sound deadening listed in the high package refers to interior sound deadening. The hardtop sound deadening is completely different. So again sound deadening for the hard top is NOT offered with the 2.7 on the Badlands.
Not saying you're wrong but what are you basing that statement on? The hardtop sound deadening option says it's a headliner. Headliners are interior.
Sponsored