First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the most refreshing thing I've read on this forum in months. I understand this is a Bronco enthusiast forum, but the amount of blue oval purist on here who would rather be caught dead then name a single bad thing about their beloved Bronco is ridiculous.

Without complaints, nothing gets fixed. It's ok to be critical of something you enjoy...doesn't mean you hate the product or the brand. In fact, taking the time to be vocal about issues shows you care enough about the product to want it to do better and want to watch it succeed. The faster the purists on this forum realize this, the better off we'll all be.
I don't know what forum you guys are on, but there are plenty complaints on this one! There is also a difference between complaints and haters, and there are plenty of the latter too.
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I won hundred percent agree with this.

no car is perfect. I’m just being honest with what I’m using mine for. I even bought a fucking Badlands trim, but I have no plans to go rock crawling. I bought the badlands so if I wanted to resell it one day I’d have good features to get top dollar.

but that said for a $50,000 vehicle there’s a lot I expect. I think it’s ridiculous that for $50,000 you don’t get the best stereo system possible. You don’t even get a doctor cruise control or a remote garage door opener unless you get the LUX package.

The plastic inside is super cheap. There are no AC vents in the back which definitely is a problem here in Texas. And seriously the lack of color options for some trims is a little ridiculous. I know Ford wants to try to upsell you and have you move towards a higher trim package to get better colors, but it’s a little fucking ridiculous that I can’t get desert sand in my badlands, without wanting to get a fucking snorkel in a two. 3 L Everglades.

I’m certainly thankful they let you have Sasquatch on any trim level. But I really don’t see any reason why they can’t open up the colors to almost every trim option. I can’t imagine that actually costs Ford more to do that. Maybe I’m wrong.

otherwise I love this vehicle it’s super fun to drive and hopefully they fix some of these thingsIn future editions.
Most everything you mentioned is an opinion on what the vehicle should be. I for one think the interior is spot on, and don't want it changed to soft touch crap. I have owned mostly Toyota and Mazda, and they are hardly considered poor quality cars. The interior is more durable than what I have had so far.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have prefaced by saying this video only pertains to rock crawling. I think deep down we all know the bronco will take a back seat to rock crawling. If the only thing we used our 4x4 for was trailering it to rock crawling trails then we'd probably all choose a SFA vehicle like the wrangler. But because the overwhelming majority of us must daily drive these vehicles also, we settled for a far nicer and newer interior, better creature comforts, light years better on-road drivability, better high speed off-roading, for a slight decrease of rock crawling ability. I've had multiple jeeps also so I knew what I was missing. The fact is I considered the total driving experience across all driving scenarios for my bronco and Ford knew this which is why they're sold out for years.

twilsondallas

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when they bought the Bronco and started making videos for it I was so happy because of what they've done for Jeep. They said it was always gonna be a desert racer build instead of a rock crawler. I'm disappointed they made this comparison video because it seems just like an easy money grab for YT views. Of course the Wrangler is a better rock crawler and some build materials are more refined as it's not a launch vehicle. A stock Bronco encroaches on beating a stock Wrangler off-road in many aspects and beats the Wrangler on-road in all aspects.
Accurate!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not too keen on Bronco- spoiler they have sold the Bronco already.

I would argue that Bronco does things different for a good reason

I should add I do like watching their channel and what they do... and I have no hard feelings about their opinions
I disagree with a ton of their opinions. As with many others, they have a financial interest in their channel. They get sponsors, those sponsors, so far, are heavily Jeep dependent (millions on the road, makes sense). They want to cater to Jeep and Jeep owners. I got tired of their ridiculous takes and Brittany's laugh, but hold no ill will, they can do them. BTW, their Jeep has left them stranded multiple times because of sensors/electronics (so that seems like very questionable complaint, since the broken never broke or failed, other than the worlds dumbest road trip in 80mph winds) from what I saw. I would put a stock Bronco vs. a stock Jeep (comparable model) on any trial. They may hold a slight advantage on rocks (and can be more easily modified for extreme rocks for sure) but in most situations, the Bronco will be more comfortable, faster and more flexible from one type of terrain to the next. Driving from one trail to the next? Bronco is way more comfortable to and from the trail. The Jeep will have better articulation, so may win out in certain situations that makes ultimate articulation the deciding factor. I loved my LJ Jeep, hated it on-road. I love my Bronco everywhere. Note- Not a lot of rocks in MI, lot's of potholes and bad roads.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what forum you guys are on, but there are plenty complaints on this one! There is also a difference between complaints and haters, and there are plenty of the latter too.
Stay on this forum long enough, you'll find quite a few people on here who will go to bat for each and every Bronco complaint like their on Ford's payroll; that is what I'm referring to.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol at her outfit. I refuse to take opinions from some idiot on the internet, especially one trying to monetize on YouTube with a “4X4 girl” wearing a skirt and a mid-riff shirt.
My thoughts exactly. All of their videos she's posing in some sort of suductive clothing... Come on onlyfans?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As has already been pointed out the Litebrite couple are paid infuencers and their videos are predictable.

I have friends/old neighbors who are long time hard core Jeepers and spend a lot of time on the Rubicon and other trails in the Sierra Nevadas near where they live. Most of them don't want a Bronco as their heavily modified Jeeps are great for what they are using them for. A couple of them are unusable for on-road driving. I now live in Minnesota and the Bronco fits my needs for my intended use which is mostly on road with occasional light offroading such as hunting on fire roads/logging trails or running across frozen lakes and snow covered trails.

All vehicles have compromises inherent in their design but that's often what makes them fun when used in a specific set of conditions. My snowmobiles are way more fun for wintertime running of trails or driving in deep snow across a snowy lake than a Jeep or Bronco. My wife has zero interest in riding on our 165hp Ski-Doos but gets a kick out of driving 10 miles across the lake ice to our favorite bar/restaurant in the comfort of a Bronco.

I've recently been introduced to off-roading in a RZR(my buddy has two of them) and I'll be getting one by spring. To me they are way more fun than any Jeep was on my rock crawling trips in the Sierras. I love speed and it's amazing the terrain these can cover at high speeds with their 28" of usable suspension travel. They are about the same price as a base Jeep or Bronco but don't need any upgrades or mods to have a blast on almost any off-road trail.

Last edited:

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My thoughts exactly. All of their videos she's posing in some sort of suductive clothing... Come on onlyfans?
it just shows how mindless people can be lol. That they’ll let a girl in a short skirt dictate what they watch.

Sponsored

Mocopo

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badsquatch. 22 JLUR-XR.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as the creature comforts (cup holders, sturdiness of grab handles, A/C in the rear) sure I can agree with them on many of those points.

From a rock crawling standpoint, I've been saying from the beginning, having taken the Bronco on trails rated 7, it can EASILY keep up with a Jeep to that point. Beyond that, you aren't seeing any stock vehicles anyway, so may the more modded vehicle win!

I watched the video hoping for an honest review, but I gave up when they mentioned they hadn't driven their Bronco as hard as their wrangler when it was stock (which is clear in their videos anyway). How can you stack two vehicles against each other if you don't push them both equally?

killerkeith

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know a paid advertisement when I see one. If someone gave me 100K a year and free parts I’d talk shit too. I too can be bought. #LiteBrightBroncoNation

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i disagree
ford benchmarked the wrangler and beat it. Its a scandal that your computer can leave you stranded when your car is fine. There should be computer overrides
You are right. "Ford" benchmarked it. lol.

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think people are greatly exaggerating the handling and drivability differences between the Bronco and the Jeep. I daily drive a JL Rubicon on 37s and have driven it 100k miles in the past 4 years all over the country. It drives great, tracks straight, handles fine. I've test driven 2 Broncos now and was surprised at how little difference there was, and in some cases it drove worse (agility, width).

The Bronco does have about 5-10% tighter steering, and the IFS handles some road unevenness a bit better. But it's not the revelation that forum members are making it out to be. The Bronco I found to be louder, felt way wider, less agile, and the throttle lag made it feel slower than my Jeep with 5.13 gears. So it's not like if you get a Jeep your life is hell on earth unless you are on a 9+ rated trail. Its a much smaller difference than people here want to admit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.