Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco: 4717 lb
Jeep: 4273 lb

Ford Bronco Comparison Test: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited zz3
More steel used in construction? Maybe future models will mix in more light weight materials to get weight down and GVWR up? The payload capacity seems to be a weak point for both Bronco and Wrangler. The Defender is double, but is too expensive and English which I've alread hit my limit on English made cars.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, that 2.0L is surprisingly quick. How do I know? Well… I own one with a tune. Regardless, still looking forward to my 2.7L Bronco.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Lows: Woefully uncouth on the road, uncomfortable interior, waves from other Jeepers.”

😂 that wasn’t nice!

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the 1/5 for power train flexibility? No mention of it in the article.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a bronco and jeep in the garage and drive both regularly. The jeep wanders in comparison to the Bronco, but in no way does it wander like these guys mention. They make it seem like the Jeep is undriveable.

I am over all these review comparisons. They either lean one way or the other and exaggerate a compromise of the competition. Our lives are so good, we nitpick the crap out great things.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seeing the 2.0L not only out perform the 2.3EB but also get better fuel economy while mated to an 8spd auto was disheartening.

Maybe Ford should include the performance packs at no charge to right this rather embarrassing revelation. Might as well include it for the 2.7EBs too.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More steel used in construction? Maybe future models will mix in more light weight materials to get weight down and GVWR up? The payload capacity seems to be a weak point for both Bronco and Wrangler. The Defender is double, but is too expensive and English which I've alread hit my limit on English made cars.
The base Defender isn't double, it's priced pretty much exactly the same as a well equipped badlands.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sport-compared/

Comparison Test: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ford's reimagined Bronco confronts Jeep's iconic Wrangler in a battle of playthings that go anywhere, from city streets to dirt trails.

Ford Bronco Comparison Test: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited zz3
YES! Bronco wins! And it should win for couple of good reasons.
First Ford did their research and targeted Toyota, Land Rover, and Jeep Wrangler. I match the Black Diamond to the 4 Runner and they built a more capable and more affordable match. I match the Wild Track to the Land Rover that has better trail capabilities at a better price. Of course, the big target was Wrangler and they beat it on every model from the Sport (vs Base) that has roll down windows and no air conditioning to the Rubicon (vs the Bad Lands) that has plastic bumpers and halogen head lights.
Second, Jeep has been using and abusing the customer base with less and less for more and more. Ford has exposed Jeep for not trying to build a better vehicle. Lockers are now only on Rubicons, LEDs are an expensive add on, steel bumpers are an add on with a Rubicon where Ford has LED and rock rails/skid plate/ steel bumpers standard on the BL. If you have checked - Jeep Wrangler still does not have a 2022 option. Ford Bronco has embarrassed Jeep - just as this article demonstrates.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The jeep wanders in comparison to the Bronco, but in no way does it wander like these guys mention. They make it seem like the Jeep is undriveable.
This.
Again, my experience is purely anecdotal - but then so is the reviewers. I drive my 2 door at 75 - 80 almost every day. One hand on the wheel, sipping my coffee with the other. It's pretty darn solid. Does it drift a little? Sure, but it's a predictable, consistent drift. A few days behind the wheel and you should know exactly how it's going to behave.
Is the Bronco better on the pavement? Of course. But the reviewer seems to be saying Jeep should dump the SFA because folks who never go off road would find it more appealing.
Here's a thought: maybe it doesn't have to be for everyone.
Sorry to vent, but the idea that making things more 'vanella' for broader appeal annoys the shit out of me. Give me unique character - and the compromises that come with it - any day.
I have nothing against them being used as mall crawlers - but don't bitch about them not being as comfortable as a typical soccer mom SUV.
There's a reason the Bronco and Wrangler stand apart from the dreary obscurity of the pack. They're designed with a different priority in mind.
And all the better for it.
Ford Bronco Comparison Test: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Screenshot_20211026-174837_YouTube

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades