First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They fixed the interior now when they fix the ride I'm back for life. I would not wish on my worst enemy my recent experience with Ford. My last lariat 150 ownership was great. Somehow they have gone from that to a straight factory dealer dumpster fire. I will be happy to leave.
Sponsored

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They seem like solid improvements, I’m surprised by how much better the new grille and aesthetics look.

I would love to see some real competition between the Jeep and Bronco within the PHEV/EV “adventure vehicle” space.

Nothing says adventure like tying to find a charging port deep in the back country.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While Jeep is upgrading the new Wrangler, they should seriously consider increasing the interior space! I am 6'5 250 lbs and no way would I subject myself to that small of a cabin! The Bronco is only a few inches wider but it makes a huge difference in how comfortable it is.
Please go back through this thread and count the number of time you told us that you're "6'5 250 lbs". Are you related to Mitchell?

Sponsored

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Objectively speaking - I think this is a pretty damn solid refresh effort from the Stellantis folks on the Wrangler.

However, I don't think they were losing the hardcore off-road crowd to Bronco sales, I think they were losing the daily drivers and folks getting into off-roading and because of that - I think if they would have made the 12.3" screen standard across ALL of their models it would really put the onus on Ford then to return serve. As it is this feels more like a response to keep up more than put the pressure back on Ford.

What I do really like is how you can option out the Wrangler for significant towing.

Overall - great for the consumer.
100% agree. The one-up-manship is good for all of us. I'll never understand those that come in to these threads to shit on the Wrangler... were it not for the it's success, we may not have the beloved Bronco as we see it today.

The biggest miss here is the Pentastar lives on. Sure, it was great to replace the 190hp minivan lump in 2012, but it's time has come. It needs that Hurricane I6.

Competition sharpens swords. Bring it on!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% agree. The one-up-manship is good for all of us. I'll never understand those that come in to these threads to shit on the Wrangler... were it not for the it's success, we may not have the beloved Bronco as we see it today.

The biggest miss here is the Pentastar lives on. Sure, it was great to replace the 190hp minivan lump in 2012, but it's time has come. It needs that Hurricane I6.

Competition sharpens swords. Bring it on!
Yeah...Wranglers will get a Hurricane when the Bronco gets a V8. Basically it'll never happen, because Jeep doesn't want to waste their good engine allotments on the Wrangler.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still like the Bronco screen better. The proportions of the Jeep screen look off. Like a giant iPhone in landscape mode. Then whats with all the dead and unused space on the right and why is it angled like that?

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is the 12 inch screen seeing so much love? Are you guys not looking at the road?

But I see that Wrangler software engineers understand UI far better than the Ford engineers. Not only does AA on the Bronco not give you access to common functions such as the sound source, but it does not even bother permanently displaying the Ford sync icon so you can get to those frequently used features. I hope we get an OTA to fix this glaring omission before Indie of old age.

Davipier

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol it’s so frustrating! Oh well we love our Jeep either way! Still love the Bronco we were just over Ford’s handling of this. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bronco looks great, except for dirty windshield. In the words of MC Hammer "can't touch this".

bronco fins.jpg

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco looks great, except for dirty windshield. In the words of MC Hammer "can't touch this".

bronco fins.jpg
My Jeep does just fine lol. At the end of the day the brand doesn’t matter if you’re enjoying life. Ford had their chance and as much as I adore the Bronco brand, they gave us the middle finger. I’ll still hang around and enjoy the posts though. The Bronco is a super cool rig and I enjoy seeing them out and about.

Ford Bronco Competition: 2024 Jeep Wrangler Gets Facelift & Upgrades IMG_2609

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford had their chance and as much as I adore the Bronco brand, they gave us the middle finger.
My dude, Jeep has been giving us the middle finger for decades, they were the only show in town. They didn't have to build anything to compete on any metric whatsoever, which is why we got shitbox minivan engines, had to wait years for standard Jeep equipment to show up on Wranglers, and only got a V8 in a single model Wrangler because they had to do *something* to stay relevant with the Bronco on the way. Jeep threw away 30 years of chances as far as I'm concerned.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dude, Jeep has been giving us the middle finger for decades, they were the only show in town. They didn't have to build anything to compete on any metric whatsoever, which is why we got shitbox minivan engines, had to wait years for standard Jeep equipment to show up on Wranglers, and only got a V8 in a single model Wrangler because they had to do *something* to stay relevant with the Bronco on the way. Jeep threw away 30 years of chances as far as I'm concerned.
I like my new Bronco so far, but sorry Ford gave the middle finger to the open top 4x4 genre for decades after 1977. Thank god for Jeep and all the fun and adventure I've had in their vehicles the past 30+ years while Ford was MIA.
Sponsored