Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, now jeep can delay delivery 2 years and have quality go down the $hitt3r.
Maybe wrangler settings will reset every time you shut it off too.....misery loves company.....nah, they're not THAT stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm going to stop by to get a price on a Rubicon. I'm getting tired of Ford and the lack of communication. This should have been fixed long time ago. Like others I've had Jeeps for 20+ years, without issues. I need a offroad truck for 1-4 trails.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy crap!!!! 4.56 gearing????

My 1950 Willys CJ3A (the real thing….) has 4.56 gearing…. Done 73 years ago!! Did someone just forget the technology????

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive been cross shopping both for a while and while i do really like the Jeep and its off road ability, I just feel more comfortable in the Broncos Ive tested. Specifically the ride feels great, the manual in the Bronco is top notch and probably most importantly: I dont feel insanely cramped in the driver seat. All the Jeeps Ive test driven just feel tiny inside and the Bronco has felt very comfy all around.

A manual Sport S two door with no options would work pretty well for me but a base manual two door Bronco wins against it on most levels. As a daily the Bronco is just a clear winner. One of the really nice things about the Bronco is it seems like its really got cargo room beat over the Wrangler. Regardless of what id buy id be doing a rear seat delete and cargo platform. Im essentially just looking for a 2 seat, 2 door with the slightest bit of off road ability. I do like offroading and I probably will take the Bronco on trails, but i dont plan on doing anything extreme on a car with a loan on it. I like the low tech interior of the Wrangler but the Bronco isnt all THAT bad. A bit more fancy than Id like for sure but I can deal with it.

Now if you want anything fancy and more easily attained? Oh god, by all means go get a fancy Jeep. Order takes like 1-2 months and you can get them under invoice fairly easily. Im gonna do a March 27th order for my totally base model and just wait for it. Im not too antsy about when i get it. Ive been going back and forth on it since 2020.

V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro / Many mods
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ive been cross shopping both for a while and while i do really like the Jeep and its off road ability, I just feel more comfortable in the Broncos Ive tested. Specifically the ride feels great, the manual in the Bronco is top notch and probably most importantly: I dont feel insanely cramped in the driver seat. All the Jeeps Ive test driven just feel tiny inside and the Bronco has felt very comfy all around.

A manual Sport S two door with no options would work pretty well for me but a base manual two door Bronco wins against it on most levels. As a daily the Bronco is just a clear winner. One of the really nice things about the Bronco is it seems like its really got cargo room beat over the Wrangler. Regardless of what id buy id be doing a rear seat delete and cargo platform. Im essentially just looking for a 2 seat, 2 door with the slightest bit of off road ability. I do like offroading and I probably will take the Bronco on trails, but i dont plan on doing anything extreme on a car with a loan on it. I like the low tech interior of the Wrangler but the Bronco isnt all THAT bad. A bit more fancy than Id like for sure but I can deal with it.

Now if you want anything fancy and more easily attained? Oh god, by all means go get a fancy Jeep. Order takes like 1-2 months and you can get them under invoice fairly easily. Im gonna do a March 27th order for my totally base model and just wait for it. Im not too antsy about when i get it. Ive been going back and forth on it since 2020.
Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of this, and especially the last paragraph. I ended up grabbing a Rubicon 4xe because Broncos around me are all $10K+ above MSRP. Make no mistake: I'd rather have the Bronco. I intend to place an order later this month, but because I want models with Sasquatch and Lux, it may be several years. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong for getting Wrangler/Bronco, but at least Jeep can deliver a vehicle within a year, and their dealerships aren't charging like $10-20K above MSRP. I understand why they're not charging above, but that doesn't negate the facts. For some, losing the features the Bronco holds over the Wrangler doesn't negate the potentially enormous financial mistake of paying $80K for a $60K vehicle.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right! Who would have known that actually having competition would force JEEP to update a vehicle which is intentionally kept as ancient as possible.

Like Toyota keeping drum brakes on cars into the 2010's, Jeep has a way of shilling cockroaches as butterflies.
Ouch.....Jeep came out with the JL which was a vast improvement over the JK without the Bronco's help. They updated the old 3.8 with the 3.6 pentastar...added a 2.0 turbo with etorque...added leather seats..lol.
The Bronco has pushed them further though, but they were making progress.

Nope. Jeeps were fine when AMC owned them. It's Chrysler that ruined 'em
Are you implying the chysler 3.8 wasnt the best minivan motor ever!!! that somehow made it into a jeep...ok good call.

Last edited:

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll be curious to what the pricing and options are. Value and drive quality is what made me purchase the Bronco over the Wrangler but it’s not like I don’t like the Wrangler.

Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Start a Jeep wishlist like we do with the Bronco?
Rear armrest with cup holders on every trim obviously haha.
Would be cool to see a slight wheelbase stretch for better room. Hurricane engine, IFS…

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, now jeep can delay delivery 2 years and have quality go down the $hitt3r.
Maybe wrangler settings will reset every time you shut it off too.....misery loves company.....nah, their not THAT stupid.
Says the person who doesn’t know how to use their and they’re.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a feeling I won’t even need to look since I stopped my 2023 build and price short yesterday when my base Willy’s with recon package exceeded 50k. I guess one day only doctors and lawyers will be driving off road capable suvs and trucks.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I contemplated a Jeep in 2013, but went a different direction. Then the redesigned 2018 dropped and contemplated the jeep again, until I rented one while on vacation. At 6'3" and 200lbs, I felt cramped and the steering was exhausting, but I was still on board. I had planned to do a lot of mods to make it more comfortableand update the tech. Then bam, Ford introduced the Bronco and I was hooked. Wife rented one for me to drive very early on and it was very comfortable. That sealed the deal. Then I was offered a Raptor at MSRP.
Sponsored

Last edited: