First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While waiting for my Bronco to get scheduled, I rented a Rubicon thinking I might go that route. While they’ve made improvements (i.e coil springs vs leaf and some comfort features), I had too many flashbacks to my CJ7 50 yrs ago and not as comfortable as my ‘95 XJ. Hard to see how they sell so many of them at 10X the cost for 50yr old+ mechanicals. Around here, the Wrangle is more like a canvas for which to hang stuff on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Jeeps were still built by AMC I’d buy another one tomorrow! Unfortunately they are now built and owned by Fiat.
If Jeeps were built by AMC, there would be no Jeeps. AMC ceased to exist 35 years ago...
Chrysler has been managed by a bunch of other companies but have kept them alive and competitive in this market.
Also, you say Jeeps are all plastic but how is the Bronco less "plastic" than the Jeep?...

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Decent video on the refresh.

Pretty annoying that Jeep is seemingly making the full digital dash standard on all models while our Broncos are stuck with arguable the worst analog/digital mashup implemented in the modern age lol.

One of those things I wonder in 20 years if people will look back and see it as a fun "quirky" feature that is actually desirable, or if digital cluster swaps are going to be popular.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. My wife just bought a '23 JLU Sport with the only option being a hard top (still has crank windows and no power mirrors or lock, no auto headlights, etc.) and it was still over $40K. It was almost the same as I paid for my 2020 JLU Willys with a fair amount of options. Hell, my '22 2.7 Basequatch 2dr with mod bumper and brush guard was only about a grand more than the wife's Jeep.
When I bought my 2012 Wrangler new, it was $23k and it was exactly what I wanted, a blank canvas, manual windows, locks, transmission and green in color, the way God intended! :ROFLMAO: . The only options I got was the bluetooth phone connectivity, shorter 3.73 gearing and A/C. I've added front and rear limited torsen Detroit TrueTrac differentials, trussed the differentials for strength, LED everything, and a bunch of other stuff to make it mine. It only has 38k miles and I'll be sad to see it go, but happy will likely get close to what I paid for it when I sell it.

Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Jeeps were built by AMC, there would be no Jeeps. AMC ceased to exist 35 years ago...
Chrysler has been managed by a bunch of other companies but have kept them alive and competitive in this market.
Also, you say Jeeps are all plastic but how is the Bronco less "plastic" than the Jeep?...
I was comparing the older Jeeps to the new ones. I have a CJ7 with a AMC401 in the garage parked beside the Braptor. Unfortunately today there is no option to get any vehicle built to last. If a manufacturer would place a modern drivetrain in a vehicle built with all metal panels, dash, and trim I’d be all over it. As long as it was off road capable.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Pretty annoying that Jeep is seemingly making the full digital dash standard on all models while our Broncos are stuck with arguable the worst analog/digital mashup implemented in the modern age lol.

One of those things I wonder in 20 years if people will look back and see it as a fun "quirky" feature that is actually desirable, or if digital cluster swaps are going to be popular.
I think a digital screen has to be cheaper to manufacture nowadays than a semi mechanical gauge cluster, so it makes no sense to keep the horrible cluster on the Bronco other than to give the Raptor some additional type of advantage. I see all 2024 Broncos with a digital cluster to stay competitive.
When shopping for a new vehicle recently, I was researching an used Genesis G90 still with the analog cluster, an used RAM 1500 Limited with the beautiful analog cluster (both can use the Comma.ai for a higher level of autonomous driving) but then Tesla dropped their prices effectively to me by over $20k so ended up with a digital screen and no buttons which covered all my needs and wants...

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

meh, not terribly impressed, improved a little but....... not ground breaking or anything...

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
meh, not terribly impressed, improved a little but....... not ground breaking or anything...
This is all planned, just enough to keep it competitive but never too much to make the competition drastically change become too expensive and go out of business.
Think of the Camaro and Mustang rivalry that has been going for decades.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am hearing there is a possibility they will not accept orders containing Sasquatch, Lux Package, and Hard Top.
I was originally in the camp that said that Ford would restrict those items. However, given the massive price increases on all three of those yesterday, I am now thinking that Ford will let folks order them, and is counting on the huge price increase to drive down demand. (and if not, well that's an extra $5-6k in Ford's pocket compared to Monday.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They won't make the digital dash standard.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I sure wish Bronco had the sky touch option. Truly is the best thing about a Jeep.
Totally agree. I love the Sky One Touch on my wife's Sahara. Hoping Ford can produce on like it down the road seeing that they have the framework for it with the panoramic roofs they offer on F150, F250, and Explorer...We'll see....

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I sure wish Bronco had the sky touch option. Truly is the best thing about a Jeep.
My 2021 Willys agrees! One touch top is an absolute game changer. Such a fun daily driver and weekend toy.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't trust hexagons.

Why would I watch someone scrolling the web for me?
Sponsored