Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2.3 MT with 47 axle on 37s with 4WP bumpers, winch, lift etc. and its great!! Plenty of power. Fun to drive. Im all about power in my cars. Not ashamed of the 4cyl nor jealous of the 6. Infact, I welcome the 4cyl bc its lighter and all aluminum. You notice the weight if the car, not the weight of the engine, when going or braking. Plus no front end slide when steep trail riding.

Btw the steering wheel is small (nice) and steering radious is very tight for 4 door. It looks bigger than it really is. My 2018 honda accord is Longer than the 4 door bronco. Ya. Crazy. Interior feels small and nimble. But bigger than a wrangler interior praise God lol.

Just added a sprint booster, made it even better to drive. Almost through my first tank of gas and will use 91 octane moving forward for added gains. Then cooler weather arrives soon where im at in the desert which will help the turbski. Then $50 drop in K&N air filter. And maybe the ford performance tune when it arrives. Possibly exhaust. Not sure. I like how it sounds stock. Whatever I do, I'm keeping it classy and under warranty.

Its not about how fast I get to 60mph but how it feels and drives. My bronco feels and drives fantastic and only getting better. Both my wife and I really enjoy driving it and we love driving. She use to be a service writer for Ford and Im still in car biz. Its a rad car!! And the 7spd MT is the only way to go!! Clean smooth shifts and power feels good.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another new video!! He doesn’t have a timer... but WOW! Looks much faster than the other videos we’ve seen so far.

I really liked that 10ish L/100km he had for the first (whopping) 160km.

Gotta say the amount of wheel spin on takeoff with TC disabled was impressive for such a heavy vehicle.

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the main reasons I go with the 4 cylinder, is that most of the engine issues I have seen are with the 6 cylinder. The 4 cylinder is one of the most proven engines on the market and pretty bullet proof. This is for me more important than a newer engine which still seem to have some issues.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm about 1000 miles in with my 2.3L/AT non-sas Big Bend. The motor is great, no complaints about the power. Now the transmission? Meh....

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2.3 is fine at sea level. It's when you get into higher elevations that you'll wish for the 2.7

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm about 1000 miles in with my 2.3L/AT non-sas Big Bend. The motor is great, no complaints about the power. Now the transmission? Meh....
Good stuff. Agreed. Engine is great. The MT and 47 axle I have in mine both give it that extra bit of juice that makes driving the bronco just right IMO.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2.3 MT with 47 axle on 37s with 4WP bumpers, winch, lift etc. and its great!! Plenty of power. Fun to drive. Im all about power in my cars. Not ashamed of the 4cyl nor jealous of the 6. Infact, I welcome the 4cyl bc its lighter and all aluminum. You notice the weight if the car, not the weight of the engine, when going or braking. Plus no front end slide when steep trail riding.

Btw the steering wheel is small (nice) and steering radious is very tight for 4 door. It looks bigger than it really is. My 2018 honda accord is Longer than the 4 door bronco. Ya. Crazy. Interior feels small and nimble. But bigger than a wrangler interior praise God lol.

Just added a sprint booster, made it even better to drive. Almost through my first tank of gas and will use 91 octane moving forward for added gains. Then cooler weather arrives soon where im at in the desert which will help the turbski. Then $50 drop in K&N air filter. And maybe the ford performance tune when it arrives. Possibly exhaust. Not sure. I like how it sounds stock. Whatever I do, I'm keeping it classy and under warranty.

Its not about how fast I get to 60mph but how it feels and drives. My bronco feels and drives fantastic and only getting better. Both my wife and I really enjoy driving it and we love driving. She use to be a service writer for Ford and Im still in car biz. Its a rad car!! And the 7spd MT is the only way to go!! Clean smooth shifts and power feels good.
Do you have pics? And how did you fit 37s under it?

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please find a way to drive one yourself first before purchasing. I did, and unfortunately it forced me to take the mt off my build possibilities and keep my V6 auto build(I had hopes of speeding up my delivery date). Day and night difference, and yes, I have owned and driven many mts in my lifetime. I just think many of you may be disappointed, that's all.

Good luck
Mike

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its funny to me to hear guys say there is a huge difference between the 2 engines. Its all personal opinion of course but I have a decent amount of seat time in both since i own the 2.3 and my friend has the 2.7 that i have driven alot and I have not noticed a huge difference at all. Again, just my opinion so I say drive both and pick what works for you. Even in eco mode I find the 2.3 pretty nimble tbh, I have never felt i needed more power in the 2 months i have owned this Bronco.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have pics? And how did you fit 37s under it?
Here a few pics. Dealer had aftermarket company do the 37s along with odometer, bumpers, and suspension upgrades. Drives great!

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

HYoqFdZT-166789555.jpg

Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have yet to drive the 2.7 but I have driven the 2.3 And I can’t say that it lives up to these reviews. It’s not terrible but it’s no where near impressive. I opted to upgrade to the 2.7
I cannot echo this enough after having test drove the 2.3 this weekend. I mean what a nightmare. I’m sure the 2.3 is fine for some butI sure am glad I opted for the 2.7.

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who owns both a 2.3L and 2.7L Bronco… You will not notice a difference unless you’re on a steep hill, or at high elevation. And even then, the difference is minimal. These aren’t sports cars, they are Broncos. Gearing is more important than an extra 30 Horsepower.

Notice the people bashing the 2.3L, don’t actually own a Bronco.

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who owns both a 2.3L and 2.7L Bronco… You will not notice a difference unless you’re on a steep hill, or at high elevation. And even then, the difference is minimal. These aren’t sports cars, they are Broncos. Gearing is more important than an extra 30 Horsepower.

Notice the people bashing the 2.3L, don’t actually own a Bronco.
I went and drove all the different powerplant variants myself. I was looking to buy the mt. So, I must respectfully disagree. The 2.3auto was great, the 2.7auto was great, the 2.3manual was not. Btw, I am simply recommending people to please go drive them before making the jump into the manual trans. That's all. This is the internet, having a different opinion is not "bashing" and I assume welcome. Or is it???.... 🙄

Regards
Mike

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about the brakes, anybody care?
Broncos with the 2.3 have Ranger like vacuum assist. The Ranger's brakes are a known and documented sore spot. The 2.7’s have electronic assist.
Car and Driver’s testing showed a much heavier 2.7 stopping 20 feet shorter than a lighter 2.3.
The 217 foot stop from 70 MPH for the four banger should be very concerning. I believe they were both 2DR’s. The 4DR 2.3 will be worse. Then there are the folks upsizing their tires, yikes...
Sponsored