First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought I would share this. When I took delivery on my Bronco Big Bend, I noticed a stray bit of plastic in the cargo area. Didn't think to much about it until I went to take the top down for the first time. I notice that one of the clips for the side window was missing. The half that's attached to the top. That was what the random bit of plastic was. Took it to the dealer for warranty work. I thought, OK, just a bit of plastic that can be snapped back into place. Nope! They are ordering a whole new top, which he said cost $3250 plus labor if it wasn't under warranty. Crazy stuff for a little piece of plastic.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's gotta be like a 10¢ part...

I'd hoped the side panels could be purchased separately but perhaps not.
Hopefully eventually but he seems to be referring to one of the clips on the top side that connects to the window piece.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought I would share this. When I took delivery on my Bronco Big Bend, I noticed a stray bit of plastic in the cargo area. Didn't think to much about it until I went to take the top down for the first time. I notice that one of the clips for the side window was missing. The half that's attached to the top. That was what the random bit of plastic was. Took it to the dealer for warranty work. I thought, OK, just a bit of plastic that can be snapped back into place. Nope! They are ordering a whole new top, which he said cost $3250 plus labor if it wasn't under warranty. Crazy stuff for a little piece of plastic.
That’s not unusual on a new production model without a supply of parts to back it up. It’s just easier to send the whole piece.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well Webasto who makes the soft top as well, is probably putting it's extra talent and time into MIC 2.0 soft top parts are not a priority. Early adopter issue, not great, but I knew there are good and bad that comes with being one.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another reason to leave the bronco unlocked so some idiot doesn't slash your top to get inside. Thats a bit steep $ wise though. Id just go bestop soft top and be done.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another reason to leave the bronco unlocked so some idiot doesn't slash your top to get inside. Thats a bit steep $ wise though. Id just go bestop soft top and be done.
Thieves are too stupid for that or just won't care. They'll slash an unlocked vehicle as well.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/theft-by-cut-soft-top-ever-happened-to-you.11559/#post-137758

" We had our top cut about 1.5 years ago. Doors were unlocked but they still cut the top. "
Sponsored

Last edited: