Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok bud. I understand the warranty and all. Put yourself in my shoes. Do I really want a bronco that had an engine swap at 1000mi? Not ideal. Further, I have no idea how long getting it back is going to be? Suppose I am sitting here in the same spot in 2, 3 or 4 months.

I don't need you to tell me what the warranty does and blah blah blah. I'm frustrated. Seems fair right?
Sure the situation sucks, shit happens. You're not being fair, you're being entitled. 2, 3, 4 months down the road is a different story. If it hasn't been repaired and returned to you then it qualifies for lemon law buyback. Quick google search says 20 or more business days out of service is North Carolina lemon law eligibility. Then ford buys it back, ships it to another state once it's repaired and sells it to someone who will be happy as a clam to have it. While you wait on the replacement for who knows how long.
Sponsored

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure the situation sucks, shit happens. You're not being fair, you're being entitled. 2, 3, 4 months down the road is a different story. If it hasn't been repaired and returned to you then it qualifies for lemon law buyback. Quick google search says 20 or more business days out of service is North Carolina lemon law eligibility. Then ford buys it back, ships it to another state once it's repaired and sells it to someone who will be happy as a clam to have it. While you wait on the replacement for who knows how long.
Dude. I’m asking if my frustration is fair. I even intimated earlier that the but back was a stretch. I don’t need you you come tell me what’s fair and what’s not. I’m a grown ass man. I’m frustrated. Go away. Get lost. You’ve not added anything meaningful here. What a doosh.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, let me say that I absolutely loved my Bronco while I had it. Drove great. Looked awesome, bigger in person, than it looks in pictures. I hope to get it back at some point - or another one, depending. I am super disappointed - and the information and communication from Ford has been 'ok' but not great.

So here's what happened...
Last Thursday, I am driving from Greensboro, NC down to the SC coast - Pawley's Island area. I am on a 2-lane road near Gresham, SC and the engine cuts out - I am coasting, now power. I get it pulled over. I'm thinking it is a computer glitch issue, maybe somehow I get it stopped, cycle the power and I will be good to go. I've got warning lights all over the place - engine, battery, auto-off etc. etc. It won't re-start. Plenty of auxiliary power for radio, lights etc. Starter is working fine, but won't re-fire.

I call Ford roadside and they tow it to Conway Ford in Conway, SC. On Friday afternoon, the service advisor at Conway calls with the bad news. They dropped the oil pan and found a bunch of metal in the oil. THE ENGINE AND TURBOS NEED TO BE COMPLETELY REPLACED. Pretty crushing - to wait 16months for a vehicle and have that happen in the first 1000mi.

Given the parts situation - Conway has not been able to give me a repair timeline yet. I am awaiting that information - before I decide if I want Ford to buy it back and send me a new one - which is what I think they should've offered to do from the jump.

Ford Customer service has put me in a rental for the time being.
I don't feel like I am getting the level of service that a failure of this sort should demand - but everyone has been friendly and at least somewhat helpful.

If someone in Ford Production or Ford Engine Plant reads this and wants to help - please contact me. [email protected]
I remember the B6G panic about how the 2.7L had too much torque for the AT it was mated to and how the powertrain was destined to explode upon pressing the gas. While that was bunk, these stories definitely are not. I'm less confident in my 2.7L choice than I was when I ordered but hoping these are few and far between. Keep us updated on the resolution.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i read many more stories just like yours on bronco6x (fb/ 2.7 failures). F should buyback after certain amount of business days in the shop.

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never said I wouldn’t be fine? You fail to realize the scope of this problem. There is going to be a large number of blown 2.7s in the Bronco, due to a bad batch of parts. This doesn’t take away the fact the 2.7 is historically a rock solid engine. There is a problem with a certain batch, and my understanding is Ford had or has been blowing them up on the dyno trying to understand how widespread this is themselves.
Odd, I wasn’t trying to reply to you but somehow here we are lol. And yes there is a bad batch of components but I was told they had narrowed it down quite a bit (no idea how reliable this info is). Hopefully they get good replacement parts to fix them ASAP. So far so good after a 1000+ miles on ours but I was a 7/2 build.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When someone else’s bronco has an issue- “relax man. It’ll be all good. Ford will take care of you. The (insert part here) is solid and reliable. It’ll get fixed in a few weeks/months”.

When your bronco has an issue- “ Ford better part the Red Sea, make the CEO personally ensure I get a new one, Levine should personally deliver it to me, it should be replaced in one week max, etc…..”.

It’s all about perspective. If it were mine I’d be beyond pissed so I’d probably feel just like the OP. It’s easy to be all high and mighty when it’s not yours.

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Terrible , this seems to be happening way to often to be a fluke thing. First we all worry about when our trucks will be built , then it's can they deliver it without damaging it during the process, then once lucky enough to get it your worrying about will the engine seize up, ugh . Very frustrating. I hope this works put for the OP but it really sucks seeing this so often .

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dude. I’m asking if my frustration is fair. I even intimated earlier that the but back was a stretch. I don’t need you you come tell me what’s fair and what’s not. I’m a grown ass man. I’m frustrated. Go away. Get lost. You’ve not added anything meaningful here. What a doosh.
I would agree that a major failure warrants additional compensation beyond the repair. Reduced to resale value for example, which of the 2 vehicles would a second owner prefer: likely not the one with an engine replacement on the carfax. So even just from that standpoint, the value of the vehicle has been reduced through no fault of the owner. Then take into consideration the human aspect of this experience, which is a personal matter, but I would expect most businesses to be looking to make their customers happy. When you find a fingernail in your meal at a restaurant, are you satisfied if they replace just part of your plate where the nail was, or would like a new plate of food? I bet we’d all also expect a visit from the manager to apologize and an offer to comp your meal.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is just crazy. 9/6. I thought we had some valve issues before that? Can't remember with all this timeline waiting.....arghhh. But shocked they haven't apparently addressed whatever it is?

And now maybe not feeling so bad that mine is still on the dirt for 97 days now.......but no idea why.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Odd, I wasn’t trying to reply to you but somehow here we are lol. And yes there is a bad batch of components but I was told they had narrowed it down quite a bit (no idea how reliable this info is). Hopefully they get good replacement parts to fix them ASAP. So far so good after a 1000+ miles on ours but I was a 7/2 build.
I see, oops, apologies :p. Yes Ive heard the same, narrowing it down by blowing shit up. This one being an August build is concerning, the latest Ive seen.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is ford trying to keep this hush hush just issue the damn recall already problem is no one has parts it’s a lose lose situation untill things go back to normal tje good ole days are over

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is just crazy. 9/6. I thought we had some valve issues before that? Can't remember with all this timeline waiting.....arghhh. But shocked they haven't apparently addressed whatever it is?

And now maybe not feeling so bad that mine is still on the dirt for 97 days now.......but no idea why.
it appears the engine was built on 7/28.

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see, oops, apologies :p. Yes Ive heard the same, narrowing it down by blowing shit up. This one being an August build is concerning, the latest Ive seen.
It appears the engine was built on 7/28.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s threads like these that make it very hard to stay pumped. We all basically got to hope and pray our bronco isent going to be a lemon when we get it .
Sponsored