First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have definitely been out of the car audio scene for a long time. I've never heard of any of those brands
I thought the same thing😂
Sponsored

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find the stereo in the Badlands Bronco adequate for most needs, at high volume it sounds really good. I had teh BO lux package on a bronco and that sounded terrible at high volume. Go figure.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the midwoofer is very deep plus the stock plastic is flimsy.

Yes it does!
Smart move here. The one downside to my setup is that occasionally when I really have it cranked up it will knock the factory grill off on the driver's side.

Happy to got your system in bud! That sub enclosure is sweet! Very interesting! Could even add anchors on the top if you end up offroading to stow the gear.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weird question but did you flip the USB plug in the console area cause I swear mine is installed with the door opening to the left.

MisterBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Super cool. I'm thinking about maybe doing something similar with my new 2022 Wildtrak, cause the base 6-speaker system is underwhelming. How much did your retrofit run you?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weird question but did you flip the USB plug in the console area cause I swear mine is installed with the door opening to the left.
Yes, they flipped it due to the Helix conductor on the left side so I can open it without losing access to that.

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$7Kish... I decided to just get the best so I don't have to upgrade in the future, plus I plan to keep the Bronco for at least 8 years.
Yup...I think the base stereo is fine for me

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some guys have a Bronco with a stereo in it. Some guys have a sound system with a Bronco around it!

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Super cool. I'm thinking about maybe doing something similar with my new 2022 Wildtrak, cause the base 6-speaker system is underwhelming. How much did your retrofit run you?
OP said ~$7k, others replying have said they could do similar DIY for ~$2k. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP said ~$7k, others replying have said they could do similar DIY for ~$2k. 🤷‍♂️

The DSP is the main thing you need to get a system sounding great, the guy who owns the shop has his stock F150 with B&O system on a DSP and it sounds amazing with just a few 6" subs. However, I've liked stereos since I was a teenager and wanted to go 'all out' this time.

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
The DSP is the main thing you need to get a system sounding great, the guy who owns the shop has his stock F150 with B&O system on a DSP and it sounds amazing with just a few 6" subs. However, I've liked stereos since I was a teenager and wanted to go 'all out' this time.
I totally agree! I did the same as you back in the late 90’s with a two door Explorer and had Best Buy of all places load it up with the best stuff and a semi custom install. Was about $3k then with an alarm, Pioneer full range, Clarion deck and Rockford Fosgate 12s and amps. It hit very hard and sounded great but even with very competent install techs who involved me in the entire process I was constantly chasing interference and soundstage issues. Just too much wiring and components designed for rap-rock boom volume, not necessarily loud sound quality. After reading some install threads here and watching some install videos the most I’ll probably do is replace the base factory paper cone speakers and maybe source shallow 6.5 woofers for the kick panels. Enjoy your system and Bronco! 🔊🎶🤘

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very clever sub box. $7k is rich. I spent $2k and am pretty happy. Audio Control LC 5 1300 with kicker ks speakers all around and the kicker 12" downfire Comp RT. Not as loud as I would have expected but very clear sound at higher volume.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SPACE DEDICATED TO A SUB.
What about 2x smaller subs stashed under some seats or something...
or cut a hole in the back and install a metal box from under the vehicle.
or listen to Yacht Rock....

51410_full.jpg
The stinger off-road tailgate mounted sub and sub enclosure is a fantastic alternative and saves space with a lot of base (and weatherproof. I just made a whole write up about a much cheaper alternative than this, but typical for me and b6g, it hasn’t gained any traction.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The stinger off-road tailgate mounted sub and sub enclosure is a fantastic alternative and saves space with a lot of base (and weatherproof. I just made a whole write up about a much cheaper alternative than this, but typical for me and b6g, it hasn’t gained any traction.
the storage area looks like a perfect location for someone to develop something

71BXZd36ZvL._AC_SX679_.jpg