Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. I have a system proposal and am just trying to get some feedback/far more informed thoughts than my own on the design and components. Obviously good, clean and properly powered audio is important to me, but I’m definitely not an audiophile. Thanks.
I am not an audiophile either, that's why it made me laugh when I see the title "Sound Deadening - Speaker kit" as a component. Isn't that just the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish with the stereo system?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Re sub, yep getting the MTI Bronco Box with single Helix 10” sub. Great to know re Morel. Saw your fantastic system up thread, loving it? Anything you would do differently or change now that you’ve lived with it for a bit?
No... I'm very happy with it actually and have had no issues.

OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not an audiophile either, that's why it made me laugh when I see the title "Sound Deadening - Speaker kit" as a component. Isn't that just the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish with the stereo system?
The sound deadening for speakers is definitely necessary as a lot of times the door panels in cars tend to rattle/vibrate very easily around the midrange/midwoofer and near the subwoofer. No point spending cash on upgrades to cheap out on stuff like that at the end.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sound deadening for speakers is definitely necessary as a lot of times the door panels in cars tend to rattle/vibrate very easily around the midrange/midwoofer and near the subwoofer. No point spending cash on upgrades to cheap out on stuff like that at the end.
You know there are no speakers in the doors of a Bronco right?

Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put sound deadening behind the kick speakers, under the dash speakers and in the pods of the rear speakers. I also put sound deadening under the entire rear storage area where the sub is for no other reason than it is best practice. I honestly don't think it made any difference but with the sub, I didn't want additional rattling than what is already heard. Of course the wind noise drowns out the rattles... so that's nice!

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a JL 12W3v3 in the back, the passenger door on a 2 door, will rattle, when the bass drops. Speakers not being in a door doesn't mean a door won't rattle, necessarily. That being said, that is the only rattle I have, and I did no sound deadening at all.
Sponsored