First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I put two 112g dessicant packets in there yesterday—one in the storage side and one in the jack side—and pulled the storage side drain plug. Weather has been the same over past four days—no rain, high 90s during day, low 70s at night. And while the previous days showed condensation each morning, there was none today. Hopefully, this does it.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed this today on mine so I searched and found this thread. So some desiccant packets will do the trick? I have to really reconsider what I'm putting in there.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed condensation in the rear under floor storage. I have tried leaving it open and empty for a day to dry out. It appeared to dry out but then the next day I checked it and it was wet again. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

My concern is that it is going to get mildew or something over time.

Here is picture I took after opening it this afternoon to check.
@Berwolf - Did you ever take this into Ford for them to look at/log the issue with them? Just curious if they had any suggestions. Seems silly we'd have to put those stupid little moisture packets in there.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked my badlands up yesterday and there was quite a bit of water in that same storage pocket, not sure if it was from the dealership washing the truck before delivery or not.
Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 20210925_074603

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Berwolf - Did you ever take this into Ford for them to look at/log the issue with them? Just curious if they had any suggestions. Seems silly we'd have to put those stupid little moisture packets in there.
I did not report it yet. I had my bronco in for some soft top issues and forgot. I have to go back for the replacement and will bring it up then so they log it.

I just run it with the drain plugs out now and haven't seen the issue since.

Sponsored

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just noticed this today on mine so I searched and found this thread. So some desiccant packets will do the trick? I have to really reconsider what I'm putting in there.
I threw a rechargeable 112g packet back there, recharging it when it needs it, and I have not have an issue since.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since I have rubber floors and MVG, when it rained a few weeks ago, I ran with soft top up, glass windows up, rear soft panels off, to see how much rain got into the back. It turned out it was not a whole lot, but I’ll still run with panels on from now on unless I’m just caught in a sudden rain.

However, the point of this anecdote is that I checked my rear storage space, over which I have the rubber cargo mat. I had an air compressor stored in there that was in its original cardboard box, and the box was soaked, as was the compressor. I tossed the box and took the compressor out to dry it out and dried the storage area. Then put the compressor back, along with a folded towel to have handy just in general.

I have had zero rain or spills back there since then, but yesterday I looked in there for the first time since before, and it was wet in there. Compressor had moisture on it, and the towel was a little damp and smelled like mildew.

I guess I’ll try removing the drain plug to allow for ventilation.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of you who are looking for a workaround for this issue need to stop and report it to your dealer. There should not be moisture inside the vehicle and by using desiccant packs to try and resolve it on your own, you are not letting the information get back to Ford that there is a problem. Besides that, the desiccant in those packets is corrosive so I wouldn't be so quick to be leaving them in the vehicle just in case they break.

Sponsored

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not report it yet. I had my bronco in for some soft top issues and forgot. I have to go back for the replacement and will bring it up then so they log it.

I just run it with the drain plugs out now and haven't seen the issue since.
What are your soft top issues? Mine is not sitting right when half and full down, and it squeaks like a mother in half position.

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I drove through remnants of one of the big hurricanes that hit the east coast a few weeks ago (I forget which one, Sam?) and there have not been any other signs of water ingress in that storage compartment.

I think it might have been due to the detailers at the dealership prior to delivery.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score