First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm a day 4 reservation holder, switched to Granger in the fall of 2020, and have been waiting ever since for my manual trans Basesquatch 2 door with aux switches and modular bumper. Well, I got impatient and ordered a '22 Rubicon 2 door from Granger and have been driving it since the first part of March. All I can say is....

I want my Bronco!!! :cry:

Sure the Rubicon is kind of fun to drive, has all the bells and whistles that my Bronco won't have, but it just isn't the same! Just like every other Jeep that's been around for decades, they are everywhere and just kind of boring to me anymore. Gimme that simple interior, no dual zone, no heated seats/steering wheel, no fancy UConnect android audio, no Alpine sub sound system, etc. that this Jeep has.....I just want that beautiful 2 door Sasquatch Race Red Bronco that I still dream about every day!

So, for all those still waiting don't fall into temptation, it's just not the same! It's like I settled for the ugly girl at the dance instead of getting the beauty that I've been eyeballing all along!

That is all 🙃
Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont agree. The rubicon is a great looking vehicle that can out perform the bronco on how i use it. Going to the store. I take the bronco. Going to see friends. I take the bronco. Going on some sideways rocky tip my ass over stuff. I take the rubicon. I would not buy a jeep as a daily and never had. I bought my bronco to get places that would possibly need 4 wheel drive and not be tired from driving home.

OP
OP
TrailDust

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont agree. The rubicon is a great looking vehicle that can out perform the bronco on how i use it. Going to the store. I take the bronco. Going to see friends. I take the bronco. Going on some sideways rocky tip my ass over stuff. I take the rubicon. I would not buy a jeep as a daily and never had. I bought my bronco to get places that would possibly need 4 wheel drive and not be tired from driving home.
I wish I had your option and could keep both, but I will be trading in the Rubicon the day the Bronco hits the lot pavement! Don't get me wrong the Rubi is pretty sweet but just not giving me the warm fuzzy feeling I got when I was test driving the Broncos I've had the chance to.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree, they are everywhere. It wasn't that way with my '02 TJ. I rarely ever saw another wrangler on the road around my home town until about 6 or 7 years ago as the JK 4 door became popular. Now, I will not give up the wranglers - both the TJ and the JL have proven themselves. The TJ sucks on the highway but it's really hasn't been a highway vehicle for many years. The JL is lifted and on 37's and has very nice road manners for a Jeep. I actually like the look of the wrangler both inside and outside better than the Bronco. I am Looking forward to the Bronco Braptor and can't wait to get it on the road and trail. I see Jeep people dissing on Broncos and Bronco people dissing on Jeep. I'll have both and like my collection of Fords and Jeeps. It'll depend on my mood for the day which one is being driven.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm a day 4 reservation holder, switched to Granger in the fall of 2020, and have been waiting ever since for my manual trans Basesquatch 2 door with aux switches and modular bumper. Well, I got impatient and ordered a '22 Rubicon 2 door from Granger and have been driving it since the first part of March. All I can say is....

Sure the Rubicon is kind of fun to drive, has all the bells and whistles that my Bronco won't have, but it just isn't the same! Just like every other Jeep that's been around for decades, they are everywhere and just kind of boring to me anymore. Gimme that simple interior, no dual zone, no heated seats/steering wheel, no fancy UConnect android audio, no Alpine sub sound system, etc. that this Jeep has.....I just want that beautiful 2 door Sasquatch Race Red Bronco that I still dream about every day!

So, for all those still waiting don't fall into temptation, it's just not the same! It's like I settled for the ugly girl at the dance instead of getting the beauty that I've been eyeballing all along!

That is all 🙃
I did the exact same as you and bought a '22 Rubicon from Granger too. Got one of the first ones made back in early January and while it was "Ok" I just didn't love it. I priced selling it to one of those online companies, sold it last weekend and Driveway gave me almost $5K more than I paid for it. My plan was to keep a year or two until my Bronco came in but the way the economy is and with interest rates climbing I figured I wouldn't get this good of deal again. Now I'll wait it out for what I wanted all along which is my 2 dr Badlands. Hopefully I get it before I'm to old to drive. ☹

Ford Bronco Confessions of a '22 Rubicon owner..... IMG_5298

Ford Bronco Confessions of a '22 Rubicon owner..... IMG_5297

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
…… It's like I settled for the ugly girl at the dance instead of getting the beauty that I've been eyeballing all along!

That is all 🙃

OK, so you would rather be a wallflower instead of being on the dance floor.

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Owned a 2013 Unlimited for 5-years. It was a great SUV and I never encountered a problem.

The only Wrangler I truly want is the 392 V8. Jeep makes about 6k a year and 2023 may be it’s final year of production. It’s a totally different animal and that Hemi 6.4L rumble puts a grin on every owners face when they get behind the wheel.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hang in there. The Squatch is waiting for you as well.

sasquatch.gif

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree with this. My Bronco and Rubicons duties will overlap. The Bronco will be driven more and the Rubicon will be used for the hard core stuff. I wouldn’t take the Bronco the places I go with the Rubicon. If I was forced to only have one vehicle it would be a tough choice

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That is all 🙃
At least you got to dance!

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will disagree with this also. I love my Rubicon and Badlands. Would be a hard choice between the two if I had to pick.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sometimes its better to take the ugly girl than no girl at all...That pretty girl is teasing you with no end in sight.

Last edited: