First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do this and a how to write up would majorly appreciated by me and I'm sure many others on here!
(i) open the remote's case

(ii) solder wires to the terminals on both sides of the momentary microswitch that is depressed when you push the opener's button

(iii) run the wires to the aux switch of choice

(iv) stash the reassembled remote somewhere on the vehicle where it's out of the way, but you can get access every few years to change the battery.

BTDT -- not hard, just tedious if you would prefer to not destroy the remote case. Preferably done with a low-power soldering iron with a pencil tip to minimize heating of the remote's circuit board.

EDIT: I did not make clear that the wires need to be run to a relay, not directly to the 12V from the aux switch! See post #143 for the correct relay connections. Any auto parts store will have a suitable relay in its electrical section.

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, ths would be great! do you know how we remove the window in the MIC top, even if once? This would be great to know as I too am hopeful I can make them ‘removeable.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm gonna try and add a front camera to my Bronco, aftermarket, so I'm expecting to add one switch for that. (fingers crossed).
That could be as simple as a license plate mounted camera. What are those $100 max?

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do this and a how to write up would majorly appreciated by me and I'm sure many others on here!
Sure! I'll probably be one of the first things I do. I saw some tutorials over on some Jeep sites of similar hook ups.

Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure! I'll probably be one of the first things I do. I saw some tutorials over on some Jeep sites of similar hook ups.
Very kind of you!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That is not powering the winch (I hope) that is controlling the winch solenoid. Winches draw way to much current to run through a normal switch. You are likely energizing the solenoid and the other other switch is flipping the polarity to go in or out
I guess if I was to be a bit more technically correct I should put up a picture of a gas can, an engine, an alternator, and a battery. I will try to be better next time, promise. :)

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess if I was to be a bit more technically correct I should put up a picture of a gas can, an engine, an alternator, and a battery. I will try to be better next time, promise. :)
Just trying to keep people from burning their Broncos up..

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id run a relay to power the compressor anytime the ignition is in the on position. Being the bronco is push button and I haven't seen any of the wiring, idk how I'd go about that yet.
But yes you could use the switches.
In my push button start car, you just keep your foot off the brake or clutch (if manual) and press the start button, which puts it in ignition mode.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guys keep in mind that all the switches are wired from the factory to only work with the ignition on. By moving a fuse in the power distribution box you are able to make switches five and six run off of battery power, however. But also keep in mind that these are the two largest-rated circuits.
Sponsored