First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
piece of pie!
Warn 10k winch is rated at 502amps... pretty sure a 250amp would melt down.

no reason to add complexity..The winch has solenoids, you are adding a solenoid for the solenoid. Winch power cables directly to the battery. If you want, you can put in a battery disconnect. If you want to go high tech, a remote battery disconnect. Simple is a manual disconnect

Want both https://www.bluesea.com/products/7700/ML-RBS_Remote_Battery_Switch_with_Manual_Control_-_12V_DC_500A
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands standard package I don't think comes with the accessory rail. As low-tech as I am, I'm still bummed.

I'm gonna try and add a front camera to my Bronco, aftermarket, so I'm expecting to add one switch for that. (fingers crossed).

Eventual winch (if I get that).

Various lights (after market) if I get that.

Maybe an air-compressor and / or an additional outlet. I think the standard only gives me 2.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to derail this but is it confirmed that getting the switches eliminates the sunglasses holder? Real bummer if so.
Yeah it is

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
tell @ JesseS that.

:)

Warn 10k winch is rated at 502amps... pretty sure a 250amp would melt down.

no reason to add complexity..The winch has solenoids, you are adding a solenoid for the solenoid. Winch power cables directly to the battery. If you want, you can put in a battery disconnect. If you want to go high tech, a remote battery disconnect. Simple is a manual disconnect

Want both https://www.bluesea.com/products/7700/ML-RBS_Remote_Battery_Switch_with_Manual_Control_-_12V_DC_500A

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do we wire 'things' to the switches? Or do we need dealer to?
Bolt on the accessory and run the wires to the fuse box, the switches will be pre wired to relays there and you just plug em in boom bang easy peasy dont pay the dealership to do that, also don't electrocute yourself. It will be easy as pie, I remember when I was doing the lights for my jeep I had to cut through the firewall and not having to do that again makes me very very happy.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Foglights for modular bumper
Possibly light bar

I've heard of people doing 'polite horns' that do a quick 'ahem' honk instead of the standard honk, if you just need to catch someone's attention quickly.

I could take some switches and hook them up to an Arduino for extra shenanigans. On my Flex, long-pressing the Eject button turns on the heated seats / steering wheel so I don't have to wait for Sync to boot all the way, and lets me turn them off when in Android Auto. I could do something similar on the Bronco (although I believe Bronco has physical switches for heat). Even something as simple as pressing AUX3 switches the stereo back to USB when it decides to be stupid and revert to AM radio.

Take a page out of the Silverado handbook, AUX4 rolls down all windows with one button press.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buzzybud had a post where he linked to this site:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp

It shows different lighting zones. Looked like a good place to start for assigning aux switches. Was thinking of dedicating a switch to these zones:

1. Zone 3
2. Zones 1&2
3. Zone 4
4. Zone 7
You might want the fogs on a dedicated switch since they'll presumably the only street-legal aux lights.
Badlands standard package I don't think comes with the accessory rail. As low-tech as I am, I'm still bummed.
I wish we knew what was up with the accessory rail. Doesn't seem to be included in any of the packages and, unless I missed something, doesn't even seem to be an option as of yet.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might want the fogs on a dedicated switch since they'll presumably the only street-legal aux lights.
I wish we knew what was up with the accessory rail. Doesn't seem to be included in any of the packages and, unless I missed something, doesn't even seem to be an option as of yet.
Yep, looks like they want us to forget about it completely, hopefully the mount points will still be there and after market can fill the void.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's everyone planning to do with their switches? I can't think of how to utilize 6. Winch, fog lights, ditch lights, driving lights. That leaves 2 more.

On a similar note, anyone have plans for the accessory rail besides a GoPro? Gps? CB radio? Do we know how many power ports are on the top of the dash?
I imagine the picatinny rail will have a gazillion after market accessories. Since it's such a well know part in "that world" I bet they are already working on them and just waiting to hit the GO button!
As for the the switches. How would you wire those four things if you didn't have the switches?
I'm sure the Picatinny accessory guys are working on things to fill up your last two switches, too! :p

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, looks like they want us to forget about it completely, hopefully the mount points will still be there and after market can fill the void.
There's still about 150 accessories not shown yet. I'm betting the rail is one of them.
Sponsored