mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Camper here... for as often as I need a winch or compressor I’ll use a manual come-along or a portable 12V compressor.

1. left mirror-mounted pod light
2. right mirror-mounted pod light
3. red light bar and/or infrared light for night-time campsite driving (not sure if the front camera switches to IR in the dark)
4. Cargo area lighting for tailgate backpack/meal prep
5. Open
6. Open

list of maybe’s:
- auxiliary rapid heater for the cabin
- heated rear seats
- more internal lights
- more external lights
- engine block heater circuit with 2nd battery
- power disconnect for trailer lights (a nice redundancy when launching boats)
- charging circuit for camper/trailer/backup /accessory battery
- power disconnect for any random fused circuit in the truck that’s inconvenient to disable otherwise (auto stop/start? Door lights? Usb outlets? ...not sure)

I’ll also add a switched work light under the hood. One of those things that you rarely need but are thankful for it when you do. Some folks may want something like that connected to an aux switch.
I just use a mercury switch for underhood lights hood up light on toggle if you want hood up for long periods.
Sponsored

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Land Cruiser, and Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a manager for a utility company, I'm on job sites fairly frequently.

1) Front Light Bar- White
2) Front Light Bar- Amber
3) Puddle Lamps (Ground Lights)
4) Trail Lights (Front bumper low facing)
5) Go-Light LED searchlight (mounting location TBD)
6) Front, Rear, sides Amber LED strobes
Do you have a remote or arm lever for #5?

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only dumbass that thinks electricity is the most confusing thing ever? Amps, volts, watts, ohms...it hertz my head just thinking about it.
No its just that you cant see a leak only feel it!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No its just that you cant see a leak only feel it!
But you can draw a good analogy between fluid flow and electricity.

Volts ~> Water Pressure; How much stored energy is in the system / potential to do work.
Amps ~> Current ~>Water flow rate
Ohms ~> Resistance ~> The size of the pipe

Watts = Volts*Amps ~> Water Pressure*Volumetric Flow. How much power is required. Think sizing a pump.

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's everyone planning to do with their switches? I can't think of how to utilize 6. Winch, fog lights, ditch lights, driving lights. That leaves 2 more.

On a similar note, anyone have plans for the accessory rail besides a GoPro? Gps? CB radio? Do we know how many power ports are on the top of the dash?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But you can draw a good analogy between fluid flow and electricity.

Volts ~> Water Pressure; How much stored energy is in the system / potential to do work.
Amps ~> Current ~>Water flow rate
Ohms ~> Resistance ~> The size of the pipe

Watts = Volts*Amps ~> Water Pressure*Volumetric Flow. How much power is required. Think sizing a pump.
Yup thats how i was taught just dont stick your finger in it to see what kind of fluid it is 👍

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Land Cruiser, and Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only dumbass that thinks electricity is the most confusing thing ever? Amps, volts, watts, ohms...it hertz my head just thinking about it.
Read up about Nicholi Tesla
Read about Nikola Tesla, and then the confusion will make sense.

Sponsored

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Foglights for modular bumper
Possibly light bar

I've heard of people doing 'polite horns' that do a quick 'ahem' honk instead of the standard honk, if you just need to catch someone's attention quickly.

I could take some switches and hook them up to an Arduino for extra shenanigans. On my Flex, long-pressing the Eject button turns on the heated seats / steering wheel so I don't have to wait for Sync to boot all the way, and lets me turn them off when in Android Auto. I could do something similar on the Bronco (although I believe Bronco has physical switches for heat). Even something as simple as pressing AUX3 switches the stereo back to USB when it decides to be stupid and revert to AM radio.

Take a page out of the Silverado handbook, AUX4 rolls down all windows with one button press.
I like all windows down. How do we wire that ?

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a Black Diamond so forced into them. The horse horn is pretty good. I hope I can wire two others to a garage door opener. If I can do all that, I'll be happy. Otherwise I might end up with 5 different horns and I'll train my dog to fetch a beer when he hears Chewbacca or something.
When you figure out how to wire garage door opener let us know

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth on the switches and just couldn't justify them - possible I could use one or two at the most, but having a bunch of switches up there doing nothing bothers me. I do want some accessory lights, but I'll get the switches I need when I need them.

As for the accessory rail - I've not seen it or heard anything about it recently. I suspect it will end up as an accessory available next year. But should be easy to add to MY2021 units.
What model are you getting ?

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's everyone planning to do with their switches? I can't think of how to utilize 6. Winch, fog lights, ditch lights, driving lights. That leaves 2 more.

On a similar note, anyone have plans for the accessory rail besides a GoPro? Gps? CB radio? Do we know how many power ports are on the top of the dash?
To activate my Mark 36 Super Rapid Bloom Offboard Countermeasures Chaff and Decoy Launching System (abbreviated as SRBOC) to deflect in coming missiles launched from a Jeep.
Sponsored