First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking for people to hold my hand and console me as I go through the infamous “Chip Hold”. 😞😞😞😞
I really want to here from people who have had there dealer or Chat confirm chip hold. Has anyone ever gotten off of chip hold and had their Bronco delivered?
Sponsored

dfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Volvo V70
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m wondering the exact same thing (and seems like I started a thread at the exact same time!) I’ve been in production since 3/21, marked as “produced” two weeks ago, but am on a chip hold as of last Friday with an estimated completion date of 5/13, although that seems to be what they are telling everybody. I too am wondering if anyone who has been banished to purgatory recently has escaped.

I was under the impression that the December and January chip hold people were on “ice mountain” for a discrete issue with bad modules, and a huge chunk of builds from those weeks were delayed but maybe I am wrong. Right now it seems like a certain percentage each week are just not being completed as the line runs out of chips.

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh... great... new build groups to dilute the dirt mountain / ice mountain/ whateverthefuck mountain. Wonder how many of these new chip holds will be sent out before the January builds.
Are there still dirt mountain people out there from last year? Yikes!

I'm stuck on ice mountain, 3 months and counting. They tell me EDD of 5/4-5/10. I don't believe them. Don't anticipate getting my Bronco anytime soon.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just check the build week share sheets for 1/10 through 1/24 especially. See link in my signature-scroll within. You will see all the data you are asking about.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chip hold since 1/14. Last known EDD was 4/25. No indication it's coming anytime soon.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looking at build weeks i have no idea how this works. there are 106 builds this week, how are they not allocating chips for previous builds is beyond me. it seems logical to do so.

Sponsored

dfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Volvo V70
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was under the impression the early Jan chip holds were for a different thing that effected almost everybody in those weeks rather than just a few, is that not correct?

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m wondering the exact same thing (and seems like I started a thread at the exact same time!) I’ve been in production since 3/21, marked as “produced” two weeks ago, but am on a chip hold as of last Friday with an estimated completion date of 5/13, although that seems to be what they are telling everybody. I too am wondering if anyone who has been banished to purgatory recently has escaped.

I was under the impression that the December and January chip hold people were on “ice mountain” for a discrete issue with bad modules, and a huge chunk of builds from those weeks were delayed but maybe I am wrong. Right now it seems like a certain percentage each week are just not being completed as the line runs out of chips.
Almost the exact same timeline for me. 3/18 blend, 3/21 built according to customer service, but the official status was still "In Production" initial delivery estimate of 4/1-4/8, which never changed even while it sat unfinished outside of MAP. No updates, status changes, or reason for delay until Monday when I was officially told I was on chip hold. New ETA of 5/7-5/13, like everybody else. The customer service rep I spoke to on the phone today was pretty blunt, and said that most of those pushed ETAs have not been accurate.

Meanwhile there are plenty of threads like this:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-service-soon-and-other-error-messages.40656/
I don't know if all of the failed modules on broncos built around the time ours were is part of a related issue or not, but if they are waiting on the same module we are that's one less module to go around.

If there is any chance the ETAs they are giving people are even close to accurate it seems like we'd have to see a whole lot of movement in the next few days. Like, a clearly visible to us, people starting threads about it amount of movement. If they don't start clearing out those holding lots next week, I'm going to start shopping for something else. Because that means the hold is basically indefinite, and somebody totaled my car and I need transportation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have rather them have not started my build. Now it’s going to be sitting out in the sun and weather for months……

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Confirmed today I am still on chip hold. Although the lady said "you are built but are on a chip hold"....uh what F do you mean lady????? Pick a side

EDD 5/11-5/17.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed today I am still on chip hold. Although the lady said "you are built but are on a chip hold"....uh what F do you mean lady????? Pick a side

EDD 5/11-5/17.
Means the put it together missing some module. It would be nice for them to tell us what modules we are waiting on.
Sponsored