First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When we got the FE obviously the roof rack wasn't an option. So we ordered a 2 door with the roof rack just because. So first time taking it off I measured and it looked like it would fit.

The ford roof rack on 4 door goes to the first most forward grip groove on the back of the top. On the 2 door this placement is on the back. Without modification it just bolts straight up on both. Even though ford has 2 different part numbers for a 2 or 4 door roof rack. I figured the 4 door one was just longer and attached to the rear grip area. Anyways. Just letting yall know I know alot of people online looking for roof racks. Me included lol.

Ford Bronco Confirmed! 2 door roof rack fits on 4 door 20220325_134017
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice experimental win!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I figured that was the case. I think it's even been mentioned before. You only have to look at a four-door roof rack one time and realize it wasn't made for the four door.

Stupid looking.

But glad you confirmed it. So when I replace my factory four-door roof rack, my marketing audience just doubled :)

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I panicked when I put my 4-door roof rack on my 4-door Bronco and it slotted into the forward most slots. Had to look up photos to make sure I didnā€™t order or receive the wrong roof rackšŸ˜…

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I panicked when I put my 4-door roof rack on my 4-door Bronco and it slotted into the forward most slots. Had to look up photos to make sure I didnā€™t order or receive the wrong roof rackšŸ˜…
right ! it hurts your brain at first but it actually looks good on it. since im not taking the doors and roof off the 4 door, there it sits.

Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed it looks good. Mine is in the garage right now until next ski/snowboard season.

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Questionā€¦are the cross bars moveable along the roof rails to be adjusted in different locations?

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When we got the FE obviously the roof rack wasn't an option. So we ordered a 2 door with the roof rack just because. So first time taking it off I measured and it looked like it would fit.

The ford roof rack on 4 door goes to the first most forward grip groove on the back of the top. On the 2 door this placement is on the back. Without modification it just bolts straight up on both. Even though ford has 2 different part numbers for a 2 or 4 door roof rack. I figured the 4 door one was just longer and attached to the rear grip area. Anyways. Just letting yall know I know alot of people online looking for roof racks. Me included lol.

Ford Bronco Confirmed! 2 door roof rack fits on 4 door 20220325_134017
My 4 door roof rack is exactly the same mounting pointsā€¦

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Questionā€¦are the cross bars moveable along the roof rails to be adjusted in different locations?
Yes. There is a forward mounting option. It is right behind the front uprights. I have a 2 door and moved the middle bar to the front position for hauling a kayak. I think it comes factory in the middle position to make the roof panels easier to remove and a more unobstructed sky veiw.

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. There is a forward mounting option. It is right behind the front uprights. I have a 2 door and moved the middle bar to the front position for hauling a kayak. I think it comes factory in the middle position to make the roof panels easier to remove and a more unobstructed sky veiw.
Help me out here: 4 dr roof rack will fit on a 2dr or other way around?

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I figured this was the case but haven't tried it. I wonder why they have different part numbers for 2 and 4 door. Even the parts diagram shows 2 different part numbers for the side rails. There must be some kind of difference or they would spec the same part number like the rest of the parts. Could the ones from the parts/accessories dept be different than what we get on a build?

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is a game changer because several 2 dr owners like me that failed to order with racks are regretting it while many 4dr owners have already taken racks off for aftermarket stuff.

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Help me out here: 4 dr roof rack will fit on a 2dr or other way around?
Honestly if he used a 2DR roof rack on a 4DR, and I used a 4DR Roof Rack on a 4DR and it's the same size... Ford is selling the same shit but marketing as two different items. Always wondered why the most rear mounting point isn't being used. That's probably where the actual 4DR should be going.

flattops

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on this post I thought I could buy an OEM rack from a 4-door and install it on my 2-door. That is not the case. The front to back dimensions are ok. But the side to side dimensions at the rear crossbar do not work. See photo. The rear cross bar from a 4 door is about 3/8ā€ too wide for a 2-door. I suspect the 4-door MIC is 3/8ā€ wider at the forward clamp/mount point as compared to the clamp/mount point on the 2-door.

C64FCBE0-4F99-47A7-9BA7-B0FD4700FFD6.jpeg
Sponsored