First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish there was a way to order a 2 door with the soft top only. That's all I want, and there's probably going to be a glut of MIC tops being sold on the second hand market once the modular top is ready. I'm also road tripping to Granger, so trying to come home with two tops makes things complicated.
Sponsored

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I guess we're not ordering anything on December 7th...
It is my understanding that any orders placed in that Dec-Jan time frame will be built in reservation time stamp order. I see no reason to place the actual order till the last half of January.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is great news and I was hoping someone else was gonna say it but allow me....I hope they offer one in white!!!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t drop the bolts down the wheel well. Probably going to stuff a piece of pool noodle in the well just in case.
Or some duct tape on the outside of the socket onto the bolt. Once it is started you should be good.

Reactions: P.C

Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fantastic news! This makes my day,can’t wait. Luv the 2dr soft top. Will look great with CO

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or you could install it yourself as long as you're not prone to dropping bolts in wheel wells.

I bet the sunrider is very easy to install at home in your garage, whatever that looks like.
I think in the future the bolts could end up replaced by a knob or quarter turn fastener or pin of some sort. That way and I guess they could anyway but they could be on a retainer cable so they dont get dropped.

However it ends up Im not one of the ones that thinks this is complex at all. I had 4 or 50 different CJ full soft tops and each one was unique it its own random flimsy way. One jeep had 3 different tops on it over a few years. I dont think any bolt holes were even compatible. This top is a handful of clips and a few bolts grouped in on spot that doubles ans a good smugglers hold.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish there was a way to order a 2 door with the soft top only. That's all I want, and there's probably going to be a glut of MIC tops being sold on the second hand market once the modular top is ready. I'm also road tripping to Granger, so trying to come home with two tops makes things complicated.
In 10 years craigslist is gonna be lousy with spare 2 door hardtops. But honestly tops get torn up in the woods. I killed 3 in a weekend side hilling around trees in slop. So maybe this is Ford secret way of making sure replacements are plentiful for the hardcore while also making an extra buck.

Sponsored

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will get updated next year, in the early part of next year, and what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year is that every dealer orderable accessory will be up and you will know about those so you can check the box when you place the order with your dealer. Then, all the dealer channel accessories, things like this soft top that you see right here that you’re going to get when you actually take possession of the vehicle, those will be updated later.
Can someone explain what the difference is between a dealer orderable accessory and a dealer channel accessory?

BroncZ13

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco XLT, 94 F150 I6 5spd, 17 Cadillac CT6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Third paragraph... "According to Ford, this Bestop option includes sides and allows the Bronco to be fully weathertight."
Sponsored