First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having a hard time deciding what bronco to order. Going back and fourth between a BD and Badlands. I’m going to order a hard top no matter what way I go. So I know they’ll be a wait. Does anyone know if there are models that get build quicker? Would a non SAS BD get built quicker than a non SAS Badlands?
No, not necessarily.
Sponsored

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed (by Site) Update: 2023 Bronco Order Banks to open 3/27, but no Base Model, Everglades, Manual Transmission available.

Badlands, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Heritage Edition, Outer Banks and Wildtrak will be available.
Will 2-door broncos be available to order? I just got an email from a local dealership saying Ford is only taking 4-door orders on March 27.

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Will 2-door broncos be available to order? I just got an email from a local dealership saying Ford is only taking 4-door orders on March 27.
It depends if they have any available 2 door allocations. If they do not, that may be why they are telling you only 4 doors. Only 10% of allocations this go around are 2 door.

I have been on a 2 door list since May 2022 at my dealership.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not surprised about no Base, but also bummed for all y'all who wanted one. Ford is simply not making enough money off that trim to sell when they have so much control over the market demand. When questionably $500 in non-constrained parts jumps them up a whole $4K. It's basically corporate Ford baking in some ADM of their own.

I'm guessing the 7MT is to give getrag a year to fix the grinding issue.

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No Base is simply $$$, The manufacturer cost difference between a $35k base model 1/2 ton and $90k AT4x is probably less than $15k. So if you can only build 1 of when which would you rather sell? The one you make $5k on, or the one you make $50k on? We're seeing all car companies do this, they are limiting low trims because they are less profitable. It costs very little for the company between the lowest trim and the highest.

Not surprising but this is where Ford really seems to fails customers, and not news but it's just another demonstration of how Ford is not really working for the customer they are working for the dealers. GM is not really any better with their SUV's/trucks they just don't have as much demand.

Ford clearly knows their dealer allocations now, and their estimated breakdown of trims/options. It would be easy for them to police dealers ensuring that they don't take 100 orders (and in some cases orders with non-refundable deposits) for vehicles when their dealer allocation is 20. That way dealers could not rope customers into order slots that might not be filled till 2025, as we've heard some dealers have already dipped well into their 24' allocations, and probably 25' after Monday. On top of that Ford is now basically strong arming customers into ordering whatever Ford wants them to (but of course still teasing them with trim/options unlikely to be built) and offering no price protection, and no model year order carry over. If you wait two years and don't like it, the dealer is happy to keep your non-refundable deposit, and send you to the back of the line at another dealer that won't tell you their allocation or where you are in their order stack either.

Meanwhile the customer has no way of avoiding this trap unless you can find a dealer that is going to be up front about not only their allocation but the breakdown of their orders, which at least from the 20-30 dealers I've talked to in the last 2-3 weeks, they will not do. Even if they did, given the last couple years of horror stories from basically every manufacturer's customers would you even believe them if they gave you #'s. I wouldn't unless they physically show me their computer screen.

5 years ago, pre-covid insanity people though car companies and dealers were pretty reputable, turns out it was clearly that they just didn't have enough leverage over buyers to show their true colors.

Sponsored

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’ve been under the impression that my build for Monday’s open order bank is pretty solid give it has not major constraints (Black Diamond, 4 door, soft top, mid and no SAS). But I just saw a video from Long MacArthur on YouTube and he said even though it hasn’t been published, his dealership knows that Black Diamond is very constrained at less than 10%?? I think he may have mispoke but he said less than 10% BD will be produced but it isn’t in the email that has gone out with constraints listed. I’m confused. Why isn’t this listed?

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends if they have any available 2 door allocations. If they do not, that may be why they are telling you only 4 doors. Only 10% of allocations this go around are 2 door.

I have been on a 2 door list since May 2022 at my dealership.
The dealership mentioned having 56 allocations….10 of which would be 2-door…they’d stated this one my first call with them a few days back…but I was thinking the same as you in that they’re already at the 10 allocation cap.

jeepvsbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
do we know what time the order banks open on Monday?

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was strongly considering a wildtrak for a second build, but what on Earth is with these prices?!?! I just re-did my current build and it was 10k more? They are officially gouging with the new prices on the same old problems. 1900 for a MIC? No thanks...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was strongly considering a wildtrak for a second build, but what on Earth is with these prices?!?! I just re-did my current build and it was 10k more? They are officially gouging with the new prices on the same old problems. 1900 for a MIC? No thanks...
If I wanted a soft top, and was ordering today, I'd get the dual tops just to sell the hardtop for $6000.

BadBuckeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck to everyone lining up their orders for Monday. Like many here I waited almost 2 years… all I can say is it is damn well worth it!

PSA: my dealer Krieger Ford in Columbus treated me very fairly. My salesman Kevin Hundley was excellent, best vehicle buying experience I’ve ever had. They have an expected new allocation of 30, and he’s only got 3 orders lined up for Monday and he’s open to talking with other potential buyers. You can text Kevin at: (614) 470-2907

Best of luck to everyone!

BadSasG6

Badlands
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor 37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, prices are not going to go down… ever. Bad news for people waiting to order or waiting to get built beyond MY23, the more expensive it is going to be here on out.

Good news for MY23 and older models. The continuous price increases are going to help current Bronco owners maintain their value longer.

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve been under the impression that my build for Monday’s open order bank is pretty solid give it has not major constraints (Black Diamond, 4 door, soft top, mid and no SAS). But I just saw a video from Long MacArthur on YouTube and he said even though it hasn’t been published, his dealership knows that Black Diamond is very constrained at less than 10%?? I think he may have mispoke but he said less than 10% BD will be produced but it isn’t in the email that has gone out with constraints listed. I’m confused. Why isn’t this listed?
My dealership just said no lux, no Sasquatch, no hard top, and only high package can be ordered. Seems Ford and the dealerships are just picking and choosing what they want as opposed to making what the customer wants. If they are not building base, Everglades, and manual trans, then that’s fine but they need to be clear and upfront with what they can or can’t do across the board.
Sponsored