Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What we'll need to do on this forum is create a list, maybe by state, and note the number of units, color, trim level, and any significant options (Squatch, high, lux) at each dealer we're near. That would help each of us figure out where we need to drive to see the color or trim level we're ordering.

This forum has been a life line for those of us who would otherwise be in the dark.

@Administrator - any way we can put this on the to-do list?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What we'll need to do on this forum is create a list, maybe by state, and note the number of units, color, trim level, and any significant options (Squatch, high, lux) at each dealer we're near. That would help each of us figure out where we need to drive to see the color or trim level we're ordering.

This forum has been a life line for those of us who would otherwise be in the dark.

That is an excellent idea. For a 4-dr buyer, they likely have no interest in seeing a 2-dr locally and would travel to see an actual 4-dr. A squatch buyer really needs to see how huge the Bronco is squatched.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Love it!
I can go report on 3 Ford dealerships in philly area

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm concerned about this too. It's a main reason I haven't hounded any local dealers to see AMB on an F150 yet. "Oh you want me to spend my time to show you a vehicle you aren't going to buy?"
I always tell the salesman I’m just here to check out the colors when I go look at the sports. I let them know I already have a reservation and I don’t want to waste their time. I’ve done it 4 diff dealers so far. No one seems to mind. Might be diff for a test drive though

Unless the dealer principal drives it home and uses it personally.
first sport I went to look at that’s exactly what happened. The dealership owner took it home for the day lol

Autotrader is great for this when it comes to color and 4door/door. For the rest of the options in the dealer inventories we’ll have to rely on B6G

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty set on my Bronco build but if I see one in person who knows, it might make me "call an audible" before I get to the salesman's desk to order.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I will say that reserving, and ordering a vehicle I haven't seen or touched would be one of the strangest deals I've ever made. So, with the off chance that I may actually get to see, touch, and even drive a Bronco was unexpected, but surely appreciated. I was going to buy anyway. I mean there's isn't any ground breaking mechanics in the Bronco to begin with. It's on the Ranger platform, and Ford has built 4X4's for ever. And, the 2.3/2.7L engines along with the 10 spd tranny has been in use for several years now. It just a bunch of the same stuff wrapped in different clothing.

Oh and BTW, if your wondering if there will be any manuals in the bunch, don't hold your breath. Ford will want to attract as many test drivers as possible, and a manual transmission will not be the optimum way to do that.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With regards to ordering before seeing or driving one, I've only done that with used vehicles. One came on a truck from a reliable seller and I had driven a model similar but not exactly the same.

The other one was bought and then they put it on a truck which dropped off at a shipyard, RORO boat to Virginia, and I picked it up after dealing with customs. Other than pics, my first in person view was after driving through a shipyard to a back lot where it was parked. I then drove it 8 hours home. I had a vague notion of what it would drive like but had not driven one before.

Moral of the story...you can survive buying a vehicle sight unseen and with no pre-order drive. Mine was a hell of a truck that would spank move vehicles off road...100% stock except for the tires.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is the step-in height as compared to an F150 4x4?
I wasn’t allowed to sit in it, but it didn’t seem any worse than my f-150. (It was a badlands model, so sitting on 33s)

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At this point, I'd pay a couple hundred dollars to drive one with the MT before I order.