Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure this is how it will go down if I get a hold of a Bronco mannequin...

2vn6yf.png
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Order First then test drive?
There’s a snooty-ass Honda dealer near me that does this. Wont let you test drive unless you commit to buying. Told him to piss off (ok, maybe just in my head) and went and bought an Explorer.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how wanting a test drive at a dealership I don't have a reservation at will play out considering my reservation is a 7 hour drive and multiple states away.
Lots of people don't have a reservation at all. Once there is a chance of a sale there will be plenty of test drives.
I could see so much demand for a test drive that you cant get one.
Just seeing a bronco in person will be great.
But don't expect to see Broncos at dealers any time soon. There are too few Broncos right now.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts exactly... I don’t sure a true incentive for dealers to do this. For dealers to pull a salesman off the floor to tend to these already ordered customers -OR- customers who don’t have an order and can’t get into a Bronco for 18 months doesn’t sound to me like a great plan (from a management perspective).
The lines will look like a March 2020 toilet paper line.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There’s a snooty-ass Honda dealer near me that does this. Wont let you test drive unless you commit to buying. Told him to piss off (ok, maybe just in my head) and went and bought an Explorer.
I would have told them to piss off.

Actually, I did at a Mazda dealer when the Mazdaspeed 3 first came out. They looked at the 20 something in shorts and a band t-shirt and asked for $1000 deposit on an order for one for I could get within 20 feet of it. So I proceeded to test drive every other model on the lot (they were a VW dealer too) before asking if it wouldn't have been a better spend of time to let me take 10 minutes in the vehicle I wanted.

Fun fact: Test drove it at another dealership without the BS and ended up hating it. Bought a Sentra Spec V instead.

Sponsored

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No test drives for this guy until a stick shift shows up at my dealer, "mannequin" or regular stock at some point down the road. (Do any other current Ford vehicles share the same manual transmission?)

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh boy, lots of questions. I'm going off of our experience with our FCTP Mach-E and Bronco Sport, so if the process changes, you'll likely know it.

These units will be series production, so they will arrive at the beginning of customer deliveries. We will have to have them in our loaner/FCTP fleet for 7 months regardless of mileage. We can't retail it before 7 months or we risk losing our allocation for customer ordered Broncos. We don't get to pick our units, they are ordered and spec'd by Ford. We have to track the mileage and have rental agreements for that purpose.

Thanks for sharing. Not clear to me how this benefits reservation holders before the order window closes.

seems like this is simply way to drive walk in retail traffic for 2022 orders.

they should have had these delivered well in advance of the ordering window.
These units will be series production, so they will arrive at the beginning of customer deliveries.

Whoohoo this makes me super happy! Bc I wasn't sure if even get to see one at an Auto Show in 21!!

Hope my dealer gets a BLs!! So if I'm reading that right though after 7 months they can sell it?!
We'll be able to sell it after 7 months of service.

If the dealers have these on the lot before the order window closes and they can sell them 7 months later...before almost all of us get our Broncos.
These units will be series production, so they will arrive at the beginning of customer deliveries. You'll likely be able to test drive before your unit arrives, unless you're one of the first units produced.

While this is cool, If I’m reading this right then these mannequins aren’t even going to be shipped until production units receive the “ok to buy”. Which means dealers won’t be getting any of these mannequins until well after any of us have placed orders.

If someone has a better understanding of Job 1/receiving the “ok to buy”, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Correct. OKTB is the final signoff and starts the process of shipping cars to the dealerships. Job 1 is the first production run, subsequent jobs usually include minor updates and changes.

Will mannequins be fully drivable and available for test drives or are they only for the showroom?
Fully drivable.

These will definitely draw traffic to the dealers. Much like when VW release the “new” Beetle or Nissan’s GTR...dealers were pushing hard to have customers walk out with a different car.

I can see someone walking in to check out the new Bronco and leaving in a new Focus, Edge or Bronco Sport.
Focus was discontinued after the 2018 Model Year.

"The unique in-service timing requirement is driven by the expectation that there will be no stock units available for 21MY due to demand from Bronco reservation holders."

So, the dealers aren't expected to get any inventory for the 2021 model year, or maybe within seven months.
Ford anticipates that they have enough reservations to build out the 2021 MY capacity as all customer orders. These FCTP units will be the only dealer stock available, and they can only be sold after 7 months of service.

They'll be fully functional units that the dealership can sell once Ford has switched over to my22 (the 7 month reference). Now, whether the dealer near you parks it on the floor and refuses to let anybody drive it, that's a different animal.
A dealer could park it and not demo it, but I don't see why, test driving and demonstration is what we're receiving them for and will drive future sales.

Order First then test drive?
Yes

My dealer just said that these Broncos will most likely show up after the order banks close. ? Hope he’s wrong.
He is correct, these will arrive at the beginning of customer deliveries.

Probably not.

One will be in the showroom to attract 2023 buyers. If you are lucky, you will be able to sit in it.

The second one will be in the driveway of the dealership owner, or whoever offers them the highest amount of cash to "borrow" it for 7 months.
Some dealers might do that, but most would be wise to offer it as a test drive to drive reservations/orders for 2022. The additional orders generated from demoing the truck would be worth way more than a one-off transaction or parking it in the driveway of the owner.

Well the Opt in was 15-JAN so maybe a month after that?
These will be series production, so at beginning of customer deliveries.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford: You will now be charged an extra $1,600 for the auto tranny.

Me: Damnit Ford!! What the hell? I have half a mind to cancel my reservation here and now!!!

Ford: Look, a mannequin.

Me: Oooh!.....Where do I sign?
Yet, some think Ford doesn't know what they're doing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer says they opted in, but they don't expect them until after the order deadline date ...

So, this is not helpful unless you slip to MY 22.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is great news! I wonder if we need to make an appointment to test drive. Name the time and place and I'll be there as long as I can drive it!
...I just dropped my dealer an email..about the notice..and to add my name to the list for a test drive..before we get to order...maybe me bugging this guy will help...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope not. It is a sure fire way to kill OBX orders by shipping a Roast seating with Navy Pier dash and vice versa. Also, not it for the Soul Glo Edition.
Those certainly are not going to dealers if they can be sold at some point.
Sponsored