First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Late 2021 is maybe too long a wait for me. I was hoping to have a new car by spring or summer of next year.

I'm still up in the air about a manual sasquatch. I'll most likely split the difference and just get a Black Diamond and some larger tires to fill in the wheel wells and call it a day.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They said that initially w/velocity blue too. They've backpedalled a bit. Pretty sure they are just cya for once orders go in and there are production delays and this same mob wants to know when deliveries are gonna start. I'm happy they reconsidered this one! I'm happy we got a manual trans at all! I'm ok w/waiting to get what I want...waited 25 years after all. MANSQUATCH FOR EVER!
This is what I'm hoping for, but if I have to wait an extra couple of months for my BadManSquatch, then so be it!

giphy.gif

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.
Love how they snuck in a change from September to October for BNP. So it was originally thought to be august from a “reliable source,” then it was by September, which then also included all of September, and now has apparently changed to October. Brutal.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or, there are. The actual torque at the tire in the lowest gear (crawler for manual 2.3L and first for the auto 2.7L) ...
Yes, that's the conjecture that people here keep repeating. I'll believe it when I hear it from Ford.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that's the conjecture that people here keep repeating. I'll believe it when I hear it from Ford.
No, it's just basic math...we know the torque the motor puts out and the gearing for every component from the transmission to the transfer case to the differential. For all intents and purposes it's crawl ratio times max engine torque.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, it's just basic math...we know the torque the motor puts out and the gearing for every component from the transmission to the transfer case to the differential. For all intents and purposes it's crawl ratio times max engine torque.
Sorry, I was referring to your entire post, I just didn't want to clog up the thread by quoting it all again.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am currently doing the "Squatch Dance". Getting my Big Bend with Sasquatch Package. Just because I can. Nuff said.:)

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t Mike say September originally? LOL.
"'By September' includes October, because they are next to each other on a calendar."

Last edited:

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Availability: Late 2021.
So the mansquatch adds 6 months to build time......
Quite possibly, yes. There was a reason they didn't do this initially. Some components probably had to be modified in order to make this work. Which would explain why we didn't hear anything from the beginning of July when people started asking Ford to build it this way, till last week when they showed pictures of them testing it. Now if new parts are required they have to contract a supplier and that supplier has retool a production line and work it into their schedule. The next question will be how much more will the Sasquatch package be with the manual trans.