Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they did do research. But looking at Jeep's manual numbers going down every year, including the "most capable" Rubicon variant, might cause you to believe there isn't demand (especially since they represent a large majority of the off road market). And in your own direct research, you are only going to reach 10's to 100's of people at the most.

Now that it is out in the wild (as it were) you can get feedback from your community - and they are still only hearing from a vocal percentage. B6G at 10k members is less than 10% of the reservation number. Good for them for listening and pivoting quickly.
I totally agree with you on this, except one point.

The Bronco can only be had with deep crawling gears in a manual.

That pushes everyone who prioritizes crawling over easy driving into a 7M.

Jeeps get the deep crawling gears in the Transfer Case.
Auto transmissions have an advantage over manuals on rocks.
This is why manual Jeeps are getting rarer.

For the Bronco, this is where all of the extra engineering with the one pedal driving comes into play.
That's all really nice.

As long as you would be happy with a 40-50ish crawl ratio.

I think Ford got caught *very* flat footed by the 7M's popularity.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
cant wait to see how the 7MT holds up to modding because 400 wtq or more should be attainable on the 2.3 with bolt ons and tune and even more with Ethanol tunes, upgraded turbo etc.Hopefully the factory specs are very conservative.
Max rating of the 7M is 405ft lbs of torque.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally agree with you on this, except one point.

The Bronco can only be had with deep crawling gears in a manual.

That pushes everyone who prioritizes crawling over easy driving into a 7M.

As long as you would be happy with a 40-50ish crawl ratio.
Nope 68:1 will work just fine ;) There was a time the I was 64:1 in my XJ with the Tera-Low 4:1 I only went to a 5:1 Atlas for durability, not lack of gear. The 4:1 unit had a 3k RPM limit & max 3rd gear use and a couple of club members had the planetary gears separate on the trail. This put me at 80:1 Which was amazing, almost never touched the brakes.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they did do research. But looking at Jeep's manual numbers going down every year, including the "most capable" Rubicon variant, might cause you to believe there isn't demand (especially since they represent a large majority of the off road market). And in your own direct research, you are only going to reach 10's to 100's of people at the most.

Now that it is out in the wild (as it were) you can get feedback from your community - and they are still only hearing from a vocal percentage. B6G at 10k members is less than 10% of the reservation number. Good for them for listening and pivoting quickly.
As a 7 year owner of a manual JK, the decline may be due to the overall quality of the driving experience. Having owned and driven many 3 pedaled vehicles, the JK left a lot to be desired and was by far my least favorite. By way of comparison, my TJ was one of my favorites. I believe most of it has to do with switching to a drove by wire throttle. I test drove a JL and the improvement was marginal at best.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One big thing thats holding me back from committing to the Sasquatch pkg on my manual Black Diamond is the fact that I dont like Goodyear tires and I personally just dont like the Sasquatch wheels. Id prefer BFGs on the steelies. But my BD trim would come with Generals, which I dont really like and would want to replace ASAP too, so.... deep thoughts.....
I am also unsure of that 2.3 4banger manual is really cut out for those big of wheels and tires, I was thinking of getting a black diamond just bumping up to 33’s but not wide 35s. Performance and MPG’s is probably going to suffer as well at least on the road

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Halle friggin luia!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's the part that seems to have gone largely unnoticed in the release:

"The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021. "

Well there you go, folks with MT+Squatch will have their orders held back for a while until parts are available to allocate beyond the initial Squatch. On the plus side, those folks who weren't ordering Squatch will have their production dates moved up a bit and receive vehicles sooner.

For Ranger, our build was delayed a few months due to the $95 external keypad part being unavailable (they then had a TSB on it, which was the root cause for our delay). Having the entire truck build delayed due to a stick-on keypad was pretty lame, but that's how it works. They can't start on a VIN unless there is 100% parts availability to make your build be delivered exactly as specified.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite possibly, yes. There was a reason they didn't do this initially. Some components probably had to be modified in order to make this work. Which would explain why we didn't hear anything from the beginning of July when people started asking Ford to build it this way, till last week when they showed pictures of them testing it. Now if new parts are required they have to contract a supplier and that supplier has retool a production line and work it into their schedule. The next question will be how much more will the Sasquatch package be with the manual trans.
I'm not sure what could possibly different. You can build a manual 2.3L Badlands that has all the hard parts you'd get with the Sasquatch minus the 35's and wheels. If I had to take a guess it would be they had to verify the extra stress of turning the 35's in crawler gear wasn't going to break anything versus the 33's you get with the basic Badlands.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

"The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021. "

Well there you go, folks with MT+Squatch will have their orders held back for a while until parts are available to allocate beyond the initial Squatch.
I'm OK with this.

We all knew that someone on the 1.5 year long order book was going to be Job#Last.

Make mine Grabber Lime, like my avatar, and I'll party like a happy drunken fool, here to then.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well there you go, folks with MT+Squatch will have their orders held back for a while until parts are available to allocate beyond the initial Squatch. On the plus side, those folks who weren't ordering Squatch will have their production dates moved up a bit and receive vehicles sooner.
I’m not sure how building vehicles works and happens but I reserved day 1 within the first hour and I’m really hoping that if enough day 1-2 reservations are mansquatch that ford won’t wait until late 2021
Sponsored