Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's great, but why didn't their crack design team have that as an option from day one? Did they just think there would be no interest in the manual? It really is great as I will be getting a lower trim with squatch and getting to keep the manual, but it makes me wonder how well they understand their customers.
Ummm... yeah probably. Manual transmissions only account for less than 10% of auto sales. I wouldn’t have invested in that. You have to use real data and since there aren’t ant established customers, since none are officially sold, they just have to guess based on market data. I’m pretty amazed they could retool their plans and offer it this year. I guarantee that is why the B&p is later than planned

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes!!! This is the news I've been waiting for, as a Brit it wasn't until I moved to the US I got my first Auto! Been a manual guy my whole life!

Also saw a Wrangler JL on 35s yesterday, the girlfriend loved it and said I had to get the Bronco with them...so I don't have a choice now!! Haha

2door ManSquatch for sure...question now is Base or Black Diamond...do I NEED the vinyl interior :unsure:
Yes, you do need the vinyl floor. Carpet should not be in cars IMO

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So Mike reached out to me after I reached out to him about the initial report. He apologized for not being able to confirm Mansquatch sooner, and also apologized for being incorrect about the September B+P tool. He said he gets our frustration and he wishes that he would’ve gotten it correct from the git-go, but with covid things just change so rapidly. He said the time is being used well to make sure we have the “best choices” so take that as you will.
Hi Nick, Can you please ask Mike Levine if they are going to indefinitely suspend the Change Dealers Deadline of Oct 31st so reservation holders are not held hostage by the dealers?

At the very least they need to commit to extending the deadline by at least a month after B&P is finally released.

@mike_at_ford we would be happy if you could reply to this question yourself please?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Mike reached out to me after I reached out to him about the initial report. He apologized for not being able to confirm Mansquatch sooner, and also apologized for being incorrect about the September B+P tool. He said he gets our frustration and he wishes that he would’ve gotten it correct from the git-go, but with covid things just change so rapidly. He said the time is being used well to make sure we have the “best choices” so take that as you will.
You actually sent him a normal message instead of snarky twitter posts? Who would have thought that would get you an actual response.

Also.... Its still September. There's a chance (though admittedly slight) that "October" was a CYA comment and we still see the B&P in the next week or so.

Last edited:

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats wrong w/the disco? Are there reliability issues being reported?
Oh I didn’t mean to agree on questioning the discos...... I assume they will work just fine. I just don’t think I’ll ever need that function for what I’m doing. Before they offered squatch with MT I went up to BL so i could get at least 33” tires. But now I’ll mansquatch a BD and save a little. That’s all I meant.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally
B&P has absolutely nothing to do with orders/ordering one. Literally just gives you the options/combos and prices

There isn't one, necessarily, but people are wanting to know how much it'll cost and then determine if they want to switch dealers.

This news didn't affect their stock either way, IMO. The entire market was down quite a bit today.

Yes and no - I think they probably underestimated initial manual demand, but are forecasting out over time and see a low take rate on manuals long term, and I agree with them.

I see Bronco following a similar trajectory to Wrangler in that regard - for both the manual and 2-door sales, while we're at it - higher than expected initial take rate/demand in the first year or two, and then cratering after that once all those "soccer moms" start purchasing 4 doors.

Ugh, I can hardly wait.

What about something like this? It's crude at the moment, but it's something I came up with quickly.

1600752177118.png
I find it strange you say the B&P has nothing to do with ordering.... other than pricing... if a customer I guess doesn’t care what trim or what the price of options for said trim is then yes screw BP and just go straight to the ordering window when it opens..we as consumers know only of survey pricing, not what actual pricing will be?
So the B&P has everything g to do with ordering.. they go hand in hand ..
but I’m guessing most - most consumers want to know the price of the product they want to purchase before let’s see actually purchasing it...

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I didn’t mean to agree on questioning the discos...... I assume they will work just fine. I just don’t think I’ll ever need that function for what I’m doing. Before they offered squatch with MT I went up to BL so i could get at least 33” tires. But now I’ll mansquatch a BD and save a little. That’s all I meant.
Ya...im waiting to see relative costs of bd/bl now that mansquatch is on the table...id like the disco, but depends on cost. None of my other 4x4s have a bar at all...i just got so used to the way they handle disconnected that I took them off. Could do that w/bd and add to my sb discard pile!

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because there are a lot of dealerships, especially in my area, that won't commit to any of that and are waiting for full price and order details. Any kind of new or special edition vehicle gets marked up thousands. In order to finalize dealership, Ford needs to finalize pricing in order to get some commitments.
And the final pricing and ordering info will come in December maybe if that is not pushed back. They are either upfront with you now or not. Expect msrp.

Sponsored

ThomasTheTrain

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya dude, the sasquatach will get more head turns than something like the lux package, because unless youre a creeper and you go peaking into other people's cars, youre not going to see it. If you're talking to some dude with his factory lifted bronco and he mentions he was able to get it for under 35k (options dependent of course) that will peak a certain amount of peoples interest and draw them in. Building brand recognition is incredibly important.

I'm honestly surprised they put the MT on the 2.3, Ford had to do some serious re-work to make that happen. It would have been easier for them to put it in the FY22 model and say they listened. I'd be happy we got what we got.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tires I didn't care that much about. Getting the upgraded front axle, locker, and lower gears, as well as the better suspension on a lower trim with the manual is what excites me. I was planning to go aftermarket for several things to stay with the manual, but now I may not have to, or at least can do it much later.

I could actually see going to a 285/75/17 after I wear these tires down, but we'll see. Bigger may be better.
BADLANDS gets you what you want!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BADLANDS gets you what you want!
BL has more than I want. Don’t want/need disco and don’t want advanced transfer case, although maybe squatch comes with that anyway? Not sure.

I’m playing the long game and prefer less tech to break or wear out.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, not much difference for you then. I'm doing BD as I distrust the disco.
I think Ford is using the BWI disco, could be wrong on that.

Not sure I trust it either, but the video is pretty cool. :LOL:

BWI Stabilizer Bar Disconnect System
Whats wrong w/the disco? Are there reliability issues being reported?
Oh I didn’t mean to agree on questioning the discos
I have confirmed that the disco is from BWI, I found several sources and did a write up here:

BWI Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Infomation
Sponsored

Last edited: