richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL has more than I want. Don’t want/need disco and don’t want advanced transfer case, although maybe squatch comes with that anyway? Not sure.

I’m playing the long game and prefer less tech to break or wear out.
I see well I originally started out wanting the BB with SAS and was going to pay for the auto but after comparing it to the BL I convinced myself it was a better deal. I average 4,500 miles a year on my current vehicle so don't anticipate having as much break and wear out and some.
Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be happy? But this is forum is the most Unappreciative group to ever exist.

now they will complain that a manual with the 2.7 is still not offered and why do we have to wait until late 2021 for the manual with the Sasquatch package?

and let’s not forget about the B&P. Levine said by september?

lol. There will be a lot more crying and bitching to come.
That is the whole point of a forum. Hashing stuff out. Whining, moaning, complaining, high fives, low fives, fists in the air. The joy of victory and the agony of defeat.

The Sas lives in the man!

BroncoV6Stick

Wildtrak
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I started following him on Twitter and woke up to that tweet! I was like oh shit these fools are going to freak out.

1600687373798.gif
Looks like the petition worked. Now we need to petition for a 2.7 with manual and see if the Ford Genie Grant our wish?
Near the end of 1986, I special ordered a 1987 Bronco XLT in blue with the 6cyl and 4 speed over drive stick. I will wait to order mine for one year and see if they will offer the 2.7 in stick. I think Ford may do this since there is extremely high interest in it.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford needs to put a gag order on this man. By September surely doesn't mean in October. If you can't give us correct information please don't give us any at all, as it only reflects poorly on you and your company.
My theory is Build and Price is ready, but won't be out until the very end of October. That gives reservation holders less time or no time to switch dealers. As most dealers are giving us the same song and dance which is they won't commit to a price until build & price site is up.
BUYERS BEWARE ! If your dealer can't commit to a discount, chances are your not getting a discount.
I suggest having a conversation with your dealership, tell them you'll be immediately switching your reservation if they're not willing to start the negotiation process.
At this stage in the game Ford has been playing games with dates, I truly wouldn't be surprised if they take away the October 31 switching date. I believe I'll be having a sit down with my dealer sooner than later, as it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd love to keep my business local but my hunch is I'll be switching to Stephen's.
All you need is to know if they will be allowing negotiations, honoring plans, msrp only, or markup. Mine didn’t confirm negotiations, but they did confirm no markup, and they will definitely honor ford discount plans (if ford makes them available). I have an email from the owner. I removed the signature.

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Manual + Sasquatch Bronco, October Build & Price! 1600785659947

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If already discussed, I missed it, but why the late availability? What is different to affect production? Software upgrades or something mechanical?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If already discussed, I missed it, but why the late availability? What is different to affect production? Software upgrades or something mechanical?
it's probably the time to get the core exchanges done (send back an auto transmission to china, ship out a manual transmission to the states after receipt).

just like the short block i had to exchange years ago. ;)

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badass! Now I can delete my Twitter account, since its only function was to beg @mike_at_ford for the ManSquatch.
I'm actually pretty glad ManSquatch delivery will be delayed, as it gives me time to build up my down payment, as well as trim the fat in other areas of my budget, and possibly find a better paying job, lol.
I am currently too poor to buy a brand new vehicle, but I WILL FIND A WAY.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because Ford now has to fully verify the variant in testing.
Get the finalized design specifications to the OEM partners.
Get those parts into the system build schedule.

Then Ford can add Mansquatch to slots in the production line as the parts roll in.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because Ford now has to fully verify the variant in testing.
Get the finalized design specifications to the OEM partners.
Get those parts into the system build schedule.

Then Ford can add Mansquatch to slots in the production line as the parts roll in.
What parts were not already included? Other than software, what changed part wise that would affect production schedule. Since nothing has been ordered yet, Ford has no idea how many of any model or trim will be built.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
What parts were not already included? Other than software, what changed part wise that would affect production schedule. Since nothing has been ordered yet, Ford has no idea how many of any model or trim will be built.
Those big ol' 35"s spin by 4.7 gears adds A LOT of stress to the entire drivetrain.

The Fed Gov has a ton of regulations that Ford needs to confirm that they are in compliance with.

Ford needs to create all of the technical production data for the line assembly people and QC to follow.

These are just *a few* of the things Ford has to do , off the top of my head.

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2013 Ford Focus S Manual, 2018 F150 XLT 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.
Is it possible to get a Definition of "In October" and what means from Ford? As I recall it was "By September" defined as all of September granted we have 8 days left for a possible build and price. Does it mean on Oct. 1 we can build and price?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would say...the transmission itself...I'm sure they had a good idea of take rate they way packages had been configured, this sets that research on it's ear and will require more manuals in the supply chain.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never was planning on going squatch in the first place, so my manual choice was never affected. It's cool they listen though. So much for B&P "by September" though.
Sponsored