First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2018 F150 Regular Cab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ref-reviewing-a-call-300x219.png

On further review the call on the field has been overturned..

Fiddled around yesterday and tried to build my rig in Jeep. Yup, thank you for for possible making my Bronco build less full of high end suck like it would be with a Jeep.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's great, but why didn't their crack design team have that as an option from day one? Did they just think there would be no interest in the manual? It really is great as I will be getting a lower trim with squatch and getting to keep the manual, but it makes me wonder how well they understand their customers.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a great commercial

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's great, but why didn't their crack design team have that as an option from day one? Did they just think there would be no interest in the manual? It really is great as I will be getting a lower trim with squatch and getting to keep the manual, but it makes me wonder how well they understand their customers.
My guess is that the brass didn’t want a manual in the first place. I’m sure the manual take rate will be ~10% which would be on the verge of not worthwhile.

Count our lucky stars and be happy we’re getting it!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess is that the brass didn’t want a manual in the first place. I’m sure the manual take rate will be ~10% which would be on the verge of not worthwhile.

Count our lucky stars and be happy we’re getting it!

Maybe for the life of the 6gen, but I bet it's quite a bit higher for the 2021s.

Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs