First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just know I’ve had a JK for 12 years and not once did I say to myself: “I wish I had a pull out tray”.

I agree a pull out security drawer would make more sense.
I am the exact opposite. I have owned trucks all of my life and cannot imagine life without a tailgate... that is where small repairs & projects happen when away from the workbench at home.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it would be great for the camp stove but someone on here posted a picture of one of the jeep tailgate tables that many companies make and that actually looks way more practical

J101072.jpeg
Does this style door, and do we know whether the Bronco will, have a mechanism to stay open and fully extended? Or is it subject to gravity and the weight of the spare and will begin to close if on uneven ground or high wind conditions?

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always said... give me the 2 door with a 4 door wheel base.

It's really the concept of the Bronco R. Imagine a 2 door with a 60/40 rear seat (or better yet for me... rear seat delete) that folds flat with the slide out tailgate. All concerns for space are gone. Perfect overlanding road tripper. I'm sure I could even sleep in the back if need be. I'm hopeful that while building the Brand and diversifying the offerings this very vehicle and a 2 door pick up come to market. A long shot? Probably... but I still keep dreaming about it. For those that think it wouldn't look right... let this soak in a bit...

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Sliding Tray not available for 2 door Bronco 1596304076106

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does this style door, and do we know whether the Bronco will, have a mechanism to stay open and fully extended? Or is it subject to gravity and the weight of the spare and will begin to close if on uneven ground or high wind conditions?
There's a hydraulic arm on the rear door similar to the ones that support the rear glass. Bottom right in this pic

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Sliding Tray not available for 2 door Bronco 1594698279646

Last edited:

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 100% happy with the SIZE of the 2-door rear. But its DESIGN renders it nearly unusable. And 'dgaf' seems to be the message Ford is sending out.
This 1000%
The 2 door has plenty of size to be practical
With a proper rear seat it'd have great cargo space
Sponsored