Sponsored

Confirmed that Ford factory Bronco winch = special edition Warn winch with Bronco logo

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that might be interested, one of my questions got answered today by a customer service rep.at Ford today about the factory Ford winch. I have been curious about the winch being a special edition Warn Winch sporting a Bronco Emblem as one of the early videos suggested. I feel having a factory special edition winch would be a good resale point, therefore I was curious about it. When I placed my order , the dealership was not able to add the winch to my order and did not have any information about the winch. So today she confirmed it WILL be a special Edition Winch!
Sponsored

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that might be interested, one of my questions got answered today by a customer service rep.at Ford today about the factory Ford winch. I have been curious about the winch being a special edition Warn Winch sporting a Bronco Emblem as one of the early videos suggested. I feel having a factory special edition winch would be a good resale point, therefore I was curious about it. When I placed my order , the dealership was not able to add the winch to my order and did not have any information about the winch. So today she confirmed it WILL be a special Edition Winch!
Did you confirm if the winch will come with the synthetic or steel rope? There is conflicting information on the B&P.

OP
OP
MarkusBigBucks

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you confirm if the winch will come with the synthetic or steel rope? There is conflicting information on the B&P.
I did not, the winch question came up while I was complaining about my dealership not following up on 3 simple questions , one of them being sound deadening headliner, the Other ,is it in fact a special edition winch sporting the Bronco Emblem, the third was pricing, still haven’t heard from my dealership since I placed my order in January. She confirmed the winch and the headliner ( which we already knew), the price gouging is still in the works.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still have a hard time believing they'd throw the steel cable on their after seeing the price & how Ford needs to save every pound they can. Not to mention that their SD tremor trucks have synthetic line on their winch option. I said this before and will say it again, if I were a betting man, I'd say the winch option will not be available for MY21. Same thing happened with the SD tremors and people waiting almost a year to get their winch.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have a hard time believing they'd throw the steel cable on their after seeing the price & how Ford needs to save every pound they can. Not to mention that their SD tremor trucks have synthetic line on their winch option. I said this before and will say it again, if I were a betting man, I'd say the winch option will not be available for MY21. Same thing happened with the SD tremors and people waiting almost a year to get their winch.
B&P has been updated for a while. It says 10-S. Yes, it still has a text about a steel rope, but I am pretty sure it's gonna be 10-S

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B&P stopped to show a winch on photos. Not sure, may it's a bug, but maybe it's a feature and some updates are coming...

Ford Bronco Confirmed that Ford factory Bronco winch = special edition Warn winch with Bronco logo Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.25.03 PM

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I suspect, as we have seen before, two things.

1) Phone reps never know the complete story.

2) The only thing special about the winch is it is a stock/standard Warn Zeon 10S winch with a Bronco sticker slapped on.

I don't want a Ford special edition winch vs a Warn standard winch, something simple, like the
Control Pack Relocation Kit for ZEON Winches
that normally sells for $100, will be $300 when you go to buy it at the Ford parts counter if it becomes "Ford Exclusive" (when in fact it will really be the same exact part).

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P has been updated for a while. It says 10-S. Yes, it still has a text about a steel rope, but I am pretty sure it's gonna be 10-S
I wouldn't trust the B&P if my life depended on it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect, as we have seen before, two things.

1) Phone reps never know the complete story.

2) The only thing special about the winch is it is a stock/standard Warn Zeon 10S winch with a Bronco sticker slapped on.

I don't want a Ford special edition winch vs a Warn standard winch, something simple, like the
Control Pack Relocation Kit for ZEON Winches
that normally sells for $100, will be $300 when you go to buy it at the Ford parts counter if it becomes "Ford Exclusive" (and if fact will really be the same exact part).
And I'm still trying to figure out where I'll mount the solenoid relocation box w/ the 2.7 and lack of space under the hood. May have to get real creative. But I figure we have until MY22 to actually get our hands on them.
Sponsored