First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is molded shadow black hard top painted like the shadow black paint option or is it like the molded grey hard top that I've seen.....like a matt color plastic? Not really sure why the heck Ford would even consider the grey and not white hard top as an option. I actually don't mind the look of the grey on certain color trucks but black makes more sense. I'm hoping the black is a matt finish and not shiny.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought about this a little today on my drive in. My guess is that with the colors currently offered grey seems to be the most neutral and would look good with all colors.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modular Hard Top Shadow Black-Painted

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought about this a little today on my drive in. My guess is that with the colors currently offered grey seems to be the most neutral and would look good with all colors.
I agree especially with the dark colored broncos. I'll have no choice regarding that because i'm sticking to the cheapest top and gray it is. as long as I can take the front and/or center off like the like the modular black. I'm not worried about the removal rear windows

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m more confused about the HT issue- Iā€™m pretty sure On my trim - BD but rather upgrade to the shadow black punted HT but donā€™t think itā€™s an option on the BD 2 Dr

Sponsored

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The MIC grey top..... how many pieces is it? Does it it have the t-top style pieces that can be removed with the roof rack on or is the multi-piece top just the ā€œmodularā€ version?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...Not really sure why the heck Ford would even consider the grey and not white hard top as an option...
I don't get this either. I had planned on getting a Bronco with a white top and keeping my old Tundra. I'm not buying a Bronco with a gray or black top. If the white top is not offered I'll likely just trade my old truck in for a new Tundra and save myself a lot of money.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no molded black hardtop

The MIC grey top..... how many pieces is it? Does it it have the t-top style pieces that can be removed with the roof rack on or is the multi-piece top just the ā€œmodularā€ version?
4-door is 4 pieces and 2-door is 3

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. All hard tops have two pieces over the driver and front passenger.
@BroncoKong Jr. listed the number of pieces (for the non-modular top).

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a lot of confusion out there regarding the hard tops. Here is the breakdown as I understand it:

2 Door MIC - 3 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Rear Clamshell)
2 Door Modular Shadow Black/Body Color Painted - 6 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Rear 'Sunroof'/Rear Side Window x 2/Rear Clamshell)

4 Door MIC - 4 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Backseat/Rear Clamshell)
4 Door Modular Shadow Black/Body Color Painted - 6 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Backseat/Rear Side Window x 2/Rear Clamshell)

What I want to know is if I opt for the Modular HT for my 2 door, can I easily remove the far rear glass? It would look sweet as a safari style hardtop to take off the rear side and the back glass. I'm sure anything can be removed with a socket set, but how much of a hassle will it be i'm wondering, and how unfinished will it look when it's off?

WARNING, DO NOT FREAK OUT OVER MY AWESOME PHOTOSHOP SKILLZ BELOW
Ford Bronco Confused about hard top color offerings Untitled

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking my local paint shop can take care of the white top I want easily. Now, the cost of that is another thing. :)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...]

What I want to know is if I opt for the Modular HT for my 2 door, can I easily remove the far rear glass? It would look sweet as a safari style hardtop to take off the rear side and the back glass. I'm sure anything can be removed with a socket set, but how much of a hassle will it be i'm wondering, and how unfinished will it look when it's off?
No.

It appears to be attached the same way the Wrangler's glass is... that is to say it is bolted to the hinges, which are in turn bolted to the top. Also, you have the wires going to the defrost, wiper motor, and hose for the washer.

You *can* open the rear window and drive around like that. This is standard practice for Wrangler owners on nice days where I live, but for some reason every time I mention that here everyone thinks I'm joking.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Ford Bronco Confused about hard top color offerings Jeep Open back

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No.

It appears to be attached the same way the Wrangler's glass is... that is to say it is bolted to the hinges, which are in turn bolted to the top. Also, you have the wires going to the defrost, wiper motor, and hose for the washer.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Hmm that's unfortunate. I wonder if the aftermarket can come up with something. Ideally I could picture myself unbolting/removing the struts and hinges, and fashioning up an upside down U-shaped trim piece to go over/around the gasket including a cover for the hinge cutouts to offer a more finished look. I wonder if I can sweet talk someone with a 3D printer...

This would essentially make my hardtop a more permanent bimini top.

Ford Bronco Confused about hard top color offerings 1598556165395

Ford Bronco Confused about hard top color offerings 1598556598099

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking my local paint shop can take care of the white top I want easily. Now, the cost of that is another thing. :)
I'm not buying a new Bronco to immediately make a handful of appointments with "the aftermarket" to fix shit Ford should'a gotten right from the beginning. Flat load floor....painted top - are you listening?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not buying a new Bronco to immediately make a handful of appointments with "the aftermarket" to fix shit Ford should'a gotten right from the beginning. Flat load floor....painted top - are you listening?
Yep I agree
I think some of these things should be worked out prior to order and maybe they are- and gimme a break with the cheap grey plastic HT and black flares and black mirror caps
They should all be the same
Sponsored