Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of confusion out there regarding the hard tops. Here is the breakdown as I understand it:

2 Door MIC - 3 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Rear Clamshell)
2 Door Modular Shadow Black/Body Color Painted - 6 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Rear 'Sunroof'/Rear Side Window x 2/Rear Clamshell)

4 Door MIC - 4 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Backseat/Rear Clamshell)
4 Door Modular Shadow Black/Body Color Painted - 6 pcs (Driver/Passenger/Backseat/Rear Side Window x 2/Rear Clamshell)

What I want to know is if I opt for the Modular HT for my 2 door, can I easily remove the far rear glass? It would look sweet as a safari style hardtop to take off the rear side and the back glass. I'm sure anything can be removed with a socket set, but how much of a hassle will it be i'm wondering, and how unfinished will it look when it's off?

WARNING, DO NOT FREAK OUT OVER MY AWESOME PHOTOSHOP SKILLZ BELOW
Untitled.png
The side windows are removable on the modular hardtop but I don't believe the rear window is. They demonstrate the removal at the end of this video.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man I hope you guys are right. I don't care about the Grey vs Black... probably going with Silver color because at least it is not one of those "mood ring" colors that can't make up their freaking mind.

But I wasn't aware that the standard 4-door hard top had a section just over the rear seats (thought it was rear seats back = 1 piece). I see no reason to buy the modular just so you can take out the back windows without the rear top?

Basically, If I can remove driver, passenger, rear seat all easily by hand, and leave the heavier "Rear Section" on ... it is more than I could have hoped... I'm a happy boy!

OP
OP
AngryIrishman

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The side windows are removable on the modular hardtop but I don't believe the rear window is. They demonstrate the removal at the end of this video.
Modular Hard Top Shadow Black-Painted

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Well the top video looks like a shiny black and the yellow pic looks flat black which is what I would want. Problem is, this is a rendering I believe. Does anyone know if the black top is a matte finish or shiny?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the top video looks like a shiny black and the yellow pic looks flat black which is what I would want. Problem is, this is a rendering I believe. Does anyone know if the black top is a matte finish or shiny?
The painted hardtop is shiny

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think it's shiny. If you select black and choose body color top, that would the only way it would really match.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not buying a new Bronco to immediately make a handful of appointments with "the aftermarket" to fix shit Ford should'a gotten right from the beginning. Flat load floor....painted top - are you listening?
Don't worry, after you buy your 2021, the 2022 model will come with white tops and replace the gray top

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't worry, after you buy your 2021, the 2022 model will come with white tops and replace the gray top
If Ford face plants 2021, they prolly won't make it to 2022

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I wasn't aware that the standard 4-door hard top had a section just over the rear seats (thought it was rear seats back = 1 piece). I see no reason to buy the modular just so you can take out the back windows without the rear top?

Basically, If I can remove driver, passenger, rear seat all easily by hand, and leave the heavier "Rear Section" on ... it is more than I could have hoped... I'm a happy boy!
FYI if you have the optional roof rack, there isn't clearance to remove the rear seats top on the 4 door. That's why they made the front seats top 2 pieces. You'd have to remove the roof rack, remove the back seat top, then put the rack back on.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What ever ugly color they offer, I'm just gonna paint the top white(to match body color) and possibly satin black sides....not going to pay some rediculous amount the Ford is charging

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI if you have the optional roof rack, there isn't clearance to remove the rear seats top on the 4 door. That's why they made the front seats top 2 pieces. You'd have to remove the roof rack, remove the back seat top, then put the rack back on.
Did you see this somewhere? I thought the whole selling point was that their modular tops can be removed if you get THEIR roof rack?

Sundog

Heritage
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
To get the body matched colored hard top on the Badlands, are you required to purchase the dual top option? I have no interest in owning a soft top.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see this somewhere? I thought the whole selling point was that their modular tops can be removed if you get THEIR roof rack?
It was part of the twitter AMA a few weeks ago.

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking my local paint shop can take care of the white top I want easily. Now, the cost of that is another thing. :)
I am looking into doing a wrap on the whole thing. Just the top might be a good idea.There are a ton of colors, it can be changed, should offer a layer of protection from sun, birds, etc. MIGHT even be able to DIY.
Sponsored