Sponsored

Confused over dealer size vs delivery date

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Ford informed dealers of its plan for orders, delivery, and allocation, I’m confused if I need to move my reservation. Ford automatically assigned me to a very small dealer in my town. It wouldn’t surprise me if I were the only one. However, being in the Portland metro area I could easily move it to a larger dealer. I have a July 15 reservation and have no idea if I should stay small or move to a larger dealer. All things being equal price wise, anyone have any idea? Thanks!
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are not the only one (that is confused). Best bet is to talk to your dealer and ask them where your timestamp fits in with any other reservations they have.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Think everyone is confused. My dealer said my reservation is one of their earlier ones at their dealership so I should be one of the first to get it from them.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe we will all become victims of the demon know as "The Supply Chain"...no sense on starting a build down the line if the parts aren't there...once the parts are identified and rounded up....then it's 2 door or 4 door...and then maybe color....mass production works best as a "batch process" otherwise production costs eat away at profit...Detroit has been doing this for decades.
The next hurdle will be transport to your dealer...I wouldn't think too hard on this...it'll drive you to drinking!

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe we will all become victims of the demon know as "The Supply Chain"...no sense on starting a build down the line if the parts aren't there...once the parts are identified and rounded up....then it's 2 door or 4 door...and then maybe color....mass production works best as a "batch process" otherwise production costs eat away at profit...Detroit has been doing this for decades.
The next hurdle will be transport to your dealer...I wouldn't think too hard on this...it'll drive you to drinking!
I'll tell you what we won't be short of in the next few months: Posts that ask if we know when someones Bronco will be delivered.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ignore it - The email today said it is mostly based on time stamp.

Reactions: fv9

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask your sales manager how many reservations they have. Ask you sales manager where you stand, time stamp wise, on his/her reservation list. He/she should be able to give you that information. This will give you a good idea of where you stand. If you are in the top 50%, you are golden.

at least the way I understand it....I think you are good anyway, a small dealership doesn't need that many Boncos, I think Ford can get them to 'em.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you switch to a larger dealer you'll just be supporting the screwed up system that got us here in the first place.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just find a dealer you feel good about and don't worry about it. There will be a lot of things that affect order of build with dealer being only one of them.
Sponsored