Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the limited information that Ford provided, all I can tell is that Connected is a 90-day subscription and Connected Built-In is 3 years. Can anybody confirm? I hardly care about navigation but my wife will like it. I wish you could get the B&O system ala carte...
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's how I read it. A really expensive 3 year subscription.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really want to know what the “subscription” price will be after the trial runs out? I hate subscriptions as they always seem to change prices and screw the consumers over

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the 3 year deal is new. I swear when I looked at this before it was either subscription or on the higher model you got non-subscription nav. Insinuating it was on going. Looks like the built in is just a pre-paid subscription. The fine print also says it just turns off after 3 years. I wish I would have kept a copy of the details from before the b&p.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watching this as well. I thought I read that the Lux gives you the ability to have a Non Subscription Nav so I was wondering if this is the Nav from the Lux.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watching this as well. I'm looking at the 2021 F150 Order Guide and price list trying to fine some correlation. There seams to be something to do with the 8" and 12" screens.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watching this as well. I'm looking at the 2021 F150 Order Guide and price list trying to fine some correlation. There seams to be something to do with the 8" and 12" screens.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that the sub is for live features like real-time traffic (and possibly features like trail maps). Nav should continue to work after the sub expires.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Connected Nav is where the unit gets its GPS data from your phone, no phone signal, no map data. Built in connected means the unit has its own GPS sensors and does not require a phone for a GPS signal, but may use it for traffic and weather updates depending on build. The subscription is for map updates, live traffic & weather. You do not need the subscription in the built in unit to get maps, but do need it if you want map data updates, live traffic & weather. As for the trail maps I am not sure as they are new and specific to Ford.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Connected Nav is where the unit gets its GPS data from your phone, no phone signal, no map data. Built in connected means the unit has its own GPS sensors and does not require a phone for a GPS signal, but may use it for traffic and weather updates depending on build. The subscription is for map updates, live traffic & weather. You do not need the subscription in the built in unit to get maps, but do need it if you want map data updates, live traffic & weather. As for the trail maps I am not sure as they are new and specific to Ford.
What? So you are saying the standard Radio can't use Nav without linking your phone? And to have an actual working Nav we have to tack on that $700 updated Radio?

Flipping ridiculous. My $25k has Nav, doesn't cost me dime to own or us unless I want to pay to update the shape files.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fan of Android auto/Apple Car Play. Works ok.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm.. so does this mean no nav on the Base or just won't have the trial subscription ??