First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are the electrical connections for the rear wiper and defroster similar to the door connection for when you remove the top? Is there a quick disconnect for the washer hose so you don't lose fluid if you spray the windshield? The only experience I have with a removable/convertible top is on a Corvette and there is obviously no wiper on one of those.
Sponsored

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's anything like the Jeeps I've had, yes. There will be a disconnect for the washer fluid and the electrical harness with ease of use/QD in mind. Was pretty straight forward on my JK. Just tuck the harness under the rear plastic or carpet when not in use. I actually fastened them up into a fire extinguisher setup I had so they wouldn't rattle.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can I leave the rear washer fluid line open and connect to to a shower head? Good for those campsite clean-ups.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I leave the rear washer fluid line open and connect to to a shower head? Good for those campsite clean-ups.
Sure, I mean, I guess if you want to drench yourself in methanol?

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On JK jeep wranglers, if you didn't get the hard top from the factory, you didn't get the washer fluid hose, wiper wiring, or defrost wiring. Seeing how ford does their options, this might be a problem on Bronco too. It's not cheap or easy to add the wiring harness and change the wiper stalk and programming to get these items to work after the fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikeandmiki

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it's anything like the Jeeps I've had, yes. There will be a disconnect for the washer fluid and the electrical harness with ease of use/QD in mind. Was pretty straight forward on my JK. Just tuck the harness under the rear plastic or carpet when not in use. I actually fastened them up into a fire extinguisher setup I had so they wouldn't rattle.
I figured there would be but thought I’d ask

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On JK jeep wranglers, if you didn't get the hard top from the factory, you didn't get the washer fluid hose, wiper wiring, or defrost wiring. Seeing how ford does their options, this might be a problem on Bronco too. It's not cheap or easy to add the wiring harness and change the wiper stalk and programming to get these items to work after the fact.
Ford has confirmed if you order a soft top from the factory it will have all the wiring, etc. to add a hard top after the fact. I think it was from one of the threads on the Colorado event.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has confirmed if you order a soft top from the factory it will have all the wiring, etc. to add a hard top after the fact. I think it was from one of the threads on the Colorado event.
Wiper motor, too?

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I came here to say just this. I ran a jeep that had a soft top only option from the factory with a hard top I bought used and it was not the end of the world, but I do wish I had had the connections from the factory.

I haven't heard anything on this from a bronco perspective, but I'd wager the same. I hesitate to think Ford will include hardware for a vehicle not factory optioned to use that hardware. But who knows?!?
Sponsored