Sponsored

Consider MIC Hardtop DISPOSABLE ? -- Ford Keep Shipping Broncos !!

Keep Shipping Broncos w MIC Hardtop

• Total voters

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford-Webasto are prob not going to provide quality reliable hardtops -

Just ship the Broncos - we can replace MIC with aftermarket products -
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people expect a quality product for their money.

LMFAO at your "Its garbage - so what, it's disposable" premise.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lofty notion, but I don't think it'll work out. I know I personally wouldn't want to spend 2-3 grand for a roof every 2-3 years, and I can 100% afford to do that. Still doesn't mean I'm ok with throwing money in the trash on a regular basis. I'm opting for a soft top and hoping for the best right now, knowing that'll have to take absolutely fastidious care of it to make it last more than 3 summers in arizona, and I'm *hoping* that the hardtop issue is better by then.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think Ford will help out buyers who get a MIC or soft top now. You’re taking one with the expectation that it needs to last until 2023 and you’re on the hook for the 2nd one

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think Ford will help out buyers who get a MIC or soft top now. You’re taking one with the expectation that it needs to last until 2023 and you’re on the hook for the 2nd one
Unfortunately I think this is the case. I don’t think Ford wants to go out of their way to fix/replace a lot of tops. I think that’s why they’re holding so many at MAP now. They’d prob rather not ship than to send crappy ones.

OP what if they had a subscription program for tops? 😁 $500/year gets you a new top every years haha

We would all riot LOL

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It all comes down to money. Ford is not going to ship replacement tops all over the country out at their expense of over the next years. Yes, the units will sit in some parking lot waiting and it will piss off a lot of people who will cancel and curse Ford. In the end someone will buy those sitting on that lot at probably a premium.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a customer ordered WT four door with the MIC the other day. The top looked fine “ except” for the seam edge on the rear window section of the clam shell. It had the unfinished edge appearance. I had to really look for it, but it was there. Would that tiny issue make me delay taking the Bronco home? Meh

no.

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

See what I dont understand, I was on the phone with my dealer regarding him stating I should change my MIC to a softtop to take 6 mos - 1 yr off my wait. I have a 7/14 reservation date and STILL no VIN #. I told him im going to wait for my hard top since Im getting racks as well but if this is seen as a disposable part of the car am I missing why I would have to wait this long???

My order is : OBX- 2.7L- MIC RR- Lux- Tow- Non Sas. Obviously I want a roof that will work for years to come but I would also love to just have the car now at this point.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ship and left warranty figure it out or give us 2-doors a soft top option like the 4-doors.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am fine with this idea if it is stated by Ford and covered by warranty. Otherwise no, give me a quality product since I am paying for it and if it takes you a bit longer to figure it out then so be it.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm opting for a soft top and hoping for the best right now, knowing that'll have to take absolutely fastidious care of it to make it last more than 3 summers in arizona, and I'm *hoping* that the hardtop issue is better by then.
I have a feeling that there are some soft top buyers that don't yet realize that they typically require replacement every 3-5 yrs.

Some people expect a quality product for their money.
Of course. Do you believe that Ford will completely resolve the MIC top design issues quickly and that it will be reliable and trouble-free and frustration-free in the long term (beyond warranty)? Do you want to wait 2 years for a top redesign before receiving your Bronco?

Some are considering if they are willing to accept the problematic and fragile MIC top design and replace it later if necessary on their own dime. Others are considering if they want to face the potential warranty hassles or live with cosmetic deterioration after the warranty expires.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a feeling that there are some soft top buyers that don't yet realize that they typically require replacement every 3-5 yrs.
Yep, I've lived here long enough and had enough convertibles to know how they fare on lifespan. Did you know that the UV index in Phoenix literally goes to 11? no bullshit!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
/laughs in factory warranty.

tops will be covered when they fall apart and anything else would be a PR nightmare with 100% of 2 doors affected as well as the vast majority of 4 door that's currently leaving MAP as we speak.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I
So you're thinking this could be Ford's plan ?
A way to dump a lot of us res holders - then sell our Broncos w $20k markup ?
I’m not saying they are doing it on purpose. I just don’t see them sending out something that they know they will have to spend a ton of money to
replace in the future. Those tops will cost a fortune to ship. In the long run it’s cheaper to let the Broncos sit.
Sponsored